Best Bang for Buck? Evo 7/8/8mr/9/9mr?

Johnny_Tan

From Facebook
Aug 16, 2010
www.facebook.com
its like a mixture of 7 & 8.. if year given is 2004 then is evo 8,. but interior abit rojak so cant tell.. ask then owner to proof u why its evo8 MR??

spek_nates

Known Member
Jul 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
depends on what purpose u want to use for the car..for me to used the car for daily driving i prefer E9 in stock condition..why??coz E9 compare to E8 for sure a little bit newer version n definately the MR spec is for the performance n power i guess..juz my opinion.:biggrin:

Jun_EK9

1,000 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
how reliable is the car depend on how the owner taking care of it..stock doesn't mean will be better in terms of reliable

spek_nates

Known Member
Jul 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
agreed..but 4 sure compared to the MR spec and the evo that already been modified to the stock ones,for the maintainance the stock ones will be less the headache n for sure the $$$ to the owner..:biggrin:

Dec 21, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi All n Good Day,

I had been through the threads all out until the 12th.
I m a actually a new comer here. just want to learn from you all.
Wahhhhh...there are many sifus here lah... marvellous lah. and knowledgable..this is good.
I hope you all can help me,teach me a bit okay.. i have many things to learn from you all..

and if I m not mistaken,there are 2 guys looking for an Evo.
-the Guest and the Potato.
For both of you,I want to share a bit lah from my buying experience before.
I just owned an Evo7 since last April.

Yes...b4 looking for that evo,I think you MUST bring your best&knowledgable friend or
a good pomen especially on Turbo one.For me,it helps much!
rather than you go solo2. nanti you rugi maa...
ok,let's make it short. Here are a bit tips to be shared:
1. Highly look for a Direct Owner one(if you can)and always neglect for the Used Car
one. The Used Car one memang banyak tipu lor...
i)tipu Cat(sudah touch-up tapi ckp Ori.)
ii)last owner accessories also they take,and stimes change with the murah one
iii)ada accident ckp tarak accident.
2. If you were already there to see the car,firstly DONT LET the owner starts the engine first.
You must yourselves open the Hood and CAREFULLY check for the Dip Stick gauge.
If the level is at in-between the Min and Max AND MORE to the Max,MOST PROBABLY there
is no leakage at the Engine Bay underneath there,and no oil leakage at the Piston Rings
that CAN cause you continuously top-up and top-up and top-up until hati banyak sakit lor...
Like what I currently suffer on my Buruk Satria. hehe
3. When the engine is at Idling mode,you must try ramp a bit the fuel pedal.here, take a look
at the exzos. If the smoke coming out is quite clean,means ok lah.
If when you press the fuel pedal, then some thicker smokes coming out.
HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU BLAH LAH,cari kereta lain. It will waste your money afterwards.
4. Always check for the old dented or accident marks the whole body. Check properly,
for example-at the Bonnet Belakang. Bukak itu bonnet sampai nampak Spare Tyre,
here,check if there is accident mark everywhere. On the Left Hand Side,check the
Differential Oil Tank Gauge. Check the oil level.
5. Test all the 4 Doors.Open and close,and do it again.See the impact of absorbing
forces for the doors to the body. If the absorption of the impact is smooth,kira ok lah tue..
6. If you want to get the stock one,check the Radiator being used.If the radiator is already
about 3- Layer one,maybe this car is already sudah gasak one(already Big Turbo one).
If you can see still the standard one,maybe most probably the car is belum hantam lagi.
Check also the Turbo-Big or still standard. One more,if the car already has accessory like
Boost Controller(Hi Boost Low Boost) meanning sudah modify. Check also the E-manage,
if still standard kira oklah.. Hmmm apa lagi ya? I sudah lupa lah.. Manyak ngantuk lor...
sudah pukul 1 am...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Porsche 918 Spyder Hybrid made its first driving debut on a closed road in Monterey California.

It was shipped to California from Germany for the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance but before it went on display engineers let Porsche AG Design Chief Michael Mauer put the new supercar through its phases.

The 918 Spyder prototype combines high-tech racing features and electro-mobility to offer a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience