Noticable difference using bodykits

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Oh! you always late ah?......:rofl:

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Can fit just taro becomes Wiralution.......:driver::rofl:
Sure can fit but does it have any difference in stability or not like what Izso mentioned earlier regarding the small spoiler in Wira Aeroback.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sure can fit but does it have any difference in stability or not like what Izso mentioned earlier regarding the small spoiler in Wira Aeroback.
You fit aftermarket ones also don't know mah! So if going to fit, just fit loh! but can be added weight for the car.....hhahahahhaha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

What's a taro?
Fit loh!......hhahahhahahaha:rofl:

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Bro you put evo wing, I put GT wing, then we report back on stability issues. :rofl::rofl:

You fit aftermarket ones also don't know mah! So if going to fit, just fit loh! but can be added weight for the car.....hhahahahhaha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Ohhh that taro! In my mind I was thinking yam. :stupid:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Don't want simply fit anything if it doesn't really give any gain in performance. :driver:

Bro you put evo wing, I put GT wing, then we report back on stability issues. :rofl::rofl:

Ohhh that taro! In my mind I was thinking yam. :stupid:
What GT wing you want to put? Carbon fibre ones from Voltex? :biggrin: I won't laugh or mock for sure because CF is expensive. :adore:

Regarding Evo spoiler, last time I park my car and I notice there is round water marks on the rear bonnet. I found out that got people actually used it as a place to put their canned drinks while chatting outdoors. I told my friend that perhaps I should fit Evo spoiler to the car to prevent this. My friend countered back that Evo 3 spoiler looks even more suitable to put cups or tin cans. :banghead: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
What GT wing you want to put? Carbon fibre ones from Voltex? :biggrin: I won't laugh or mock for sure because CF is expensive. :adore:

Regarding Evo spoiler, last time I park my car and I notice there is round water marks on the rear bonnet. I found out that got people actually used it as a place to put their canned drinks while chatting outdoors. I told my friend that perhaps I should fit Evo spoiler to the car to prevent this. My friend countered back that Evo 3 spoiler looks even more suitable to put cups or tin cans. :banghead: :rofl::rofl::rofl:
js Racing carbon! :rofl: Nah just kidding. Carbon one price veeeeeery steep. :slug: No idea yet actually. I actually only want a tiny one. Cute mah! :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Why the hell would anyone want to put the Evo (of old) spoilers on their Wiras? It's :

1. Fugly
2. Makes you like a wannabe dick
3. Heavy

and most importantly it's still bloody expensive to buy even though the design is easily 20 years old. It's kinda like the time when TopGear put that F1 wing on their "racing" van and instead of making it faster, it made it slower. In the end the front splitter was the one that helped it even though it caught fire since it was made of wood.

Personally I know shit about fluid dynamics or aerodynamics. I just know the small spoiler at the back works and the front canards can really stress the joints on your front bumper. Friend had his Putra front bumper break right off in the middle of Sepang and we all suspect it's due to the amount of aero he installed on the front bumper. Ridiculous angles too. I've never seen a bumper do that, break off at the parts that bolt down to the chassis!

Anyway, if I were to get a spoiler I want the AC Schnitzer spoiler which I haven't been able to source since forever. Last time had a person offer a full CF one for RM750.. damn regret never buy.

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Why the hell would anyone want to put the Evo (of old) spoilers on their Wiras? It's :

1. Fugly
3. Heavy

and most importantly it's still bloody expensive to buy even though the design is easily 20 years old. It's kinda like the time when TopGear put that F1 wing on their "racing" van and instead of making it faster, it made it slower. In the end the front splitter was the one that helped it even though it caught fire since it was made of wood.

Personally I know shit about fluid dynamics or aerodynamics. I just know the small spoiler at the back works and the front canards can really stress the joints on your front bumper. Friend had his Putra front bumper break right off in the middle of Sepang and we all suspect it's due to the amount of aero he installed on the front bumper. Ridiculous angles too. I've never seen a bumper do that, break off at the parts that bolt down to the chassis!

Anyway, if I were to get a spoiler I want the AC Schnitzer spoiler which I haven't been able to source since forever. Last time had a person offer a full CF one for RM750.. damn regret never buy.

Can custom made :smile: Show them the photo and they can do it...FRP material :)

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Don't want simply fit anything if it doesn't really give any gain in performance. :driver:
That reminds me of the story my mechanic's customer ask to find the knocking noise when he hit pass 150kph on his Ford Telstar (long ago).
I was at my mechanic so we went for test drive. Mechanic drove, customer front passenger and I was in the back seat. Normal drive all okay so my mechanic took it to the highway for higher speed. At 150kph, really got knocking noise, so as he drove , we started looking out from where the noise is coming from. Definitely was from the rear, so we check back seats and whatever we can. Then later I look out the rear windscreen and saw his spoiler bending in the wind and it was flexing up and down hitting the boot cover. So we found the problem. Spoiler for show only......hahhahahahhaha :rofl::rofl:

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

other purpose of using GT wing is to hang your towel or underwear when u at the beach,
or dry your shoes or air pillows when at home . :biggrin:
Motor cyclist hit from behind can be beheaded......:smokin::rofl:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Rightly said. Reducing drag by reducing turbulence.......Just like the uplifted wing-tip of the modern jetliner's wing. The wing tip has been tested and proven to reduce drag and turbulence.......and save considerable amount of aviation fuel in a year.

Some bodykits I have seen makes the modded car like more like a brick, than a stream-lined vehicles.....yet ppl are still installing them on their ride....:banghead:

There are some honda car that had holes cut to the rear bumper....as to reduce drag and increase vehicle speed. I guess the holes could shave-off miliseconds when they go to work at office everyday.:biggrin:
A curious question guys.... If spoiler from Lancer Evolution 3 or 1/2 is equipped on Wira, will that make any difference for aerodynamics and stability? I do know that Wira's rear boot length is slightly longer than the original Lancer...
Counts, at least miliseconds to be consider as arriving office late :rofl:
That milisecond is very crucial tu jup que or to cilok mah
hahaha, not just reaching office on time, but more importantly reach GF house on the dot...if not, sure kena tarik telinga...:biggrin::biggrin:
Oh! you always late ah?......:rofl:

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Can fit just taro becomes Wiralution.......:driver::rofl:

saw drag car rear spoiler yet?? do rake angle...just pure straight to put the rear turbulence far-far away from affecting the actual car body itself...hence reduce drag....

but....shave miliseconds during late to work..the only real answer is by reducing 4wheels into 2 wheels.. :biggrin: :rofl: not only shaves miliseconds....but probably about half an hour shaved that driving.... :driver:

not only that...

shaves petrol fee

shaves toll fee

shaves parking fee

so u got more money to spend on the beloved cars :biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
saw drag car rear spoiler yet?? do rake angle...just pure straight to put the rear turbulence far-far away from affecting the actual car body itself...hence reduce drag....

but....shave miliseconds during late to work..the only real answer is by reducing 4wheels into 2 wheels.. :biggrin: :rofl: not only shaves miliseconds....but probably about half an hour shaved that driving.... :driver:

not only that...

shaves petrol fee

shaves toll fee

shaves parking fee

so u got more money to spend on the beloved cars :biggrin:
bro, u r right...

....but once riding motorbike, then kennot put bodykit like gt wing oredi...Cannot show-off:bawling:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

1. Fugly
3. Heavy

Evo spoiler has that WRC kind of look. :rofl: But I do agree with you, it is old.

I think I've heard this Putra story from you before. The very same one like the one mentioned here?
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-talk/432401-choice-of-project-car-30.html

That reminds me of the story my mechanic's customer ask to find the knocking noise when he hit pass 150kph on his Ford Telstar (long ago).
I was at my mechanic so we went for test drive. Mechanic drove, customer front passenger and I was in the back seat. Normal drive all okay so my mechanic took it to the highway for higher speed. At 150kph, really got knocking noise, so as he drove , we started looking out from where the noise is coming from. Definitely was from the rear, so we check back seats and whatever we can. Then later I look out the rear windscreen and saw his spoiler bending in the wind and it was flexing up and down hitting the boot cover. So we found the problem. Spoiler for show only......hahhahahahhaha :rofl::rofl:

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Motor cyclist hit from behind can be beheaded......:smokin::rofl:
Too much downforce until it bends the spoiler. :rofl:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines