Proton Campro Jerking at low speed

capyjohn

Feb 1, 2024
So my car Proton Waja had an exhaust leak and been driving with it for 1-2 years, back then i thought it was because of the exhaust leak thats causing jerking at low rpm or acceleration. But few days ago i replace the whole exhaust but the problem is still there. it only happens at 1st and 2nd gear when u try to cruise at low rpm or speed. it is more noticeable during 1st gear. Whenever during jam i have to half clutch or else the car will jerk when i press the accelerator lightly. (some history of the car is that it had been left sitting for 2-3 years during mco and did not start fir 2-3 years. after mco i start the car and it fired right up but the clutch pump was solid and cant push down. took it to the mechanic to change the lower clutch pump and service engine oil, alternator belt and timming belt and been driving it till today.) It would be great if someone can suggest some solutions thank you :)

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Car jerking can be many things from gearing, misfiring from plugs, cable etc. Since you send to mechanic to have it serviced didn't he check the jerking?

Reactions: Izso

capyjohn

Feb 1, 2024
Car jerking can be many things from gearing, misfiring from plugs, cable etc. Since you send to mechanic to have it serviced didn't he check the jerking?
I forgot since that was 2 years ago. But remember it had a misfire code and went to change the spark plugs and fixed the code. But ive always though of the jerking as part of a manual car and didn't realise till i watch youtube videos on how to drive a manual as i though i was driving it wrong. But i will check the spark plugs and send photos here.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Friend's car stolen from Plaza Damas, Hartamas.

Mint condition Japanese spec Mini Cooper (like Mr Bean one lah.. but alot nicer), red body, white roof, black 10" rims.

If spotted, please call/sms me @ 012-2055574.

Thanks!

edit: The car has been missing since as early as 11.30am this morning.. guards saw someone driving the car, ramming the exit barrier. Why the hell didn't they report this to their superiors? Dumb cunts!

So please guys keep on a lookout for a Mini as stated above...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience