knocking sound while mivec kicking.. need help from sifu here

Okuyama 汰

Known Member
Jul 1, 2007
i just tranplant mivec-MD gen 1 to my car n stil running in condition. i was trying to engage my mivec yesterday n found that knocking sound happen while mivec open arnd 5.5k rpm onward during slow acceleration but if fast acceleration the knocking sound just happen at the period of mivec kicking which is 5.5k-6.5k rpm only .. besides, my car r difficult to start when my engine was heat...your feedback will be appriciate...

Last edited:

Okuyama 汰

Known Member
Jul 1, 2007
i'm using ron97.. is it over high compression piston problem can be settle by adjusting the timing?

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
fren...did u instal adjustable cam pulley?
if yes, may too high degree oredi..

But if not,
Check your ignition timing, may too hi setting also...
and it will also sound like not enough 'current' during idling (like almost mati engine)

Okuyama 汰

Known Member
Jul 1, 2007
i'm running with 1.8 block n using bck my mivec piston.. my mechanic said the sound is normal for my engine setup n wouldn't cause any problem to the engine n it can be solve by adjusting the timing but it'll reduce the engine performance.. is it truth?

Last edited:

fuka1979

Known Member
May 2, 2005
sentul
kamfu.blogs.friendster.com
wat head gasket spec u use now? (hard start engine mostly is high compression pasal)
but knocking gila better test compression 1st. from my view u is over compression. (head gasket and piston should match up)

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
well, ur's situation are same with me...
they just increase ur ignition timing to increase ur rev. response...but it will cause knocking especially uphill...right?

W/o disturbing any setting, just try to use Ron95 and chck ur engine oil level(make sure it always at max level coz mivec will easily somke out)...

nan83

Known Member
Nov 14, 2004
Pasir Mas,Kel
i'm running with 1.8 block n using bck my mivec piston.. my mechanic said the sound is normal for my engine setup n wouldn't cause any problem to the engine n it can be solve by adjusting the timing but it'll reduce the engine performance.. is it truth?

yaaa.. maybe yr pomen is right ... just try retard your ignition timing abit ... it can solve yr prob..

try use timing light & check yr ignition at idle speed ... maybe you wrongly adjust the CAS sensor too advance...

yr compression increase + ign timing not correct ... you will suffer knocking & hard to start ( the engine will kickback coz of timing too advance)

in yr situation, retarding ign timing maybe will improve power... coz yr current setting is knocking... so ign timing need to set cun2 to get power depend on engine setup, fuel & etc ... too advance = knocking , too retard = no power

try adjust timing first..... if still not solve, maybe yr over compression .. 97ron fuel cannot sapot... try use thick gasket o lowdown the compression..

Okuyama 汰

Known Member
Jul 1, 2007
if i send my car for tuning, they will setting the proper timing for me, rite?

Last edited:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
tuning might be able to settle this prob.are you using any piggyback?

or you can try to install thicker metal gasket...reduce compression...or adjust the timing...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Need recommandation and advise.
It's almost time for me to change my tyres, discs, and brake pads.
1) Do I need to redo alignment if I change my tyres then only later change the Disc & pads?
2) What Good/Reliable Brand of 320mm Ventilated Disc and Pads ?
3) Any shops or seller for the Disc and Pads?
4) Any work shops that perform runout check?
5) What else do I need to take into consideration?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience