BMW F10 alien Coating- The detailien Difference

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Got a call from the owner of an F10 which we coated a few months ago.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-detailing-forums/411716-brand-new-f10-bmw-deliver-with-etched-water-spots-damaged-restored-and-opti-coat-pr.html

He just had his front bumper resprayed wanted to get it re-coated to protect it from the harsh Malaysian environment like the rest of the car. I told him to wait 1-2 months to ensure the paint was fully cured and scheduled an appointment to get the front bumper attended to.

All taped up and ready to go...

A halogen shot of the coated front hood. Still looks good!

The same can't be said for the recently resprayed front bumper. After only 2 months, some noticeable swirls on the new paint.

Corrected with the Optimum MF Polishing pad with Optimum Hyper Polish and the Flex3401VRG.

I explained to the owner that it would be quite easy to just clean the surface and apply the coating but that would defeat the purpose of the coating as the surface below would still have paint defects even though it is protected by the coating on top. The idea is to ensure the paint is fully corrected and then only coated to preserve and protect the corrected paint.

All ready for coating.

Done...

Nice, well defined reflection where the number plate is attached.

Cost to owner: $0.
Owner satisfaction: Priceless....

The detailien Difference.

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
Got a call from the owner of an F10 which we coated a few months ago.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-detailing-forums/411716-brand-new-f10-bmw-deliver-with-etched-water-spots-damaged-restored-and-opti-coat-pr.html

He just had his front bumper resprayed wanted to get it re-coated to protect it from the harsh Malaysian environment like the rest of the car. I told him to wait 1-2 months to ensure the paint was fully cured and scheduled an appointment to get the front bumper attended to.

All taped up and ready to go...

A halogen shot of the coated front hood. Still looks good!

The same can't be said for the recently resprayed front bumper. After only 2 months, some noticeable swirls on the new paint.

Corrected with the Optimum MF Polishing pad with Optimum Hyper Polish and the Flex3401VRG.

I explained to the owner that it would be quite easy to just clean the surface and apply the coating but that would defeat the purpose of the coating as the surface below would still have paint defects even though it is protected by the coating on top. The idea is to ensure the paint is fully corrected and then only coated to preserve and protect the corrected paint.

All ready for coating.

Done...

Nice, well defined reflection where the number plate is attached.

Cost to owner: $0.
Owner satisfaction: Priceless....

The detailien Difference.
thanks for showing the right way

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm looking for a lip for my air intake system.
Pls take a look at the attached pix below & kindly advice if there's a shop that could custom make the particular parts.

I don't really mind the what they use to make it as long that it's durable. Plastic, metal, rubber all accepted.
Preferring metal but those kind won't get rusted(painted black would do).
Heat resist is a must, I know that it's for cold air intake but when the car is parked, the inner heat is really hot.
Normal engine heat is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience