what can i do for automatic gearbox ???

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
i thought the topic here is GSR? maybe can get caldina or airtrek's autobox to fit in Mr. Guest's GSR, .... jus joking dude... but apart from that y not suggest to mr. guest since he's trying to make a decision, what other options he has for Auto box Swap with the factor of cost element ....

ACBC,

great info there, people like u r very rare in msia doing research and everything like the US guys, that's a great effort!! we should all be open to new technologies, that's partly the reason why our local automotive industry doesn't go far, coz less people are properly educated when it comes to vehicle technology, i guess one day when i have auto box for my other car i'll be looking up to you....

since we're just lifetime students of car mod, there's one answer we should look for, but i know the answer to that will cost us loads of money to find out, if only we can get as much info as possible on each auto and manual tranny on GSR: using the same vehicle same engine, first get an engine dynamometer reading, then on wheel dynamometer reading to compare, do it on both manual then auto, we'll know how much is the transmission loss.....to what i understand, auto tranny has more revolving parts and far more complicated, so the potential of transmission loss should be higher, but i've no data to prove this on a dyno test....... maybe if u have experience, can share with us....

p/s: i'm a neutral person, i'm not looking down on auto, i'm just trying to compare the facts....

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
i was also thinking to swap back to auto, cos blardy sienz putting in gears for my everyday driving.

aaron, u mentioned bout TCM reprom. You have any idea what they do? Cos mine is also with TCM but did fully utilise it yet cos am running on my standard manual GB. Talk in msn laa :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Actually,my car is using yrv engine ..
The,problem is the speedometer works on gear 1,2 & 3 ..but not on D4 ..it didn't works ..sometime it will works if my car run more than 80km/h ... Is there some sensor,tcu or wire short problem ? ..

Please help me guys ..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience