Any Difference Between SG and MY Satria Neo?

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
I am just wondering since it comes from same manufacturing plant, by right should be the same right?

I am just curious. Cause heard that MY Satria Neo is superior compared to other countries, got more power, better quality. So I was like a little sad..... I paid so much for my Neo (bought a 2nd hand Neo for SGD 37K, thats around RM94K) and its not as good compared to MY one... :(

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Don't worry you got a superior car. Because most exported proton models are superior especially on its safety rating and quality of parts. Malaysia does not give shit on safety (i mean it is not a legislated thing) of cars. Airbag is not mandatory. Design need not be pedestrian safe. Cars are allowed to have tin can like hardness and rigidity. These are all regulated in more advanced countries so I believe you got a good car.

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
think export models have good QC before exporting whereas local ones doesnt have such stringent QC hence yours should rightfully be better...

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
Don't worry you got a superior car. Because most exported proton models are superior especially on its safety rating and quality of parts. Malaysia does not give shit on safety (i mean it is not a legislated thing) of cars. Airbag is not mandatory. Design need not be pedestrian safe. Cars are allowed to have tin can like hardness and rigidity. These are all regulated in more advanced countries so I believe you got a good car.
Talking about air bag..... I actually hate air bag cause it adds weight!! I am thinking of removing the airbags in the car.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Talking about air bag..... I actually hate air bag cause it adds weight!! I am thinking of removing the airbags in the car.
The car is almost identical. And dude, seriously? Removing the air bags? How many kg are they? First of all, what is your weight and your height? Removing air bags would not give you extra 1 secs off the 0-100 time la. It is meant to save the lives of hot running bloods like you.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Dude escksu, you wanna save weight, remove the rear seats not the airbag. Empty the boot of the spare tyre and use temporary flat-o-fix type of canisters. Then switch to CF front seats, change to a CF hood and doors (forget about the fenders, same weight), strip out al bitumen soundproofing and takeout the carpeting, then finally switch to lightweight rims - conlanfirm your car will be lighter and nimbler.

lefties

Sep 16, 2009
penang
comparing those 2 won't get an different...it's totally same spec I believed....unless the car is for Euro or GCC market...the spec requirement is different......of course I'm talking about Proton car :biggrin:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
comparing those 2 won't get an different...it's totally same spec I believed....unless the car is for Euro or GCC market...the spec requirement is different......of course I'm talking about Proton car :biggrin:
Yeah, just more accessories! Euro or GCC also from Malaysia factory ma.
Proton only has factories in Msia right?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Dude escksu, you wanna save weight, remove the rear seats not the airbag. Empty the boot of the spare tyre and use temporary flat-o-fix type of canisters. Then switch to CF front seats, change to a CF hood and doors (forget about the fenders, same weight), strip out al bitumen soundproofing and takeout the carpeting, then finally switch to lightweight rims - conlanfirm your car will be lighter and nimbler.
must loose weight too...be as skinny as hell:rofl:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I don't know what you want. You want everything. We already told you that Sg model is better in terms or equipment and safety, then you said you want to remove the airbag. You want something superior but eventually you downgrade it???

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Well actually...you paid RM94k for a Satria Neo from Singapore. I believe that doesn't include COE, does it? No matter how great the accessories in the SG Neo, it is overpriced if you compare to Neo in Malaysia, even if it is Neo R3. But first thing first i.e. do you have the permission to buy or drive a Malaysia registered car? (I assume that you are a Singaporean, or a PR). If no, there isn't really much you can do about it, is it? So just live with it and now that you have a Malaysian car, you can find performance parts or spare parts easier and cheaper in Malaysia. Good luck.

lefties

Sep 16, 2009
penang
yeah...proton only have plant in Malaysia lol....all proton export car was assembled in Malaysia plant also......

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

SG Neo should be about the same as MY ones, right? unless is meant for EU....
yeap....it's totally the same...same spec..... different price:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear Guys

Both front wheel nut of my halfcut is special nut but unfortunately i dont have the special tool to unlock it. Anyone any idea what available tool on the market to unlock the nut?:confused:

Any ideas are most welcome. Thanks for viewing my thread.

Rgds
:bawling:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience