Best EMS for Evo 9

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
There is no diff between tuning a standalone n a reflash, all u need is a tuner that knows what he is doing. Your car depend on the ecu to run so stock ecu is the best standalone(Not that u trying to run nos with E85). No need to reflash all the time if u give enough time for the tuner to work with, all u need to do is tell the tuner what do u wan..? what u wan to achieve..? what would satisfy u..? Know what u asking is the 1st thing u need to learn, so u know y u need this to achieve that. Discuss with the tuner, open your mind to his opinion n he will do it perfectly(IF his a good tuner)

edison_loy

Known Member
Feb 10, 2008
Any recommend tuner ? Or consultant ? Really need learn over this issue ?
FYI, what I need is what is the max output for current mod with proper setting ! As I notice recently an Evo spec state 280 Hp but when go to dyno will not get 280 HP BUT In fact only get 250hp+- . This make me feel surprise !! Please correct me if I am wrong !
Some body can explain why ? And need to reflash or put in piggyback if want to set to higher boost!l for safety purpose right !? Is that correct ?

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
In japan they run ron100, so that your diff. Other is temp, drivetrain loss etc...

When u add more boost(air) u need more fuel then the stock A/F ratio to compensate. If not u be running lean n that is not safe for engine.

I do not know any tuner bcos i tune my own car. Maybe other can recommend. Invite some TT with MLOC member sure u can learn more.

edison_loy

Known Member
Feb 10, 2008
Dayline, Wah, your are tuner, that why to increase the loss HP , need to choice now !
Any comment for the EMS ? Really need advise here?
Need some guide line here!! My purpose is Make sure A/F ratio Is ok and gain HP back to what suppose to be or higher, since fuel pump already change.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Dayline, Wah, your are tuner, that why to increase the loss HP , need to choice now !
Any comment for the EMS ? Really need advise here?
Need some guide line here!! My purpose is Make sure A/F ratio Is ok and gain HP back to what suppose to be or higher, since fuel pump already change.
I dun call my self a tuner, just a hobby. U just need a fine tune stock car then reflash is enough.

Dayline668, have you tuned with grimspeed 3-port before? Do you log AFR & boost in evoscan?
I tune my own subaru with ecuflash n romrider, din't play with evoscan b4, but what u wanna know..? do start your own thread so not OT other ppl thread.

edison_loy

Known Member
Feb 10, 2008
Some prefer reflash & some piggyback !
Still not get a proper guide yet! Who can share more about this ?

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
I did asked GT Auto and they quoted me RM1k for reflashing the ecu

edison_loy

Known Member
Feb 10, 2008
Wah, big different !! But with the reflash how much HP can gain?
Who you ask ? Got contact number wanted to call for enquiry.

Last edited:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Big difference? Are you comparing with stand alone? Should be comparing with piggy back. I think piggy back is slightly pricier than reflash, maybe around 1.5k? Gains would be similar between piggy and reflash I think, since light mods only....

However, if you want a retune in the future, you need to pay for reflash again but with piggy back, you only need to pay for tuning only.....so depends on your plans lor. Any future plans for more mods?

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
Yeah. You should consider if there any future mod that you're going to do the car. If the answer is yes, then reflash is not what are you looking for. You'll be wasting your hard earn money only.

Unless you're not going to do any mod to your car, then you can reflash your ecu. But i doubt that. :driver:

Slowboy

Known Member
Jan 14, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
According to your mod it is better to go for open source rather than piggyback such as E-manage and etc. Open source can play with more parameter with better pricing. IMO, do find your tuner first rather than the EMS, find the tuner you feel comfortable. Each tuner have their own specialty towards the EMS. Ask the tuner which EMS they prefered. Nowaday a lot of so called tuner which is tune your car cincai, copy and paste only. After tuning, idle problem, knocking, etc.

Good luck bro

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Dear all sifu,

Wanted to install a EMS to my E9 but duuno which brand should I go for! For light mod only !
Purpose to install cos need stable fuel supply to handle high boost! Correct me if I am wrong! I am newbie too.

Pls advise, possible cheap n reliable
What's your definition of cheap? :hmmmm:

BEST EMS, Cosworth Pectel SQ6 or Motec M800

edison_loy

Known Member
Feb 10, 2008
I did asked GT Auto and they quoted me RM1k for reflashing the ecu
Big difference? Are you comparing with stand alone? Should be comparing with piggy back. I think piggy back is slightly pricier than reflash, maybe around 1.5k? Gains would be similar between piggy and reflash I think, since light mods only....

However, if you want a retune in the future, you need to pay for reflash again but with piggy back, you only need to pay for tuning only.....so depends on your plans lor. Any future plans for more mods?
Bro, how much we need to pay for the tuning if go for piggy back ? Reflash will be the same price right ? Or reflash need to do quite frequent?
Now I should looking for good tuner, any suggestion ?

Cheap meaning with a good EMS with a min price ?
How about haltech pro? 500? E manage ultimate ?
Further mods , I think it maybe for me ? Depand on RM ? From my prospective is we pay for that but reflash we doesn't see any thing compare with EMS ? With this think I am right ?

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We said it one and we’ll say it again, the Bahrain Formula One saga isn’t going away anytime soon, not even after the race was recently reinstated into the calendar for 2011. Now the FIA have gone and done an about turn, saying Formula One won’t be returning to Bahrain after a report was leaked, showing how the board gave in.

The decision to reinstate the Bahrain GP was a unanimous one after FIA...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience