Mythbuster/Does-it-work? Headlamp cleaning - the conventional way?

spwn

Jun 8, 2006
did anyone try brake fluid? surprisingly there has been many people say this works. havent tried on mine yet though...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
ok izso... i am buying u lunch for this... since breakfast is already for the brakes...

:biggrin:
Uh.. this one you do yourself. Too much effort :P

did anyone try brake fluid? surprisingly there has been many people say this works. havent tried on mine yet though...
Drexchan said it works for him. But I'm a little hesitant to try as it can seriously ruin your paint job if accidentally dripped / dropped / wiped on.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
aiyoh..for better result by using toothpaste...i think we gotta use oral B, colgate, those which are recommended by dentist worldwide :biggrin: nice job!

civic EdGe

Known Member
Jul 27, 2006
Guys, actually I have tried restoring my yellowish headlamps before... But the problem is, the yellowing always comes back after a few months or so... I tried to protect the lamps with car wax, but still it did not prevent further yellowing, maybe slowing the process, I guess.. After searching through the Web, found these few products that seems to give an "extra hard coating" after the restoration process (with exception to Meguiar's one of course, which needs to be applied regularly, as stated). Have any of you tried any of the products below?
Headlight Protectant - Meguiars Malaysia
GlassyLite ™ - Premium Headlight Restoration Treatment
Welcome to Crystalite

Thanks guys. Any feedback is appreciated.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Guys, actually I have tried restoring my yellowish headlamps before... But the problem is, the yellowing always comes back after a few months or so... I tried to protect the lamps with car wax, but still it did not prevent further yellowing, maybe slowing the process, I guess.. After searching through the Web, found these few products that seems to give an "extra hard coating" after the restoration process (with exception to Meguiar's one of course, which needs to be applied regularly, as stated). Have any of you tried any of the products below?
Headlight Protectant - Meguiars Malaysia
GlassyLite ™ - Premium Headlight Restoration Treatment
Welcome to Crystalite

Thanks guys. Any feedback is appreciated.
I haven't personally tried any of these. But the one Fishbonezken applied for me was from GZox. He had two bottles, one had completely crystallized because it wasn't kept tightly closed (solid rock hard glass crystals) and the other one was still liquid.

So if your question whether it'll last, hell yes. But whether these other brands are any good in comparison - no idea

fishbonezken

Feb 13, 2006
Anyone who is further interested in professional headlight restoration can read my new write-up here:

My Journey into Headlight Restoration | Wet Shine – Malaysia's Premier Auto Detailing Blog, Reviews, Tests, Details, Articles, Events

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

I haven't personally tried any of these. But the one Fishbonezken applied for me was from GZox. He had two bottles, one had completely crystallized because it wasn't kept tightly closed (solid rock hard glass crystals) and the other one was still liquid.

So if your question whether it'll last, hell yes. But whether these other brands are any good in comparison - no idea
Bro the one I applied for you was from GTechniq. G'ZOX does not sell their coatings :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is a year 2007 Honda City, with more than 8 years of abuse from mother nature and the intense pollutions from Kuala Lumpur, it was sent for a repaint a few months ago. Custom painted to a black and white theme, the roof, grill and some trim where black while the rest of the car is a pearl white. After a few months of paint curing, we...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience