Finding a steering wheel

STR

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Penang
Hi, Im looking for a steering wheel (not the regular one, but something like the performance type, eg: nardi, sparco) for my wira and I prefer to get the original one and not the fake one. Where can I get one and which model would u guys suggest to get? Thank you. :adore:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
budget? Cheapest I've seen is RM350 at a halfcut shop. You'll need to spend a bit to get the bosskit and I would recommend the full metal one from an Evo. RM150 thereabouts.

Then for steering consider deep dish or flat - all depends on your driving position.

STR

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Penang
budget? Cheapest I've seen is RM350 at a halfcut shop. You'll need to spend a bit to get the bosskit and I would recommend the full metal one from an Evo. RM150 thereabouts.

Then for steering consider deep dish or flat - all depends on your driving position.
RM500-600 including steering and bosskit.

shawnzz

500 RPM
Sep 6, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
RM500-600 including steering and bosskit.
Changing steering wheel is a journey. i have used many types steering wheel from momo tuner, momo race, sparco D racing wheel, nardi wooden torino, nardi leather torino, but till date. i still like deep dish steering wheel for the steering and driving feel. i've tried many, but many did not suit my style. Momo prototipo is one of my favorites now.

my suggestion is just, browse mudah. and type in Momo/nardi/sparco or any brand u want. Set your budget, and get the steering wheel. If it doesn't suit you, you can always change to another 1 and easily sell off your old steering wheel. (some will keep as collection). Also, beware of imitation steering wheel as it is dangerous to use on the road..

As for bosskit, you can get halfcut ones from Evo3 . it dosn't cost a lot. You also want to avoid fake bosskit, as some of them are prone to cracking and quality issue.

Last edited:

STR

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Penang
Changing steering wheel is a journey. i have used many types steering wheel from momo tuner, momo race, sparco D racing wheel, nardi wooden torino, nardi leather torino, but till date. i still like deep dish steering wheel for the steering and driving feel. i've tried many, but many did not suit my style. Momo prototipo is one of my favorites now.

my suggestion is just, browse mudah. and type in Momo/nardi/sparco or any brand u want. Set your budget, and get the steering wheel. If it doesn't suit you, you can always change to another 1 and easily sell off your old steering wheel. (some will keep as collection). Also, beware of imitation steering wheel as it is dangerous to use on the road..

As for bosskit, you can get halfcut ones from Evo3 . it dosn't cost a lot. You also want to avoid fake bosskit, as some of them are prone to cracking and quality issue.
Yeah, I prefer the deep dish type. Thats what Im worried of, getting conned by buying a fake one. Not much of mudah ads near my area. I might consider buying online.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yeah, I prefer the deep dish type. Thats what Im worried of, getting conned by buying a fake one. Not much of mudah ads near my area. I might consider buying online.
I am always worried of fake from online purchases......lol

STR

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Penang

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
I have been using this Nardi Torino steering wheel for about 6-7 years. Bought it very cheap from a halfcut shop in Butterworth for RM120 back then. Me and my friend went there at midnight to get 'special' price because the tauke always 'mabuk' at that time. :biggrin: It's very nice and comfortable to hold. Not too thin, or too thick like those BMW steering wheels. I sent it for re-wrap about two years ago, that cost me RM210.

Attachments

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
http://www.racenotrice.com/steeringchangediy.html

You mean this? Any evo bosskit will do right?
Eh.. you found my RNR page. Yeah, exactly that.

Evo bosskit usually are PNP for Wira. Just need to ask and avoid alu or whatever. But solid steel.

I have been using this Nardi Torino steering wheel for about 6-7 years. Bought it very cheap from a halfcut shop in Butterworth for RM120 back then. Me and my friend went there at midnight to get 'special' price because the tauke always 'mabuk' at that time. :biggrin: It's very nice and comfortable to hold. Not too thin, or too thick like those BMW steering wheels. I sent it for re-wrap about two years ago, that cost me RM210.
Nice wor. Halfcut open so late? You need to bring me there someday. Maybe I can ply him with a few more whiskey shots and get a Recaro cheap

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Get original hub, steering.... Etc.
If u go YouTube, comparison of fake and original steering. Hahaha....
Just figured it out, to fit hub to clockspring. I diy myself.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

Butterworth mana? I live there lah.
U drive barefoot..? lol....

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
that wrap looks so clean and nice. :driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm sure many people already done this.

But here is how I did it.

Prepare the parts :- a 9V IC regulator. ***7809, 2 pcs of 100uF/16V e.capacitors, and a heatsink and pcb.

Then solder all the parts together. The IC pin when seen from front side is Input-Ground-Output. Connect the E.cap at input to ground and output to ground respectively.

Buy the ciggarete jack (since im not...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience