Best EMS for Evo 9

edison_loy

Known Member
Feb 10, 2008
Dear all sifu,

Wanted to install a EMS to my E9 but duuno which brand should I go for! For light mod only !
Purpose to install cos need stable fuel supply to handle high boost! Correct me if I am wrong! I am newbie too.

Pls advise, possible cheap n reliable

Slowboy

Known Member
Jan 14, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
How light is the mod? Anyway emanage is ok for budget buy. Usually people go for haltech, power fc, motec, vipec etc. Anyhow it is important to find the tuner before decide on the ems.

edison_loy

Known Member
Feb 10, 2008
Light mod mean that all piping mod in and out & fuel pump was done ! Just notice that insuffient fuel supply to increase the boost from standard to higher!advise from foreman /tuner ! I notice after dyno & not satisfy with the result !
Insuffient or unstable fuel supply will damage engine ?It is reason why we need EMS? If yes any suggest for the tuner ? Brand ? Model ? Cheaper ? What are the different and suitable.
Really need help here !!

Last edited:

madiewaters

Known Member
Jul 27, 2009
why not u just reflash only.U are on light mod ..
so its better to reflash the ecu.
:driver:

edison_loy

Known Member
Feb 10, 2008
Which is better ? Reliable ? Cheaper ? Did the cost will be same?
Reason to choose EMS because we paying money at least something we can see compare just reflash ?!
Need your comment ! Pls correct me of I am wrong .

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
EMS is for highly modded engines. For standard run-of-the-mill IHE mods like yours, reflash is already sufficient. Going for a stand alone is an overkill IMO.

And of course reflash is cheaper than an EMS. With EMS, you also need to factor in the tuner. Bad tuning, bad result, no matter how expensive you bought the EMS.

edison_loy

Known Member
Feb 10, 2008
Some workshop advice to install a piggy back ! Such as haltech pro, E Manage ultimate .Is the piggy back and stand alone are the same ?

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Nope.. different. Stand alone is more extensive in tuning capabilities, it's virtually a new ECU, while a piggy back works together with the OEM ECU. Go for a reflash better, since only light mods.

edison_loy

Known Member
Feb 10, 2008
How about the cost for both ?
What are the advantage and disadvantage for EMS and reflash ! Just want more detail info !?

Last edited:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Like I said, EMS can change more parameters compared to a mere reflash/piggyback, but to make most of all the variable parameters, you need all the heavy mods like cams, turbo, internal etc2 to make use of it.

Of course you go buy a EMS and fit to a stock engine and get better power, but it'll be minimal compared to the cost incurred. You also won't be using the full EMS feature since there's simply no need for it because the stock ECU can already handle it.

EMS is also more flexible. You can change the tuning yourself if you made additional mods to the engine ( if you learn how la). It depends on your plans really. If you definitely will be modding the engine2 kaw2, go for EMS lah. If not, better stick to reflash.

Cost, definitely EMS pricier. RM 3-5k for basic models? Around that lah..

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
IF i , i will go for ems.and get the right tuner.then can see the good result and satisfy.if tuner bad.result also we not satisfied.haltech spring 500 ok what rm2950 like that =) if standalone , then no need use air flow sensor already.boleh cabut.i also wanna install haltech to my car.since piggyback cant change my fuel consumption. =)

edison_loy

Known Member
Feb 10, 2008
Bro P3jal,
How can get a good tuner?
Currently people offer me haltech pro cost RM 4800 exclusive tuning.
Any recommended tuner ?

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Even u on 2.3 or bigger turbo the stock ecu still can handle the tuning, even go full open loop(cut airflow sensor) all u need is a good tuner. A opensource reflash won't cost that much.

edison_loy

Known Member
Feb 10, 2008
How much need pay for the reflash and how frequent need to do reflash ?Did reflash need a good tuner ?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The reason I start this thread is I've notice for a while now since 2007. Most car that are stolen or break in are either those car that took part in Autoshow , appears in car magazine before or are well known around a certain area due to it's specialty like it's fast or got some goodies inside the car. I'm saying this by seeing the real things that happen and not guessing.

Autoshow can be a chance for the thieves to see what's in your car much more better and know every bit of things you...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience