Subaru sti or evo7

turbololoy

Dec 11, 2011
Melaka
I have the same dilemma last year and end up buying the Sti ver 8. So far i dont have any regrets (no engine/suspension issues) and im surprised about the fuel consumption too, running at 8.5Km/liter and using Ron 95 as well. The handling is also great, my one is using tein suspension. True that the spark plugs is a challenge to replace, but anyway i only plan to change the plugs once every year.

About Evos, my friend own an evo 9 and we tried to launch his car. Sad to say his transmission got spoiled and end up paying for RM 5K to repair the transmission. This is the major downside of evos, i saw a lot of transmission failures especially on drag racing events where in gearing spoiled.

For me, just look for the best maintained/fresher car. Either of these cars are good enough to make you smile, especially driving at hills. :)

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
For me, just look for the best maintained/fresher car. Either of these cars are good enough to make you smile, especially driving at hills. :)
Agree, if you like both cars equally, then this is the better approach to select one. Anyway both are damn great cars already.

abunawas

Known Member
Nov 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
changing spark plugs on an EVO = 5 minutes. Subaru = 45 minutes.

yeah not much diff my ass.
change plugs is mod?

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Can say more detail hw funny is it?

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Haha yes I like the sound too..

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Which price cheaper? Compare with evo 7 and Subaru v8?
Me now budget not much.
what u driving now? budget not much but want to own these cars? whats your budget like?

blackcolour

Known Member
Nov 2, 2012
sarawak
change plugs is mod?

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

what u driving now? budget not much but want to own these cars? whats your budget like?
budget around 100k.. current no car. still driving parents car. so wanna choose carefully for my first car.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

blackcolour

Known Member
Nov 2, 2012
sarawak
Yes I am going to evo7

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Yes I am going for evo7

SubaruFTW

Nov 27, 2012
Miri
I wanted to say choose STi cause I'm a fan of subaru since I was young and even when I'm playing racing games the first car I always wanna get is the subaru. but since you choose the evo is a good thing also. Like what people always say, follow what your heart desire. Asking other people opinion is one thing, but most important is yourself. good luck and cheers with your evo man :D
All the best out there, and drive safe :)

CyberRedz

Aug 19, 2006
i am familiar with evo. yeah it's true playing an evo is much cheaper compare to subaru.
but sorry to say subaru looking more handsome compare to evo.. haha..
depend on what you want, friend surrounding you and what u dream..