Auer storms to victory in Race 2 of the JK Racing Asia Series

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

It would appear that pole-to-flag victories was the theme this weekend as Lucas Auer did just that, following in the steps of Sebastian Vettel and Dilantha Malagamuwa, to win Race 2 of the JK Racing Asia Series at the Sepang International Circuit that served as a support race for Formula One.

The Austrian managed to stave off Afiq Yazid and Nabil Jeffri for the win eventhough the duo were matching him for pace throughout the race. Afiq and Nabil were in a dogfight of their own, swapping positions several times before eventually settling on the final spots. Nabil also claimed the fastest lap of the day with a time of 2:11.495.

“It was a good race. The start was very good and on the first lap I had to defend my position twice. The second and third drivers were both really quick and were exactly the same pace. It was a nice race, I could drive consistently and set quick times. The tyres, the car and everything was just really really good. I have to thank my team, they did a good job” said Auer, who drives for the EuroInternational team.

It was a good weekend for Nabil too as as the Malaysian claimed two podium spots, "First of all I’m thankful to the team. They did a great job on the car and the setup. At the end of the day, it was a good race. Two podiums for me this weekend and I think it was a brilliant result."

Race 2 had plenty of action with spins, stalled starts and accidents that mimicked the headlining Formula One race later in the day.

The series is sponsored by JK Tyre & Industries, a company that has established a strong foundation for motorsport development in India and is now looking to expand its racing expertise to the rest of the region. Leading low-cost air liner, Air Asia, is also supporting the series to expand and develop youth in motorsports.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear sifus,

Does anybody know where to get a nos purge kit... but idont want to use nitrous, use CO2 instead.. or other DIY ways?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience