Considering a New Evo IX

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

mossberg

Mar 4, 2006
Hi guys,
Need your advice here. I'm planning of getting a new Evo IX. Questions are:-
1. Where can I get the best deal? (PM me if you don't want to tell it here)
2. How much is the insurance?
3. Does the new car come with warranty?
4. Can I specify what accessories I want and don't want when I buy the car; e.g I don't want a sunroof, I want VG, etc.
5. Are there good tuners in KL? Are they reliable? (PM me if you don't want to tell it here)
6. Do you guys organize track days often? Not to say I'm an expert, but I do intend to track the car, if I do get one.

Any feedback is very much appreciated.

netracer

Known Member
Feb 15, 2005
Ipoh-KL
Visit site
FYI, EVO IX has stopped production in Japan. Our Msian Official Importer has last batch of stock and there is no options to specify as whatever left there is for sale is as that.

Why stop production? Well for one is the t/charger spike boost issue. Most of us have experienced/come to know about it. A 3rd party boost controller seems to be able to rectify / minimize problems. Note : this only happen to hard revving on 1st n 2nd gear launches / downshifting.

Secondly, the EVO X is confirmed to be in production right this very moment. Mitsubishi Malaysia is not importing it yet as worried the arrival would be end of this year and hence nobody wants to own a 2006 model year of production according to the sales rep of Mitsu Msia. So by early next year, we should be seeing EVO X in their showrooms bearing 2007 year of manufactured. Heck, I strongly believe it would be 2006 production anyway, just for our Reg Card and Customs would stamp a 2007 year made. Better resale value / financing is a factor.

However, do expect grey importers to bring EVO X in by the end of this year....

So the big question now? Wait for the EVO X? Or buy a 2nd EVO IX for RM225K?
For track, get even a E8 and go with a stroker kit is also another choice.

Last edited:

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
mossberg,

1st of all welcome u to our forum!!! :_: Myself a E9 owner here... There r 2 ways u can buy a brand new E9 - 1. Buy from Mitsu, Pricing: RM285k+; 2. Buy from outside Grey Importer, Pricing RM260k-265k+ (My dealer is selling it)... As for warranty wise, i think both side oso provide very minimal warranty as Evo r different from all other cars they r selling... Most buyers tends to mod de car (even u r changing de audio, it might consider warranty void) thus mitsu/dealers cant warranty tht... As for insurance, i forget how much dy... Hahaha...

As for ur Q.4, i guess its a bit hard as Mitsu onli bring in de general spec - GSR... Whereas whatever units of E9 left with Grey Importer tht's it... They cant bring in any new E9 (according to ur requirment)as Mitsu hv block all AP on their cars... Mayb special arrangement with Mitsu can b done... U gotto try urself!!!

There r lotsa good n reliable tuners in town... Its jus tht whether v hv enough $$$ for them to tune our cars with all de nesseccery parts they needed!!! They r lotsa 400hp-500hp Evos 'flying' ard KL n Msia... LoLzzzzz... :_: They all r a real monster!!!

Yep, v do organize track days... But it all hv to depends on de Sepang schedule as in when n what time they hv it open to public!!! I think de SIC gonna close soon as de Millinium race in Aug is coming again, n they wil close it for de participant for practice!!!

Yo bro, if u can wait y not waiting for de Evo 9.5??? Heard its gonna launch in Aug in Japan!!! De new Evo 9.5 is de very last generation of de Legendary 4G63 engine n it comes with de Titanium-Aluminium turbine!!! And of cause its de upgrade version of de current out going Evo9!!! And oso, it wil b de STRONGEST n MOST POWERFUL Evo ever!!!

But for pricing wise, am not so sure... U can do a check with de M'sia Mitsu for it n place order for them... It wil b a good n worthy buy!!!

:_: Hopes the above info helps!!! Cheers!!!

MLOC Treasurer!!!

Soundstream,

Evo X wil comes in 2007 end or early 2008!!! It wil b a brand new engine on tht monster... No longer de 4G63!!! Haha...

mossberg

Mar 4, 2006
Thanks guys for the info. It's interesting to know that there'll be a 9.5 coming out. I guess it's something like an MR version?

Yeah, heard that Mitsu will stop production of the IX in August and there will be around 18 months of lapse time before the introduction of the X.

I'm keen on the X but don't know how much it's gonna cost; should cost more than a IX and I don't know if I can wait that long!

Mitsu charges 20K more than dealers; might as well use the extra 20K for mods. What a rip off.

I believe Mitsu recommends RON98 fuel for the car. Since we don't have that in Msia, any issues with the Evos running RON97?

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
So far i use onli Shell V-Power... And i dun hv any problem for tht!!! :_:

I think de Evo X wil cost more than RM 300k easily without doubt!!! Jus look at de pricing for other cars... Keep rising man... And this Evo X is promised to b special in technologies... So its gonna b expensive!!! Jus like am predicting de GTR35 gonna cost more than RM400k!!!

:_:

netracer

Known Member
Feb 15, 2005
Ipoh-KL
Visit site
as for me, dun dream n worried too much of the future. Just do it now and not regret later. There will always be a better model, everytime.

Enjoy within ur budget. A car should be ur ride, not a burden. My 2 cents.

mossberg

Mar 4, 2006
Agree. Heard the gear shifting is gonna be like that in F1 cars and it comes with 19 or 20 inches tyres. With these 2 alone, it's already costing a bomb!

Stormvolution 9 said:
So far i use onli Shell V-Power... And i dun hv any problem for tht!!! :_:

I think de Evo X wil cost more than RM 300k easily without doubt!!! Jus look at de pricing for other cars... Keep rising man... And this Evo X is promised to b special in technologies... So its gonna b expensive!!! Jus like am predicting de GTR35 gonna cost more than RM400k!!!

:_:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

wanna ask any of u got add fiber air scoop???
1st when i went 2 sparay the guy said the joins bewteen the body and aircoop cannot cement..he say will crack...but its looks ugly cause can see the lining..so any guys go experience before..plz help..THX>....
anyone got do before?? plz plz plz help...thx.
cheerz
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience