Mivec Turbo

zero_kool

Known Member
Nov 17, 2004
basically, my question is simple....lets say i get a mivec 1.6 N/A. then i infuse it with a turbo....is it recommendable?meaning of recommendable is that...will there be alot of probs?or just some normal slight problems...if it's recommendable, then what turbo shall i BEST infuse the mivec with?thanks in advance....

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
I have a fren using MIVEC 1.6 engine with turbocharge (from GSR) in a Saga.

Initially I was very sceptical because he was boosting 0.6 bar with stock internals and stock fuelling.

But he has been driving and boosting for past 1 year without major problems. I'm really amazed.

If u interested, I can arrange for you to meet my fren.

delphinium

Known Member
Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
I'm really interested too. With turbo, I guess it wud be faster for the Mivec to kick in. I'm thinking of plonking a low boost turbo application 0.4 - 0.6 bar. But I've read so many times here that it's not reliable especially to fit a turbo to a high compression engine eg: Mivec , VTEC .

any experienced ppl out there wud like to share?

Originally posted by zero_kool@Apr 11 2005, 22:21
basically, my question is simple....lets say i get a mivec 1.6 N/A. then i infuse it with a turbo....is it recommendable?meaning of recommendable is that...will there be alot of probs?or just some normal slight problems...if it's recommendable, then what turbo shall i BEST infuse the mivec with?thanks in advance....
[snapback]888121[/snapback]​

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Yes! At first I was very negative about my fren's idea of turbo charging the MIVEC even at low boost because MIVECs have hi compression.

But he was adamant and went ahead with it anyway.

It already more than 1 year and his Saga Mivec Turbo runs like a dream.

Stock MIVEC 1.6 engine with GSR TDO4 turbo @ 0.6 bar.

I really had to eat my words tat time.

zero_kool

Known Member
Nov 17, 2004
Originally posted by Joeker@Apr 11 2005, 22:56
Yes! At first I was very negative about my fren's idea of turbo charging the MIVEC even at low boost because MIVECs have hi compression.

But he was adamant and went ahead with it anyway.

It already more than 1 year and his Saga Mivec Turbo runs like a dream.

Stock MIVEC 1.6 engine with GSR TDO4 turbo @ 0.6 bar.

I really had to eat my words tat time.
[snapback]888263[/snapback]​
hmm...really??stock mivec stuff with gsr turbo kits in it????? i was told if i want to infuse the mivec with a turbo, i'll hv to change the cam pulley or cam shaft...something like that.....well, what did ur fren change in order to get the turbo running in that mivec??? and how much did he do it for?? half cut and everything la.....

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
As far as I know, he did'nt change a single thing.

Bolted the GSR manifold and GSR Turbo smack into the bone stock MIVEC.

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
low boost and quick spool, might be fun, but whathappens when u reach mivec range? will your smallish turbo flow enough air to be revved up to 8krpm+?

a 1.8gsr + mivec with td05-16g looks nice for "low" boost + high rev. better you calculate how much cfm your 1.6 will require at required boost levels + high rpm

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
I heard this Saga Mivec TUrbo going to come out in NST Newspaper soon.

Keep an eye out.

zero_kool

Known Member
Nov 17, 2004
Originally posted by dolly@Apr 11 2005, 23:39
low boost and quick spool, might be fun, but whathappens when u reach mivec range? will your smallish turbo flow enough air to be revved up to 8krpm+?

a 1.8gsr + mivec with td05-16g looks nice for "low" boost + high rev. better you calculate how much cfm your 1.6 will require at required boost levels + high rpm
[snapback]888366[/snapback]​
err....dolly.....mind to explain what u just said???..kinda blur..

zero_kool

Known Member
Nov 17, 2004
Originally posted by Joeker@Apr 12 2005, 00:25
I heard this Saga Mivec TUrbo going to come out in NST Newspaper soon.

Keep an eye out.
[snapback]888520[/snapback]​
coming out in NST newspaper? for what purpose la?? selling??? ha ha.....

jaywat

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
Just wonder how much it cost for the mivec engine full set, turbo kits and transplant workmanship.. :huh: anyone?

tatatititututoto

Known Member
Nov 20, 2004
Malaysia
but is the MIVEC fitted with a turbokit better than a GSR fitted with a MIVEC head? (assuming the MIVEC is using a 1.8block)

which will perform better :-
in terms of pickup?
in terms of topspeed?
in termsfuel consumtion?

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
MIVEC halfcut , then 1.8block GSR or Mivec ? , then turbokit
- 1.8gsr means its low compression already can boost up till 1.2bar safely
- 1.8 N/A block means , most to most 0.6bar with a metal gasket
but some has performed miracles like Joeker said , some got use some magic :)

u got to setup everything for turbo , u need to make custom fittings , pipes , blow off , turbine , manifold
basicly u gonna plunk everything from a GSR turbo

GSR with mivec head - everything is set to go , except the activation of mivec. Need atleast an RSM to activate mivec.

Taking a Mivec Halfcut , changing its block to 1.8 , and then putting a turbo kit = orang gila yang pocket besar

Taking a GSR + mivec head = a good choice , but u still need to figure out about the gearbox to be used.

Pickup ? i tink i will go for the GSR + Mivec head
top speed ? i tink i will still go for the GSR + Mivec head
terms of fuel - i tink i cant comment , more fuel , more power.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

saw the car at nearby dealer.massive boot.boot lifter summore thus eliminate the C hinges.thick plastic cover in the bonnet.but the rear seat a bit lower compare to myvi.seats fabric also not bad.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience