WRX sti or Evo iX, some opinion

invisibleghost said:
FC n spare parts how, evo is cheaper for spare parts but FC??

any car FC is depends on how u drive it.....for evo....the FC stil ok....try to make usre ur right foot is obedient then ur FC will be better then....

nowadays..sports MPV r getting famous...such as toyota caldina GT4, subaru forester, mmc airtrek....etc....suitable for sport n family use.....comfortable some more

it is better u test drive the cars tat u like...then only make decision....mazda RX-8 oso not a bad choice.....CUN

- power hp (both have same HP ..320hp) - if you want to mod, then evo is easier. for the same amount of mod money, the evo will produce more power.

- handling - evo is good track car, but feels nervous and twitchy on normal roads. STi feels more solid and confident on rough surfaces and narrow winding roads

- chicky :) - babe magnet - hard to say. both cars appeal to the same kind of chicks

- appearence .. impression look/ brandname - evo has the fast & furious image, STi got more mature image. Brandname - the mitsu car company is going bankrupt worldwide. Subaru (FHI) is surviving as a niche player.

- second hand value - both cars command similar resale value here. Acceptable for Japanese cars.

- fuel consumption ( i read evo iX used mivec turbo and have a great low fc and imperzza higher fc) - as someone said, it all depends on your right foot. The more often you boost, then worse your FC.

- maintanence - same level of reliability, but boxer engine may be slightly more complicated to work on for certain things, like spark plugs.

Just test drive both, and decide for yourself. Me? Just like Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear) and Tiff Needell (Fifth Gear) said: I'll take the Subaru anyday.

whats resale value like? i would imagine the Evo being slightly worse due to so many on the road?

PocketRocket said:
if u gonna buy an evo...buy imprezza for me ok..i cheng u yum cha..leng mou?

he buy evo's model....u wan oso ar? put inside ur car? ahaha.....anyway..both r nice car n hard to decide.....

its not hard to decide lerr...subaru all the way..its unique..i ask ah heng exzos to make me a boxer sound...he say..no one except subaru can do it...so best is get a subaru

PocketRocket said:
its not hard to decide lerr...subaru all the way..its unique..i ask ah heng exzos to make me a boxer sound...he say..no one except subaru can do it...so best is get a subaru

buy subaru to get d sound.....n make sure u get japan performance ekzos system....ah beng ekzos wont make ur sound nice......make sure u get specifically for subaru......

still cannot....if a subaru dont come wif the boxer sound,the exhaust upgrade kit is RM7k for the boxer sound...

PocketRocket said:
still cannot....if a subaru dont come wif the boxer sound,the exhaust upgrade kit is RM7k for the boxer sound...

juz change from downpipe to rear....cheaper

Subaru will be better..from far listen to the exhaust sound..noneed c then u know its Sti. Attract girls?ofcoz subaru la..the sound so attractive until my gf dun like cars also say cool.. Evo is too common in KL..everyday u can c FEW evo..but for subaru..mayb once per week.

huakenny said:
buy subaru to get d sound.....n make sure u get japan performance ekzos system....ah beng ekzos wont make ur sound nice......make sure u get specifically for subaru......

ppl always say buy subaru for the sound, but u dun pay a few hundreds grand for the sound,rt? wat else?

thks dude... niway.. going to test evo iX today, sti nice also.. like the scoop bonet, but block driver view a bit ... its really damn big. grip handling, and engine respond very well compare to evo7.. hp.. for sti got 280hp... but s203 ofcoz 320hp.. worse part.. evo interior are well treated compare to sti... booth front and rear seat. evo rear seat lot bigger and confort than sti. niway.. sti meter really nice just like defi meter.. its digital! :cool:

huakenny said:
legacy more on family car rather than performance car..suitable for uncle n aunt

The Legacy was actually Subaru's foray into the rally world. It brought Subaru through its first years of rally. Not the Impreza.

Now the focus is more on luxury but the performance is still extroadinary. Personally, i believe the latest Legacy GT handles better stock than the MY04/05 WRX after test driving both.

The Legacy is abit costly though in Malaysia.. Motorimage and their stupid prices

IMO ,go for model like bunta's dad is driving ( subaru sifu plz clear this ) .. looks wise i feel the best so far for subaru .
but then if ure going for a new car then go for the evo the new sti front looks kinda how to say not nice ( no offence to subaru fanatics ) .

ps :-i think the more common name is for the airscoop etc is power buldge ?
or maybe its too much topgear/5th gear for me . any sifu can clear this up too ?

yah... older generation impreza looks better... perhaps grips better too, but of coz slower lo...

but since u are getting a new car, i would say go for evo (although i'm an impreza fans)... evo is the newer model car... more gals will recognize the car (bcoz its an evo, common).... but since u owned an evo before, try getting an impreza and see how it feels... if u got the cash, dont jz stick to one car model mah... try explore the capabilities of other sports cars....

I like Scooby.... Much nicer car to drive in terms of spot on driving position.
But it feels like the Scooby is not as responsive as the Evo when u floor it. U still feel that old school turbo kick.
But i'll still go for the Scooby.
But another thing is assuming motorimage finally does bring in the STi and for the same price u pay at NAZA i think u 're better of with Motorimage as they will bring in the Export Spec Sti. Now that is what i wanna try. EJ25 kekeke.

Top Bottom