[HELP]Gearbox got knocking sound (loud!!)

one1002

Known Member
Jun 4, 2009
hi guys..it seems like i'm having a problem with my gearbox..there's a sound of "ktak ktak ktak ktak" sounds coming from the gearbox..can hear it inside my car..but when i press the clutch,the sound is gone..

plus when i'm accelerating,the noise can be heard..same when the car is idle..i'm using waja manual..pls help as this is driving me crazy..im afraid the gearbox will kaput..:adore::adore:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
have u checked your clutch plate? does it feels hard like semi racing clutch or does the pedal kick back when u depress it?

when was the last time u change yr clutch plate?

one1002

Known Member
Jun 4, 2009
hi bro..thx..i just converted my auto gbox to this manual gbox..i was given 2 clutches..1 is the normal,and 1 is the custom clutch plate..the custom clutch plate is new..never used before..

the pedal doesnt feel that hard nor kicked back..feels quite comfortable for me..

a friend of mine suggest that i go for a treatment gearbox.change the gear oil,put in the treatment oil+new gear oil,that should solve the prob..

the problem is now,what is causing the knocking sound?most people said its normal..but i'm afraid the gearbox will tertanggal when i'm cruising lah..

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
this is often the biggest problem
NO YOU CANT fix it on ur own
its time to jack ur car in the workshop to see any exterior damage
if there is nothing, u have to dismantle your gearbox

no one is david copperfield to see whts wrong inside
there are a thousands of posibility
can only be known when u open them up

SimpleGuy

500 RPM
Aug 24, 2006
What gearbox r u using? It might b same thing happend to me last time, since it is a pull type clutch, there is a ring inside the gearbox stick with the clutch cover. Take it out and clamp it harder, the sound will gone or become quieter. I solved this sound problem accidentally ^^, it happend when my mech somehow dunno how accidentally disfunction my clutch when pressing the clutch pedal, then hv to open up the gearbox to clamp bc the ring. Miracle happend, the tak tak tak sound bcome very less ^^. The sound really annoying, it is like a diesel engine knocking sound, lol, really, and yes, when preeing clutch pedal, the sound will gone.

one1002

Known Member
Jun 4, 2009
this is often the biggest problem
NO YOU CANT fix it on ur own
its time to jack ur car in the workshop to see any exterior damage
if there is nothing, u have to dismantle your gearbox

no one is david copperfield to see whts wrong inside
there are a thousands of posibility
can only be known when u open them up
thx bro,that's why i ask here..who knows someone who has experienced it before...:wavey:
i want to minimise the risks of being conned..got one mechanic said have to change the gearbox..the cost is at least RM1k..

What gearbox r u using? It might b same thing happend to me last time, since it is a pull type clutch, there is a ring inside the gearbox stick with the clutch cover. Take it out and clamp it harder, the sound will gone or become quieter. I solved this sound problem accidentally ^^, it happend when my mech somehow dunno how accidentally disfunction my clutch when pressing the clutch pedal, then hv to open up the gearbox to clamp bc the ring. Miracle happend, the tak tak tak sound bcome very less ^^. The sound really annoying, it is like a diesel engine knocking sound, lol, really, and yes, when preeing clutch pedal, the sound will gone.
thx bro..i'm using the standard waja 1.6 gearbox..

have u checked your gbox mounting aswell?
yeah,i've changed the mounting (front and rear) with the crossmember aswell..

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
maybe changing your gearbox could be your last resort,
for now u need to try & error....go to a few wshops to get 2nd, 3rd opinion etc...
if all mech say u need to change your gbox, then no choice, but i suspect
something in your clutch, pedal or pump...as simple guys quoted earlier.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

is there anyway we can observe tht whether a car has gone trough engine transplant without popping the hood up?

by listening to the BOV i think we can know its a turbo car la... but how about exhaust sound? can know trough the sound produced or not?

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience