Noticable difference using bodykits

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Ah, terrible. Disgrace to the Forester that it din't gain recognition by people. You should have just show your friends the engine. I'm sure anyone can tell that isn't an ordinary engine. With that top mounted intercooler and unique looking intake manifold.

It's a bit disappointing that Forester now had evolved into a full size SUV instead. But I heard that there will be a STI version of the current Forester. Not sure is it launched yet or not. Using the new direct injection FA20 engine....

A lot of Japanese recond cars have dark glasses on the rear. Especially Estima and Alphard/Vellfire. Some of them are totally pitch black.

Legacy wagon too. But Forester is also leaning more towards crossover SUV isn't it?
Well u can go for Legacy Wagon, as SUV nowadays seems to be one of the main favourite for consumers. Not sure why but more and more SUVs already.

Ya, the Gino Rear Bonnet seems to be totally black. To me is more like endangering myself if an unexperienced driver following me and they cant see ahead of me through those dark rear windscreen.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Well u can go for Legacy Wagon, as SUV nowadays seems to be one of the main favourite for consumers. Not sure why but more and more SUVs already.

Ya, the Gino Rear Bonnet seems to be totally black. To me is more like endangering myself if an unexperienced driver following me and they cant see ahead of me through those dark rear windscreen.
Urgh, that kind of high ground clearance for SUV doesn't seem appealing to me. Unless it is for going offroad or over floods. :biggrin: Even better, can park on top of those pedestrian walk if can't find parking. I saw before. I'm not underestimating SUVs here as I know there are monsters in that category as well like Cayenne Turbo, Range Rover Sport, Q7 V12 TDI....

Er, I din't know anything about Gino rear bonnet. You mean it is already black when it came out from factory?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Urgh, that kind of high ground clearance for SUV doesn't seem appealing to me. Unless it is for going offroad or over floods. :biggrin: Even better, can park on top of those pedestrian walk if can't find parking. I saw before. I'm not underestimating SUVs here as I know there are monsters in that category as well like Cayenne Turbo, Range Rover Sport, Q7 V12 TDI....

Er, I din't know anything about Gino rear bonnet. You mean it is already black when it came out from factory?
Looks like it...that's why I asking. It doesnt look like tinted...like the glass itself is black..not sure though...so just wondering...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
forester is considered wagon category, same as caldina.
actually the early forester was meant to be SUV......but the americans call it crossover utility vehicle...and forester do actually compete with CRV,Xtrail and other similar sized suv...heck..even i found out that forester is very close in dimension of nissan xtrail.....

Ah, terrible. Disgrace to the Forester that it din't gain recognition by people. You should have just show your friends the engine. I'm sure anyone can tell that isn't an ordinary engine. With that top mounted intercooler and unique looking intake manifold.

It's a bit disappointing that Forester now had evolved into a full size SUV instead. But I heard that there will be a STI version of the current Forester. Not sure is it launched yet or not. Using the new direct injection FA20 engine....

A lot of Japanese recond cars have dark glasses on the rear. Especially Estima and Alphard/Vellfire. Some of them are totally pitch black.

Legacy wagon too. But Forester is also leaning more towards crossover SUV isn't it?

actually those that give funny comments on forester was ordinary people that didnt even really bother with cars detail.....

but most of my other friend sure really insterested on the foz...because subaru badge maa.... :driver:

Looks like it...that's why I asking. It doesnt look like tinted...like the glass itself is black..not sure though...so just wondering...

now subaru crossover platform was taken by the new subaru XV ( in us ppl call it impreza crosstek/crosstrek like that)

so forester is totally full size SUV not... and the ride height was fit for SUV..even since the early forester came out..that was the default ride height..just that when people bought it and started swapping parts with impreza it became the low down version that u guys normally saw on the road....

(*the SF5 ckd malaysia was reviewed in local car magazine side by side with volvo 850 wagon and first gen honda crv...which one was wagon..another one is suv...thats put forester exactly in between those two car type :rofl: )

recond/import car was normally brought here with factory standard "privacy glass" which usually range vlt from 33% to as low as 18% ..... in australia their RTD got special clause that those import car with privacy glass WAS LEGAL to use as long as the glass was originally on the car...not using normal tint......

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
At least is legal. Just ridiculous to say is Illegal and cant expect owners to change windscreen or windows...:rofl:

Ah, no wonder those Forester I see all so low like sedan height.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
During the older days, Forester is more leaned towards performance... Today it felt like more towards utility. I don't think it still shares similar parts and platform with Impreza anymore...

Anyway, the idea of a new Forester STI seems weird to me because it uses a CVT gearbox. Like what pomen GTR mentioned earlier, the new crossover platform is XV which is derived from the Impreza. Wouldn't it makes more sense to make the XV into a full fledged STI car along with a 6 speed manual transmission? Of course, with added bodykits as well (I wrote this just to comply with this thread topic :biggrin:)

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
During the older days, Forester is more leaned towards performance... Today it felt like more towards utility. I don't think it still shares similar parts and platform with Impreza anymore...

Anyway, the idea of a new Forester STI seems weird to me because it uses a CVT gearbox. Like what pomen GTR mentioned earlier, the new crossover platform is XV which is derived from the Impreza. Wouldn't it makes more sense to make the XV into a full fledged STI car along with a 6 speed manual transmission? Of course, with added bodykits as well (I wrote this just to comply with this thread topic :biggrin:)
they were testing the new engine fa20dit maaa....still worry if using 6mt maybe.....only the latest impreza sti still runs on usual ej257 turbo engine and manual box.....while the impreza wrx,new forester,xv runs on fa20 direct injection engine.... (including brz/ft86 which joined by the xv that missing the snail)...

XV without bodykit also cun weh....plus the weird love-hate rim design....if slammed down properly... fuhhhh... :nurse:

reminds me the ver10 impreza hatchback :driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
they were testing the new engine fa20dit maaa....still worry if using 6mt maybe.....only the latest impreza sti still runs on usual ej257 turbo engine and manual box.....while the impreza wrx,new forester,xv runs on fa20 direct injection engine.... (including brz/ft86 which joined by the xv that missing the snail)...

XV without bodykit also cun weh....plus the weird love-hate rim design....if slammed down properly... fuhhhh... :nurse:

reminds me the ver10 impreza hatchback :driver:
No need to lower XV. I think in overseas, they have another Impreza hatchback variant which looked like the XV but lower.

Only the JDM version of WRX STI still uses the same 2 litre boxer like the previous one. Other markets are all using the 2.5 litre EJ25. I don't know why. I still prefer the 2 litre version with higher hp output, lower displacement and 8000rpm redline.

Speaking about BRZ, it is also a good thing if they come up with a STI version of that. Something with 300hp, 4WD along with the signature Subaru front air scoop. Probably can be called as a worthy successor to the old GC8 coupe.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Only the JDM version of WRX STI still uses the same 2 litre boxer like the previous one. Other markets are all using the 2.5 litre EJ25. I don't know why. I still prefer the 2 litre version with higher hp output, lower displacement and 8000rpm redline.

Bigger engine should give better torque at low-midrange rpm.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Bigger engine should give better torque at low-midrange rpm.
But it also means less rev happy compared to the one with smaller displacement... I've read before at Option magazine that the tuners in Japan prefers EJ20 over EJ25. Not so sure about their reason though...

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
But it also means less rev happy compared to the one with smaller displacement... I've read before at Option magazine that the tuners in Japan prefers EJ20 over EJ25. Not so sure about their reason though...
Maybe because higher hp output, lower displacement and 8000rpm redline? :biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
For street cars, low-mid rpm torque is more important than high rev max power.

As far as I know is Engine design. Longer stroke engine better torque, Short stroke better high end as easier to rev fast....:driver:
Yes that too but displacement is a major factor.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
For street cars, low-mid rpm torque is more important than high rev max power.

Yes that too but displacement is a major factor.
Displacement is mostly power dy, but then there is still body weight, gear ratio and so on....:smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Going to get a mini soon..

Please give me some suggestion if getting a manual or auto transmission better as im ok with both. As it is a classic, will auto bring more problems?

I'm from JB..

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience