What is the best tyre for Evo for daily drives

greenmivec

Known Member
Nov 10, 2005
Hello all sifus and friends

Now is raining season, every it rains. Since i travel a lot from Kl to Melaka and Kuantan, i found out that my Yokohama C 234/45/17 (not sure what is the exact model) is not that good for raining and wet road condition. It skids.

I saw countless of road accident during my travelling day along the highway, it includes Mercedes E amd C class. Therefore i appreciate your advise on what tyre isthe best for both dry and wet condition..

Based on your experience and knowledge, Appreciate your free time and advise on the tyre for my 17" rims. (other rim size also can, for other member's knowledge and guide)....please let use the template below

Brand:
Model:
Price:
Shop location / address:
Remarks/ comments:

VectorX2

Known Member
Aug 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i m currently using:

Brand: Bridgestone
Model: RE002
Price: RM300++ (195/55/R15)
Shop location / address: YB Auto Care Center / Pandan Indah
Remarks/ comments: not bad during rainy days and quiet, even if when my engine switch from low cam to high cam, the car doesn't skid under that torque

greenmivec

Known Member
Nov 10, 2005
Guys thanks a lot for the recommendation,

But what is the price/pc and shop location for the goodyear eagle F 1?

P/s. If its not too burden, appreciate to use the template for beginner like me and others to use as a guidance

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Guys just to share the tyre spec and price. Found in the website

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?33395-Database-for-Tyres-Price-II

Last edited:

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
Hello all sifus and friends

Now is raining season, every it rains. Since i travel a lot from Kl to Melaka and Kuantan, i found out that my Yokohama C 234/45/17 (not sure what is the exact model) is not that good for raining and wet road condition. It skids.
Guys thanks a lot for the recommendation,

But what is the price/pc and shop location for the goodyear eagle F 1?
bro, you sure your tyre profile is 234? :)

anyway here is what I found out from other forum

235/45R17
Goodyear Asy 2 - RM650 Quicksave USJ (Sep 11)

greenmivec

Known Member
Nov 10, 2005
Yee hau it should be 235 thanks bro

How about the Federal 595 rs r tyre? Is it do any good?

greenmivec

Known Member
Nov 10, 2005
Hi evoke yeah that black merc,if merc also skid,i m sure evo will too eventhough evo is a high performance car but it must have the right tyre to withstand the road condition

Thats why i need to survey what is the best tyre for both wet and dry road

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Just a tips,switch to gravel mode during hard rain it will ne easier to control,since gravel mode is for loose (gravel) and wet road surface, even when skids its still controlable,but it still skids

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
I was using Toyo R1R on my previous wira evo... Was very happy wif it for both dry n wet condition... Of course wet can't compare wif Toyo T1R la... Currently using AD07 236/45/17 for my E7... Rainy day really scary... Had checked pricing for Toyo R1R and Michelin PS3 @ Era Maju, Ros Merah (JB)... R1R is RM770/pc, while PS3 is RM8xx/pc... Guess I'll go for R1R for my next set...

evoke

Feb 9, 2006
Selangor
Hi evoke yeah that black merc,if merc also skid,i m sure evo will too eventhough evo is a high performance car but it must have the right tyre to withstand the road condition

Thats why i need to survey what is the best tyre for both wet and dry road

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Just a tips,switch to gravel mode during hard rain it will ne easier to control,since gravel mode is for loose (gravel) and wet road surface, even when skids its still controlable,but it still skids
Icic.. didn't know Gravel mode will help.. i usually just stuck at Tarmac mode.. haha.. will try next time if in that kind of situation... :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A new trailer has been released by Polyphony Digital and this time it shows some new details and highlights the games new features like damage rendering, night races and the Top Gear test track. The video features a voiceover by none other than the Schumacher to be, Sebastian Vettel. It's not known what role the Red Bull F1 team driver will play in GT5 but do let your imagination run free. Also making an...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience