whats the difference between the big and small Sard fuel regulator?

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
DDgreystar,it got nothing to do with the flow rate.the big regulator
tend to withstand higher pressure then the small one.

Last edited:

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
SARD adjustable fuel pressure regulators for EFI engines utilizes extra light weight diaphragm assembly that provides excellent pulsation dampening; to dampen the pressure spikes caused by high flow fuel pumps and cycling injectors (especially non-factory high flow fuel injectors).
SARD offers two universal regulators, the Type-R & the normal models. Both models comes in either blue-anodized -6 AN aluminum inlet ports with a 1/8 NPT gage port, or blue-anodized aluminum 8 mm inlet with a 1/8 NPT gage port.
SARD fuel pressure regulators are designed to provide the correct fuel pressure for any high performance fuel injected vehicle. The normal model is designed to be used on fuel injected, non-turbo-charged engines, and it is machined from billet aluminum.
The other universal regulator, Type-RJ, is more expensive, and is designed for fuel injected and turbo-charged engines. Due to its boost compensating design, it can provide more fuel under high turbo boost conditions.
As per the normal model, parts are machined from billet aluminum. Pressure adjustment is made easy on both models by turning the built-in 360 degree nut. Both models are made to bolt in the factory location in most vehicles, so installation is a snap!

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
the big one came with double diaphragm inside if not mistaken and can maintain fuel pressure better than the single diaphragm small one

waikeatyeo

Known Member
Jun 9, 2006
bro, it means tht we should install the big fuel regulator on the evo? it cost bout 700 man..

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
well, if you intend to boost high YES.. but if you dont intend to boost up high... a small one will do...

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
well, if you intend to boost high YES.. but if you dont intend to boost up high... a small one will do...
leslie is right,if u intend to go all out monster,the big 1 should be ur choice.
but if u intend to to retain ur stock turbo,the small 1 should be more then
enough.

B18C-R

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
The article is good Ken.

I've seen 400-500ps monster and they are still using the small SARD regulator. Not on evos but on skylines and those dragster FR cars. Even those on 450-500ps GT3037 turbos sizes or even biger still uses the small regulators, SARD ones.

I've not seen nor hear real significant differences which also explains why most on sale and used are the small ones. I think SARD products are pretty reliable so my advice is if you got the budget, take the big ones but if not, I dun think the small ones will cause any issue to most of you cars.

As long as you dun get a Fake SARD regulator (There's plenty FAKE nowdays) circulating in the market.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

arghhh damn my car break in...
they smash my driver window..
n took out :

1. sony player
2. sacf blue
3. smart tag
4. both fliapble side mirror
5. ray ban

my neighbour saw two malay guys with 2 motocycle look around my
car 3 times at 5am..they tot dat is my fren..if i get them,i will cut
their bird..here sum pic...very daring
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience