Best Bang for Buck? Evo 7/8/8mr/9/9mr?

greenmivec

Known Member
Nov 10, 2005
Turning radius is not that good, but you will not want to turn thesteering at max at track or any hard run..evo is a performance car which is built almost track read out of shop...so the DNA is in there

I have problems going up spiral parking at my office n parking....looks like a new kid who just got his license...need to reverse a bit

But that is tooo small matter since max steering input will not be that frequent

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
evo turning radius is definitely larger compared FF cars. parking can be a hassle but the headache part is making u-turns.

i have not faced and have not heard of evo owners complaining of understeering in corners so far.

GT-Rs are a totally different car - longer, heavier and although it has 4WD, i have been told by GTR owners that they normally behave like FR until there is slip detected where the torque split will be channeled to the front wheels.

you will have to ask GTR owners on how their cars behave in corners, car parks and during U-turns to have a more accurate picture.

at the end of the day, it is still the same piece of advice - go and TEST DRIVE the car.

it is better for you to experience the car before buying it.

no one buys a car just because some one else says it is a good car or the stock turbo can reach 1k whp or if you should keep your stock radiator as it is not a mod.
The horrendous Evo turning circle is caused by the extremely sharp steering rack (2.2 to max lock, I think).

As for handling, 4wd's (ranging from the Audi quattro right till the Nissan GTR) - ALL innately understeer. No modern production car (performance or otherwise) from the factory is dialled to oversteer as most consumers have no idea what to do with opposite lock.

As such, any Evo driver who has not tasted understeer in his/her Evo is either driving too slowly OR has had someone magically setup the car to.

Thanks.

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
ya... cant turn that well. always cant make "one shot" u-turn. i face one time on the main road. with lots of car. try to u-turn but fail. then have to reverse. and alot of cars horn me. lolx... nice experience :D....
me too... so malu leh first time u-turn... :banghead:

now i use about 3.5 lanes to make u-turn, confirm lepas... but have to drive further to look for wider roads lor...

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

The horrendous Evo turning circle is caused by the extremely sharp steering rack (2.2 to max lock, I think).

As for handling, 4wd's (ranging from the Audi quattro right till the Nissan GTR) - ALL innately understeer. No modern production car (performance or otherwise) from the factory is dialled to oversteer as most consumers have no idea what to do with opposite lock.

As such, any Evo driver who has not tasted understeer in his/her Evo is either driving too slowly OR has had someone magically setup the car to.

Thanks.
i slow driver ma... don't dare to drive beyond my own capabilities for fear of wrapping my car around a tree or masuk longkang or climb divider :slug::driver:

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
me too... so malu leh first time u-turn... :banghead:

now i use about 3.5 lanes to make u-turn, confirm lepas... but have to drive further to look for wider roads lor...

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

i slow driver ma... don't dare to drive beyond my own capabilities for fear of wrapping my car around a tree or masuk longkang or climb divider :slug::driver:
Haha...dun take it the wrong way mate, we're all here to learn no?

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
Haha...dun take it the wrong way mate, we're all here to learn no?
worry not... no offense taken... :wavey:

about the wrapping car around tree, masuk longkang or climbing divider comment, it is a real concern for me... i always lift off earlier and brake earlier before i go into any corners as i know i can't handle my car fully... :biggrin:

khsim

Known Member
Apr 16, 2009
Radiator don't help in horsepower producing but help in sustaining it by preventing the water temperature to raise over safe limit
Intercooler help as in preventing heat soak after hard pull/sustained high power pull as the function of it is to cool the air just after being compressed by compressor wheel of turbocharger
So end of word is:
Radiator control the temperature of engine to prevent overheating from happened and to keep engine in optimal water temperature
Intrcooler cool the compressed charge from turbo and therefore it is one of the biggest factor affecting horsepower being produced and controller the temperature of air being feed into engine

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

1.)Yes got my driving license already
2.)Nope,haven't have the chance to ride or test drive an EVO before
Closest would be a ride in original Galant VR4(With actuator not opening properly so boost come in extremely late,like TD05H-16G 5000rpm)
I don't think what i said is classified is Sin Ka Lan when it could be done
The most extent you could say is:It is not feasible in Malaysia to do it due to factor such as fuel quality,humidity,ambient temperature but that does not mean it have not been done before,no??
I am just being reasonable,no more no less
And calling out people "sin ka lan" is equal to insult
So thanks for your Insult from EVO Owner:banghead:

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Answer is in bold
Cheers

INSULT ??!....who's dare since u r so PRO ON EVO...maybe we still need ur help in future.....i worry later u wanna kick our (evo owner's) ass again...:adore::adore::adore:

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
count me in...same setup with RS chasis...but i need 300 whp enough...so now u got 3 ready customer to show all the evo owner's how good u r...but pls...dun kick my ass......:proud::thefinger::driver:
Dei Thambi Sim,
300awhp hai mol...Lai we go up boost your boost controller laa....hehehehehe
I confirmed you can definitely get 320~330awhp for your RS II...:driver:

300awhp with the right tune = STIM! hahahahahahaha

Dei...This friday UY dont do stunt again ahh...Uncle orangie old liow yaa...cannot take such chee kik!!! hahahahha

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
dat's cheap..izzit a genuine MR?..

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, Im looking for a steering wheel (not the regular one, but something like the performance type, eg: nardi, sparco) for my wira and I prefer to get the original one and not the fake one. Where can I get one and which model would u guys suggest to get? Thank you. :adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience