Carbon Fibre; How to Hide it?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Erm.. no. Most cars have the air flow go down to the bottom of the car, not upwards. Heat will follow air flow. If your car idle then that's a different story but how often is your car going to be stationary? Hence side fender vents lor.
And also the fan. When u open ur car door, first thing u feel is heat wave on your legs.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Make sure water is drained off properly, not just open some slits on top....:biggrin:
Later open slits where the sparkplugs is. :rofl:

Hi guys. sorry, had to pindah. very busy week. Still talking about hoods so good lah dbkl tak kacau :rofl:
Still related ma :biggrin:

If you look at the Evo and Scooby, the vents and scoops are all at strategic locations, scooby scoop goes to the intercooler, the evo vents are at the sides, the one at the front (Scoop) goes into an air intake.

So basically you need to vent at areas that won't expose your hot bits to the weather. Imagine a smoking hot exhaust manifold suddenly getting instant cooling from cold rain. Guarantee cracked manifold. And as what stupidcar has said - electrical bits that aren't supposed to get wet much less soaked should be protected, if vented then "woohoo"..

Pros and cons lor.

Erm.. no. Most cars have the air flow go down to the bottom of the car, not upwards. Heat will follow air flow. If your car idle then that's a different story but how often is your car going to be stationary? Hence side fender vents lor.
Okay, that's sounds logically true. Learn something new today. So having a custom fender gills would be good then/

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Make sure water is drained off properly, not just open some slits on top....:biggrin:
I think if heavy rain, water will get inside also.

Hi guys. sorry, had to pindah. very busy week. Still talking about hoods so good lah dbkl tak kacau :rofl:
Respect you as TS so we all din't stray from topic. :biggrin:

Water will kena your coil packs. Bom bam.
Sounds dangerous.

If you look at the Evo and Scooby, the vents and scoops are all at strategic locations, scooby scoop goes to the intercooler, the evo vents are at the sides, the one at the front (Scoop) goes into an air intake.

So basically you need to vent at areas that won't expose your hot bits to the weather. Imagine a smoking hot exhaust manifold suddenly getting instant cooling from cold rain. Guarantee cracked manifold. And as what stupidcar has said - electrical bits that aren't supposed to get wet much less soaked should be protected, if vented then "woohoo"..

Pros and cons lor.

I thought newer Evo like 8 and 9 have a large vent on the middle?

So, I think it is better to get a hood that is manufactured by a renown manufacturer where they actually tested its capabilities and reliability so that everything works well and harmoniously? Or just get one from cars with OEM vented hoods if it fits.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
i was previously using evo hood on my perdana, the right side of the vent was located just on top of my fuse box, but so far nothing happened to it, no water seeping thru.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I thought newer Evo like 8 and 9 have a large vent on the middle?

So, I think it is better to get a hood that is manufactured by a renown manufacturer where they actually tested its capabilities and reliability so that everything works well and harmoniously? Or just get one from cars with OEM vented hoods if it fits.
You don't understand, all that matters is where the water flows to. The stock evos were all top intercooler mounted. People modify to front mounted. So the original design was the gaping hole to cool the TMIC.

i was previously using evo hood on my perdana, the right side of the vent was located just on top of my fuse box, but so far nothing happened to it, no water seeping thru.
Aiya, you want something to happen open the fuse box and don't cover it. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Using one not meant for your car...ha! ha!
Yah! as bro. Izso mentioned it has not gone thru the covered fuse box but it is best not to have water running over it anyway.... :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Perdana hood not longer than Evo hood?

You don't understand, all that matters is where the water flows to. The stock evos were all top intercooler mounted. People modify to front mounted. So the original design was the gaping hole to cool the TMIC.

Aiya, you want something to happen open the fuse box and don't cover it. :biggrin:
Er, I think the intercooler in stock Evo are all front mounted if you look at official Mitsubishi pictures... No offence..

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Eh? Front one la. Just small only. You confused Subie is top

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Eh? Front one la. Just small only. You confused Subie is top
Not small already. Consider quite big compared to many stock OEM intercoolers. 4G63T got top mounted intercooler also but that is on RVR and Airtrek Turbo.

Yup, Is the Suburuuuu.......:biggrin:
It's a signature for Subaru already for their top mounted intercooler and air scoop.

But recent new models like the latest Forester Turbo had a top mounted intercooler but the hood is flat without air scoop. Seems rather inefficient? :hmmmm:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Perdana hood not longer than Evo hood?

Er, I think the intercooler in stock Evo are all front mounted if you look at official Mitsubishi pictures... No offence..

during that time I was the only one with evo hood on perdana, there were none at the market yet, they had to rivet the fibre evo hood onto my OEM perdana hood & cover the extra area with fibre, it was damn heavy. but no choice mau evo hood ma:thefinger:

---------- Post added 06-10-2014 at 12:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 06-09-2014 at 11:59 PM ----------

Not small already. Consider quite big compared to many stock OEM intercoolers. 4G63T got top mounted intercooler also but that is on RVR and Airtrek Turbo.

It's a signature for Subaru already for their top mounted intercooler and air scoop.

But recent new models like the latest Forester Turbo had a top mounted intercooler but the hood is flat without air scoop. Seems rather inefficient? :hmmmm:
the only mitsu top mount IC was the Mitsu RVR 4G63T non RS version, the RS version was front mounted.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
during that time I was the only one with evo hood on perdana, there were none at the market yet, they had to rivet the fibre evo hood onto my OEM perdana hood & cover the extra area with fibre, it was damn heavy. but no choice mau evo hood ma:thefinger:
Oh! yours just the skin saja......:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Oh ok. Aku salah! Then I have no idea. Need to see what it is venting.

And stop finishing your sentence with "no offence" la. We're all discussing and talking like adults here. Nothing to be offended about and the whole "no offence" thing is getting tiring.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Mira also top mounted intercooler and got air scoop :laugh:

And stop finishing your sentence with "no offence" la. We're all discussing and talking like adults here. Nothing to be offended about and the whole "no offence" thing is getting tiring.
He is being humble and afraid might offended anyone ma haha! But you got a point. :laugh:

No offence. :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Trying not to sound cocky or too knowledgeable. Want to stay low because I'm nothing compared to big sifus over here. Besides, no matter what also, you are still the elder one in terms of age and experience.

Mira also top mounted intercooler and got air scoop :laugh:

He is being humble and afraid might offended anyone ma haha! But you got a point. :laugh:

No offence. :biggrin:
Mira that one very small. Size like ipad only. :rofl:

Yeah lor, that time accidentally write wrong about you and got me scared already. I don't want act like expert and become keyboard warrior also.

Renesis u can just boom unker Izso one.
Don't want him get angry ma.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Trying not to sound cocky or too knowledgeable. Want to stay low because I'm nothing compared to big sifus over here. Besides, no matter what also, you are still the elder one in terms of age and experience.

Mira that one very small. Size like ipad only. :rofl:

Yeah lor, that time accidentally write wrong about you and got me scared already. I don't want act like expert and become keyboard warrior also.

Don't want him get angry ma.
My bad then that caused the no offence word to come out :rofl:
Elder one is still Vr2turbo :rofl:

Small turbo, Small car so small intercooler. Radiator also small ma. :biggrin:

Aiya, what has passed is past. Time to drop it bro :rofl:
Back to CF hood vented hood topic. Later izso screw me for diverting you guys pula :rofl:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My bad then that caused the no offence word to come out :rofl:
Elder one is still Vr2turbo :rofl:

Small turbo, Small car so small intercooler. Radiator also small ma. :biggrin:

Aiya, what has passed is past. Time to drop it bro :rofl:
Back to CF hood vented hood topic. Later izso screw me for diverting you guys pula :rofl:
Then you no offense to him loh.....hahahhaha:biggrin:

What else can do for the CF hood?:hmmmm:
You all Dip kaki, so dip is best....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys...im driving a toyota ae111 or known as SEG with engine 4afe stock.
recently i found out that my car is hard to start when its hot...
like i part at convenient store to buy stuff,then when wanna back home,hard to start...
i already change the distributor,new plug cable and spark plug edi...
and somemore run diagnos to check got sensor broken anot...
and the problem is still there...can some1 tell me what is the problem?
when its hard to start, i can smell petrol smell... :(
i...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience