Open pod on Automatic car

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
My corolla was said to be 4-1 too and recommended to stick to stock 4-1. Jian Hang is quite a reputable exhaust shop.
Using KNN as well but some ferns said after change back to stock drop in filter, feels the same. To me KNN I use is to save cost on Air filters replacement. Since mine stock is costly for each change. Might as well get one that can clean and reuse.

Anyway, good luck and keep us updated with the results. But I'm just saying by what you stated, the amount spent can actually sum up into getting a better half cut engine for your ride. Wel, just my 2 cents. Might have 1 that can fit your car

You can try to ask if it is possible to transplant into your car. At least worth more than what you plan to spend since you are ready to forfeit the warranty anyway.

NH6 Half Cut Nissan Pulsar N15 SR16VE Neo MT - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

Last edited:

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
My corolla was said to be 4-1 too and recommended to stick to stock 4-1. Jian Hang is quite a reputable exhaust shop.
Using KNN as well but some ferns said after change back to stock drop in filter, feels the same. To me KNN I use is to save cost on Air filters replacement. Since mine stock is costly for each change. Might as well get one that can clean and reuse.

Anyway, good luck and keep us updated with the results. But I'm just saying by what you stated, the amount spent can actually sum up into getting a better half cut engine for your ride. Wel, just my 2 cents. Might have 1 that can fit your car
Hmm, I dunno, but actually does`t plan to do mount another engine, i not sure about the compressor ratio, but this car is better to stick with stock engine with small mod, I just plan to improve some acceleration, fuel consume if possible, will stick to stock engine and get some possible mod which won`t hurt my daily driving as well.
Will stick to speedwork first, since they said they can done anything, will change suspension soon as well, and change the brake hose to ss, change front 2 disk brake and add 2 to behine, stiff ring, and some other electronic things.

Emp

Known Member
Jan 9, 2010
JB
Well....on an almera....you will be one of a kind :)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Thanks bro... Your results sounds completely probable and sticks very much to theory. I want to ask for your opinion.... If you haven't done it, maybe just an educated guess. What do you think of standard length piping with open pod with heat shield and non-sealed CAI?

What I'm trying to achieve is better breathing at top end without sacrificing low end, mid range and fuel economy. I guess this is the most balance set up. But what do you think?
The piping will probably be bad. Stick with drop-in la seriously. The metal mesh type is a balanced setup but you just need to keep monitoring the dirt since filtration isn't as great.

Open pod will kill your blacktop FC la taiko

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What do u mena?:confused:
Means first one, no one else done it....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

The stock is 4-1, the shop recommended use 4-1 because 2 reason, 4-2-1 take quite big space, might facing mounting problem. And so, 4-2-1 will bw longer, makes the mounting part different than my stock setting.
But I had went to speedwork, they promised me, open pod 100% works on my ride, they will change my whole exhaust system to balance back with the open pod to makes it work.
But still facing low end suffer.
They RM900 for my open pod installation, rm300 is heat shield. Rm2200 for hotbits whole system single exit, RM2700 if dual exit, but depends on performance, I told if dual was`t good enough will use single.
That means almost RM4k already. What about BOT? did you ask Speedworks?

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Yes, its speedworks. They said they can do it, open pod can gain performance, but must change whole exhaust system together.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Ya is gonna be, small gain but lots spent. That's why suggested the engine transplant instead which cost slightly more with what had been spent.

But then TS just want improve it slightly but the cost of it is a bomb man..makes me feel like is not worth the cost. Do a drop in then hotbits exhaust with piggyback.

Admire TS willing to try the outcome though. Wish i had that much to try :rofl:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
The stock is 4-1, the shop recommended use 4-1 because 2 reason, 4-2-1 take quite big space, might facing mounting problem. And so, 4-2-1 will bw longer, makes the mounting part different than my stock setting.
But I had went to speedwork, they promised me, open pod 100% works on my ride, they will change my whole exhaust system to balance back with the open pod to makes it work.
But still facing low end suffer.
They RM900 for my open pod installation, rm300 is heat shield. Rm2200 for hotbits whole system single exit, RM2700 if dual exit, but depends on performance, I told if dual was`t good enough will use single.
THAT is a lot of $$$ you gonna spend......Izso, how much can we have save if we both DIY together the intake part...Hahaha just kidding...

I believe you can just go for single, since your car is not high power or using a V configuration....dual exits is mostly cosmetic unless on those car that is really on performance.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam

i think to modify an auto car will not gain much..

coz the engine will spin transmission oil in torque converter & that oil will spin the driveshaft..

that means.. u'll lost a lot of power at the torque converter..

if a manual, engine will spin flywheel which is connected to a clutch plate n it will spin the driveshaft..

:driver:

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
THAT is a lot of $$$ you gonna spend......Izso, how much can we have save if we both DIY together the intake part...Hahaha just kidding...

I believe you can just go for single, since your car is not high power or using a V configuration....dual exits is mostly cosmetic unless on those car that is really on performance.
Ya, I`m also going into single, cause I prefer original look than cutting a new hole and I need spend money on body kit again, and I heard dual exit is much noisy.
I got 2 set of exhaust now =\ headche, 1 set from jian hang which is 4-1, 1 sport cap and 1 long size silencer with 1 s-flow muffler + remus tail pipe. This set is rm3650
And 1 more set hot bits, they say they doing 4-2-1, 1 mid box 1 bullet and 1 muffler with hot bits tips.
this is rm2200
Not sure which one giving the better performance, only know when dyno is come out. =\

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Ya, I`m also going into single, cause I prefer original look than cutting a new hole and I need spend money on body kit again, and I heard dual exit is much noisy.
I got 2 set of exhaust now =\ headche, 1 set from jian hang which is 4-1, 1 sport cap and 1 long size silencer with 1 s-flow muffler + remus tail pipe. This set is rm3650
And 1 more set hot bits, they say they doing 4-2-1, 1 mid box 1 bullet and 1 muffler with hot bits tips.
this is rm2200
Not sure which one giving the better performance, only know when dyno is come out. =\
Hotbits more of plug and play. While Jian Hang is customised according to what you are looking for.
But so far he has quite a reputation so, I guess should be fine kot.

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hotbits more of plug and play. While Jian Hang is customised according to what you are looking for.
But so far he has quite a reputation so, I guess should be fine kot.
Not so, hotbits doing custom 4-2-1 and other things which i dunno yet to ballance it to makes the open pod function well.
While jian hang is following my original stock exhaust, just correct the size change whatever is not needed and plug and play it. Because jian hang not recommended to do performance on my ride, I am just curious and wanna try it, I`m going to buy another silvia S15 or 350z in future so soon after almera and the sick accord settle everything down, will bring it to jian hang for performance exhaust.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
this is rm2200
Phew pricey pricey!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We even considered turning off the aircon for the entire journey to Terengganu from Johor Baru. But then we'd need to leave part of the windows open for ventilation, and would that impact aerodynamics? probably not by much. What...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience