GSR, 4g93T, Evo. What's the difference.

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Guys, I love turbo cars so i'm planning to turbo my CPS in a few year time. But, right now i'm just researching all the options and ways I can mod my car in the future.

I have a tonne of questions but this is the main one.

What's the difference between 4g93T, 4g63T, GSR and EVO 3 engine?

People usually go for GSR as it is said to be the most powerful. But will it be better if I just turbo my original engine? Less hassel with JPJ endorsement and such i assume? Any reliability issues ???
My aim just to add a little more oomph to my CPS. The 'power to handling ratio'now isn't really ideal IMO. :driver:

Anyone care to answer my question pls?

Fell free to give your suggestions and opinions too. Thanks! :adore:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
4g63T all come from vr4,eclipse,evo1,evo2,evo3,evo4,evo5,evo6,rvr etc etc etc

displacement is 2,0 confirm nowadays cannot pass puspakom/jpj inspection

gsr is 4g93T..displacement was 1.8..can pass puspakom/jpj inspection....

in order to fit in neo (legal/illegal) for 4g63T u need evo4 engine and newer (cannot fit evo3,2,,vr4 engine due to diff. mounting arrangment)

same case with gsr.u need gsr engine from CK chasis...cannot use from earlier model...(thats only for wira/satria and similiar proton chasis)

mant53

Jul 1, 2009
u can bolt turbo on ur current engine.. but u're internal parts are not designed for forced induction... need to think of u're car's computer... u can't use u're current ecu..

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Pomen GTR, so that means if I want to transplant a mitsu engine must use GSR 1.8 from CK chasis? (btw, what is CK?? )

Mant53. If i turbo my current campro I will upgrade the pistons, conrods, fuel regulator etc also. Plus, sure need a piggyback lo.

Any idea about camproTurbo fuel consumption???? Coz i heard GSR turbo FC is quite bad.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Pomen GTR, so that means if I want to transplant a mitsu engine must use GSR 1.8 from CK chasis? (btw, what is CK?? )

Mant53. If i turbo my current campro I will upgrade the pistons, conrods, fuel regulator etc also. Plus, sure need a piggyback lo.

Any idea about camproTurbo fuel consumption???? Coz i heard GSR turbo FC is quite bad.
i think cost wise and more importantly reliability wise the GSR CK engine is your best bet
the cost of turboing a campro and to make it as reliable as a GSR would definitely exceed the GSR cost
the only downside of using the GSR CK engine to me would be the increased roadtax from 1.6 to 1.8 but thats about it
just my 2 cents :rolleyes:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

ck is the chasis code for gsr terbalik that suitable for gen2/persona/neo/exora chasis...like older mirage mivec chasis code was CA that suitable to wira type chasis...and later mivec terbalik chasis code was CJ

like evo diff version oso diff chasis code... ce,ct (and lots more i don't really know all of it) :adore:

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I see, thank you PomenGTR for the info. Kumar, road tax from 1.6 to 1.8 minor difference only no problem i guess. As long as JPJ can legally endorse and don't need to drive around like a criminal. Hide here hide there from police roadblocks.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
I see, thank you PomenGTR for the info. Kumar, road tax from 1.6 to 1.8 minor difference only no problem i guess. As long as JPJ can legally endorse and don't need to drive around like a criminal. Hide here hide there from police roadblocks.
from 1.6 to 1.8 i think shouldnt be a problem i guess thats the reason GSR prices are high coz the authorities cant disturb you about it unlike using EVO's :banghead:

benjoooe

From Facebook
Mar 13, 2011
www.facebook.com
neo have 3 engine mounting while GSR CK got 4.. so to put gsr in neo chassis need some modification at the mounting.. afraid JPJ/puspakom cannot approve.

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
its been done and proved la. there are many waja/neo/blm/gen2/persona out there already running legally with GSR CK.

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Check this out..... Gen2 255whp on wheel...... That's more than enough. And the thing is campro turbo no JPJ hassel involved.... and the workmanship looks very professinal also. Daym!!! I can't wait for the day i turbo my Neo CPS!!!

Proton Gen2 CPS Super Monster 255hp On Wheel !!!! | Gen2net
i wonder if there's any evidence that it is really 255whp. and is there any current updates about it?
if its really 255whp..bare mind, the cost is not as friendly as it is.

dont get too excited or too anxious about the quotes..i feel that it was some like exaggerated
try to think about total solution rather than going for the cheapest option and so called 'less jpj hassle'.

p/s: jpj is not the hassle. the real deal is puspakom.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
aku dah call brother xenon aritu tanye pasal bot campro nih.kalau nk dpt hasil mcm keta abg syed nih si xenon tue ckp budget dlm rm30k.terkedu aku dgr time tue…huhu.standard bot dlm rm6k dah ok dah tapi tak termasuk management..

this is 1 of the comments from Proton Gen2 CPS Super Monster 255hp On Wheel !!!! | Gen2net

with 30k, u can easily get more than 300whp on gsr terbalik ade..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
255whp...but if running on dynojet sure the value would be different on dyno dynamic :adore:

but the cost alone to achieve that maybe already can transplant 2engine... :biggrin:

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If I go for campro turbo I would most probably upgrade till stage 2 only. Maybe about 10k+ RM That would ge me around 200HP or a little more which is good enough. Can reach 250km/h sudah okay. More than that if my car can I also dare not. End of the day is still a Neo chasis.

Nak laju lagi upgrade to Impreza or GTR grrrrr! My dream car :argh: One day I will! For still now considered 'budak'. Enjoy my CPS first. :proud:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

My car is Mazda Lantis Sedan, currently i got 1 pair of spotlight for Mazda Lantis Sedan without bracket.I need help to find a shop that can modified & install this spotlight into my car bumper.Prefered shop location some where in Sunway/Kelana Jaya area.Thanks.

:regular_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience