Noticable difference using bodykits

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I should experiment that 100 extra bhp look. :slug:
Can...if u dun mind drilling holes onto your rear bonnet just to try haha! Unless intend to have spoiler then u r ready to let it get drilled.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Should be lah.. Not sure if I can sell it out also. But those cap ayam one not very reassuring. :banghead:
Dunno where sell really works mia GT Wing, usually like some said is more for show and no QC mia...
Some after install got lots of rattling noise from the wing...

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Interesting discussion here...before saying whether it works or not, lets look into the things that you would like to achieve. Increase stability or reduce drag? There are many many many bodykits out there that performs differently where one might be better than another in different purpose.

For example, front lip/splitter: Some people might think that by increasing surface area, we are increasing drag. Its not entirely incorrect but lets weigh the benefit it gives. By installing a front splitter or lip, the air going into the car underbody is reduced thus resulting a more stabilized car and also reduce drag. Yes, drag. It is not a flat plat under the car. Air turbulance is everywhere beneath the car and thus giving drag and pressure build up which result in lesser downforce.

Many aftermarket body kits (or even ori from factory) are not tested in wind tunnel. Why? If they can afford to test it in wind tunnel, it would cost you a planet. Reputable manufacturers would probably do computational fluid dynamics to design their products, while ciplak ones might just go for the looks.

Another good example is a spoiler. Not all spoilers are to increase downforce. Some are to reduce drag. If you guys notice Mitsubishi Mirage, Prius C, Jazz Hybrid...their spoiler design look similar

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Interesting discussion here...before saying whether it works or not, lets look into the things that you would like to achieve. Increase stability or reduce drag? There are many many many bodykits out there that performs differently where one might be better than another in different purpose.

For example, front lip/splitter: Some people might think that by increasing surface area, we are increasing drag. Its not entirely incorrect but lets weigh the benefit it gives. By installing a front splitter or lip, the air going into the car underbody is reduced thus resulting a more stabilized car and also reduce drag. Yes, drag. It is not a flat plat under the car. Air turbulance is everywhere beneath the car and thus giving drag and pressure build up which result in lesser downforce.

Many aftermarket body kits (or even ori from factory) are not tested in wind tunnel. Why? If they can afford to test it in wind tunnel, it would cost you a planet. Reputable manufacturers would probably do computational fluid dynamics to design their products, while ciplak ones might just go for the looks.

Another good example is a spoiler. Not all spoilers are to increase downforce. Some are to reduce drag. If you guys notice Mitsubishi Mirage, Prius C, Jazz Hybrid...their spoiler design look similar

Rightly said. Reducing drag by reducing turbulence.......Just like the uplifted wing-tip of the modern jetliner's wing. The wing tip has been tested and proven to reduce drag and turbulence.......and save considerable amount of aviation fuel in a year.

Some bodykits I have seen makes the modded car like more like a brick, than a stream-lined vehicles.....yet ppl are still installing them on their ride....:banghead:

There are some honda car that had holes cut to the rear bumper....as to reduce drag and increase vehicle speed. I guess the holes could shave-off miliseconds when they go to work at office everyday.:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Rightly said. Reducing drag by reducing turbulence.......Just like the uplifted wing-tip of the modern jetliner's wing. The wing tip has been tested and proven to reduce drag and turbulence.......and save considerable amount of aviation fuel in a year.

Some bodykits I have seen makes the modded car like more like a brick, than a stream-lined vehicles.....yet ppl are still installing them on their ride....:banghead:

There are some honda car that had holes cut to the rear bumper....as to reduce drag and increase vehicle speed. I guess the holes could shave-off miliseconds when they go to work at office everyday.:biggrin:
Yup, in racing milliseconds counts. Daily drives?.....:confused::rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Counts, at least miliseconds to be consider as arriving office late :rofl:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
A single piece of fibreglass bonnet lip can weigh my car down already. No kidding. probably zero aero effect, 100% look but rear heavy a bit.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
hahaha, not just reaching office on time, but more importantly reach GF house on the dot...if not, sure kena tarik telinga...:biggrin::biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
A curious question guys.... If spoiler from Lancer Evolution 3 or 1/2 is equipped on Wira, will that make any difference for aerodynamics and stability? I do know that Wira's rear boot length is slightly longer than the original Lancer...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Counts, at least miliseconds to be consider as arriving office late :rofl:
Oh! you always late ah?......:rofl:

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

A curious question guys.... If spoiler from Lancer Evolution 3 or 1/2 is equipped on Wira, will that make any difference for aerodynamics and stability? I do know that Wira's rear boot length is slightly longer than the original Lancer...
Can fit just taro becomes Wiralution.......:driver::rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi bros,

Izzit ok to reset ECU by disconnecting the battery terminal often?... I found my car fuel comsumption is better by do it.

Pls advise.

Tks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience