Noticable difference using bodykits

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
During the older days, Forester is more leaned towards performance... Today it felt like more towards utility. I don't think it still shares similar parts and platform with Impreza anymore...

Anyway, the idea of a new Forester STI seems weird to me because it uses a CVT gearbox. Like what pomen GTR mentioned earlier, the new crossover platform is XV which is derived from the Impreza. Wouldn't it makes more sense to make the XV into a full fledged STI car along with a 6 speed manual transmission? Of course, with added bodykits as well (I wrote this just to comply with this thread topic :biggrin:)

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
During the older days, Forester is more leaned towards performance... Today it felt like more towards utility. I don't think it still shares similar parts and platform with Impreza anymore...

Anyway, the idea of a new Forester STI seems weird to me because it uses a CVT gearbox. Like what pomen GTR mentioned earlier, the new crossover platform is XV which is derived from the Impreza. Wouldn't it makes more sense to make the XV into a full fledged STI car along with a 6 speed manual transmission? Of course, with added bodykits as well (I wrote this just to comply with this thread topic :biggrin:)
they were testing the new engine fa20dit maaa....still worry if using 6mt maybe.....only the latest impreza sti still runs on usual ej257 turbo engine and manual box.....while the impreza wrx,new forester,xv runs on fa20 direct injection engine.... (including brz/ft86 which joined by the xv that missing the snail)...

XV without bodykit also cun weh....plus the weird love-hate rim design....if slammed down properly... fuhhhh... :nurse:

reminds me the ver10 impreza hatchback :driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
they were testing the new engine fa20dit maaa....still worry if using 6mt maybe.....only the latest impreza sti still runs on usual ej257 turbo engine and manual box.....while the impreza wrx,new forester,xv runs on fa20 direct injection engine.... (including brz/ft86 which joined by the xv that missing the snail)...

XV without bodykit also cun weh....plus the weird love-hate rim design....if slammed down properly... fuhhhh... :nurse:

reminds me the ver10 impreza hatchback :driver:
No need to lower XV. I think in overseas, they have another Impreza hatchback variant which looked like the XV but lower.

Only the JDM version of WRX STI still uses the same 2 litre boxer like the previous one. Other markets are all using the 2.5 litre EJ25. I don't know why. I still prefer the 2 litre version with higher hp output, lower displacement and 8000rpm redline.

Speaking about BRZ, it is also a good thing if they come up with a STI version of that. Something with 300hp, 4WD along with the signature Subaru front air scoop. Probably can be called as a worthy successor to the old GC8 coupe.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Only the JDM version of WRX STI still uses the same 2 litre boxer like the previous one. Other markets are all using the 2.5 litre EJ25. I don't know why. I still prefer the 2 litre version with higher hp output, lower displacement and 8000rpm redline.

Bigger engine should give better torque at low-midrange rpm.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Bigger engine should give better torque at low-midrange rpm.
But it also means less rev happy compared to the one with smaller displacement... I've read before at Option magazine that the tuners in Japan prefers EJ20 over EJ25. Not so sure about their reason though...

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
But it also means less rev happy compared to the one with smaller displacement... I've read before at Option magazine that the tuners in Japan prefers EJ20 over EJ25. Not so sure about their reason though...
Maybe because higher hp output, lower displacement and 8000rpm redline? :biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
For street cars, low-mid rpm torque is more important than high rev max power.

As far as I know is Engine design. Longer stroke engine better torque, Short stroke better high end as easier to rev fast....:driver:
Yes that too but displacement is a major factor.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
For street cars, low-mid rpm torque is more important than high rev max power.

Yes that too but displacement is a major factor.
Displacement is mostly power dy, but then there is still body weight, gear ratio and so on....:smokin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Back to bodykit efficiency or whether it benefits the users...I think some custom design base on customer's preference might not have a very good aerodynamic.

What if bodykits were created by AirMaster Bodykit, Impul Bodykit, Nismo, TRD and etcs? I think those are at least tested?
Usually we would feel that some are basically for cosmetics. For me I think cosmetics, some custom bodykits are not tested. And some have their own design base on what they know about aerodynamics.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Impul,Nismo,TRD,and R3 are installed on manufacturer average everyday car.TRD vios,Impul Almera are some of the example.with or without their suspension package the bodykit are all for show,no go.

The vios will remain as vios with shabby handling as usual,same with the Almera.The speed these vehicle travel just does not justify the bodykit.

high speed stability will need the properly researched kit like rear wing and splitte...above all it need high speed to function.

The car needs to be driven fast enough for the kit to have effect.
or,one can install a wing with ridiculus angle to have effect at low speed.high fc and wear and tear will follow.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Back to bodykit efficiency or whether it benefits the users...I think some custom design base on customer's preference might not have a very good aerodynamic.

What if bodykits were created by AirMaster Bodykit, Impul Bodykit, Nismo, TRD and etcs? I think those are at least tested?
Usually we would feel that some are basically for cosmetics. For me I think cosmetics, some custom bodykits are not tested. And some have their own design base on what they know about aerodynamics.
Somehow, even the bodykit are from Airmaster, Impuls, NISMO, TRD as mentioned by SupraFanatic.........but how many dare to claim and prove in black and white of what their bodykits could do?

other cap ayam bodykit......I would have more doubts about them

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Somehow, even the bodykit are from Airmaster, Impuls, NISMO, TRD as mentioned by SupraFanatic.........but how many dare to claim and prove in black and white of what their bodykits could do?

Perhaps these OEM bodykits do make some difference in aerodynamics. Take not of what i said, some difference. Which I think is probably negligible because of such little difference it makes compared to stock bodyparts.

Anyway, looking at these cars like Nismo Almera, TRD Vios, Ralliart Mirage and so on.... You're not going to corner like there is no tomorrow and race all out in them are you? Senior members here do know that these cars aren't designed to be performance oriented to begin with. So, since you're not really going that fast in these cars, do aerodynamics really matter? Might as well invest in something that really gives out more realistic gain in handling/stability like sports suspension, lightweight rims, better tyres.... :biggrin:

No offence intended here.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Guess the tuning arm nowadays are just some bodykit manufacturer and no longer properly focussed on performance tuning.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Guess the tuning arm nowadays are just some bodykit manufacturer and no longer properly focussed on performance tuning.
Nope. I think they are still serious in their home country. Nismo still helps to make the R35 Nismo GT-R. TRD still produce the supercharger kit for Mark X at Japan.

More like our market and the surrounding South East Asia market got sub standard products from them.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
partly to blame......are the ill-informed Malaysian consumers than easily conned...Chicken or egg story.

Some bodykits (esp. local made cheapo ones) are like keropok. Bump into a kerb, or a hump........they will crack, or ripped open....
They are road hazards too.

No offence here oso....

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Exactly, more over made for vois does not means works for altis, or made for almera not for other nissan models....heh! heh!:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
partly to blame......are the ill-informed Malaysian consumers than easily conned...Chicken or egg story.

Some bodykits (esp. local made cheapo ones) are like keropok. Bump into a kerb, or a hump........they will crack, or ripped open....
They are road hazards too.

No offence here oso....
From what I've noticed among people that I've encountered locally especially those in younger generations, they matter more about external looks rather than performance itself. I've had friends telling things like this and that bodykit looks nice and sporty but when I tell them that it doesn't increase performance, they replied me with things like as long as it looks nice is enough. One even said, performance parts are useless because other people can't see it. If you dress up your car, others can see it. This is the kind of mentality nowadays. :banghead:

It is only natural that manufacturers came out with bodykits without any performance parts because that is the demand of our local market. I mean, ask any non car guy youngsters nowadays... Let's say for example, if you can pay 4k for a full set of IMPUL exhaust system or 4k for a full IMPUL bodykit, I'm sure many would choose bodykit over exhaust system.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Well, going for bodykits are fine.......but go for good ones...reputable ones, at least with good fittings.
Even bodykits I hear like TRD aren't exactly from Japan. The Vios TRD kits are designed and made from Tomyum land....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Aston Martin and Wearnes today has officiated the opening of their Kuala Lumpur showroom, located at the heart of the Golden Triangle. The 5-car showroom is surrounded by prestigious landmarks such as the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Kuala Lumpur and the iconic Petronas Twin Towers.

Wearnes Automotive is a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience