Considering a Hyundai coupe

Jan 12, 2007
Hey fellas. I in the middle of scouting around for a new car. My Mit FTO which I love is getting a little impractical and long in the tooth to be a daily car. Still don't really want to get sedan so was looking for a good sports ride that would be a reliable daily car. Saw a Tiburon parked someplace the other day and decided it looked rather nice. Just wanted to get some pointers from you guys about the ride:

1. What's the mileage like
2. What are the major issues with these cars. The common faults and failures
3. What are the parts availablility like
4. How much do you pay for your usual service

Driving around a pretty old car, I'm probably tempted to get one brand new so questions 3 and 4 might not matter as much. Just want to get a general feel for those of you who have these. Would be great if I could get the experiences from those who have owned/driven other cars in the class as well so I could get a reasonable comparison.

jdr1786

Known Member
Dec 9, 2008
kuala lumpur
hey maestryap first off good choice!! well it's deffinately a good sports car for daily
& the spare parts are widely available thanks sime dirby & many aftermarket oem stuff too, ofcourse expensive than the local cars but comparing to mit don't really think so btw i use to drive fiat 16v turbo coupe & toyota celica 4th/5th gen blind 2.0 turbo was good however i drive hyundai coupe rd2 now & i love it actually is the best looking & overal performance just good for daily use. get a coupe & wecome to the club

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Wow. From a forced induction coupe to a naturally aspirated coupe. :beer:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
the entire package looks nice, alang, is that your car?

PS: The GT Wing looks fit nicely

alangbudi

Known Member
Jun 10, 2006
nope, dun wan to part with mine yet, but if have budget sure grab this one and put in 4g93, heheh, in dream sure can, dun have to pay...

alexv6

Nov 17, 2006
www.avantegarde.com.my
bro... my once is 2.0cc, 2.7 V6 only got two unit in m'sia n
last time is own by simedarby hyundai director... now i starter do bolt
on turbo project to my babe.....

Hamiksu

Apr 28, 2008

Want to ask the front 4 tube connect to engine is rusty, is it expensive to change this? I'm considering to buy this Coupe RD1 but once the engine is started it is really noisy.

jdr1786

Known Member
Dec 9, 2008
kuala lumpur
dude i don't think the extractor if your talking about wld be expensive u can get it done in almost any exhaust shop around. & beside is sports noise then it's fun i guess.

Hamiksu

Apr 28, 2008
Guys, if anyone knows Hyundai Coupe 96-98 for sale, kindly contact me. I'm looking for 1. Thanks

rexysky

Sep 15, 2008
Try mudah.com or motortrader....
I found mine in star-classified....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

looking for absorbers for nissan sunny or langley
my car either both but parts are usually identical

need one that can be adjustable soft hard and height

anyone got any suggestion on what brand of absorber are producing these ?
price and where to get ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience