Car break in...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
The reason I start this thread is I've notice for a while now since 2007. Most car that are stolen or break in are either those car that took part in Autoshow , appears in car magazine before or are well known around a certain area due to it's specialty like it's fast or got some goodies inside the car. I'm saying this by seeing the real things that happen and not guessing.

Autoshow can be a chance for the thieves to see what's in your car much more better and know every bit of things you hide in the car. Why, because we need to display everything to impress the judges. It's really like your car is post naked in front of the public crowd. Everyone sees everything. Real things that happen to these cars, like Rhys, Rhys friend's white putra, the Subaru 8000...just to name a few...

Those in Magazine share the same fate as well as photograph of your ride is posted in magazine that everyone can get a copy of. The same thing happen to 1 of Hypertune's featured car, A Toyota Caldina GT4. Appear on an issue and the next issue showing that it's was broken into. Stole some of the performance parts. Even those who frequent the performance shop must keep an eye out for strangers that keep peeping into your car as they might be targeting you car too.

I saying this as not to discourage people to take part in any of the above mentioned event. It's just that I saw the pattern of the crime that happened. Let us discuss about this topic. Even cars that are just ordinary can still get stolen but what is the percentage compare to those well known cars.

What are the things that could potentially attract these thieves and how they choose a victim (car) if they were multiple of them appear like in an autoshow.

Last edited:

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
I see ur point. And i totally agree with it. what can we do abt it? dont really know... But can go to extremes and booby trap the fittings... if someone tugs and pulls a defi meter, a sharp edged metal object launches out and "hopefully" hits its target...lol... this may sound funny... but if I really had to.. I would resort to it to let the thieves feel the pain they make us feel..!!

meltan7

500 RPM
Feb 3, 2006
Kelana Jaya
you could also keep track of any workshops or accessories shop you may have visited, (disregarding your trustworthy shops) as they may have spies who fish around cars in search of unique mods and parts.

Last edited by a moderator:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
My opinion is try not to go to too many different shops to install your stuff. Stick to 1 at least if something go wrong it would be easy to trace.

Last edited by a moderator:

meltan7

500 RPM
Feb 3, 2006
Kelana Jaya
yup.. that's why i have 1 workshop for servicing and 1 shop for accessories. at least you can pinpoint if there's any mishaps.

ae101rulez

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
erm...
best is not to showoff so much.....noisy exhaust, big wings, huge bodykit attract lots of attention...even small 50cent or shiny stuff on dashboard attract idiot attention....my classmate learn his lesson well as those bastards just steal 1 cheap autogauge v.meter but cause 1 driver screen to break...somore area is close gate community....

genny

500 RPM
Oct 15, 2007
totally agree wat titan was mentioned above...as those thieves nowadays r very strong...so dare to do anything...haiz...

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
My opinion is try not to go to too many different shops to install your stuff. Stick to 1 at least if something go wrong it would be easy to trace.
nowaday, some of them just keep round & round along those kind of shop. once saw a nice mod car there, they will walk in pretend like customer, just to get some info of the car....

just beware when u guys go dyno in sunway area, there a lot of 'rats'...
must close up the gate or dun let ppl other than who u know to get in. just like Links does...:smokin:

xin

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
speaking of such, i was wondering if the pedal locks would play a role in preventing the thiefs from at least stealing our whole car. As i can see, ppl's mindset nowadays are 'mind our own business' thus even the alarm goes off. Nearby ppl would seem dun mind and just go on their daily chores. So if i would to lock my brake/cluch/accelerate pedals then at least it would prevent them from stealing the whole car at least. They would rip off anything they can but at least ur car is still there. So do pedal locks really work? Any experienced drivers?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifus!!! i really need help!

my front left rims is always full of black oil all around and its not easy to wash...why is there always oil there??? and its very very thick until all the sand stick to it...izit coz of the brake pad or izit the oil?? can anyone help me! thx alot!! whoever kena b4 ah??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience