I think most consumers don't know about this.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
NCC - National Consumers Complaints Centre

Here is a life example I quote from BMWCLUBMALAYSIA.com:

Tyre SHop Issues okay...just before raya i went to this ever famous tyre shop located in sunway and got myself 2 pieces of Yokohama advan S series (265-30-19). it suppose to one of the best tyre in the market despite its skyrocket price...
i got them to install those tyres around 6 pm and immediately went home after that. the next morning, upon admiring my new set of tyres, i noticed that one of the rear tyre actually had a small 'cut' on the sidewall.
i immediately went to the tyre shop and complained. i was confronted by the ever famous supervisor and he immediately called a technical engineer from YHI malaysia. The malay chap came after 1 hour, and upon instpection, he mentioned to me that the damage was due to wear.
my jaw dropped, my temperature raised, but managed to control my anger, and i summoned him to write me a report and officially bring up the matter to his technical manager. he promised to call me in the afternoon, which of course he never did. i called him 5 times the next day before he finally picked up my call. he told me to wait until next week since his technical manager was in penang.

okay..after 1 week lapsed, i called him and was told that YHI malaysia refuse to take the responsibility that the tyre torn was due to manufacturing defect not wear and tear.
i went back to this tyre shop and nobody entertained me.

i was very frustrated. i paid a handsome rm1200 per piece for the yokohama tyre and this is what i got.
just today, i filed up my complaint against the company with Tribunal Tuntutan Pengguna. Its actually very simple. u can just download the form online, filled up 4 copies of Borang 1, then go to 16th Floor, The Mall. Dont forget to photocopy the receipt as well. Paid 5 bucks, and those officers will give u a receipt and fix a courtdate. You are then to serve the notice to the 'accused' company via 2 ways:- by hand or registered mail.
After my meeting today, i went to the tyre shop and gave them the letter. Immediately i was treated super nice by the boss and supervisor. and almost immediately they told me to come back tomorrow and they will give me a brand spanking new tyre to resolve the matter 'out of court'.

so, ladies and gentlemen, lesson learnt, always keep your receipt, and know your rights as a consumer. before you something, makesure you check any item throughlly before you leave the premise. and makesure that the company that you are buying the items from are legitimate. and insist on official receipt for any payments that you made.

very very happy today,
kl_mafia

NCCC website: nccc.org.my - Tribunal Tuntutan Pengguna

Last edited:
a good thing to practice i have to say.... alot of m'sian consumers just stay silence to the abuse.... we deserve our rights... but we have to do our role to bring the issue up.

u do d rite job bro... i've done thiz several times.. just say wanna report to tribunal pengguna.. its scared them enough.. hahahaa.. :))

i hate it when my consumer told me that "CONSUMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT"... but being a consumer myself, i always wanted to be treated like a king. this is the right thing we should practise. good info tohsan.

Just received this from a friend. Certainly good 4 us 2 know....

Subject: Legal Issue - Good 4 us 2 Know

Legal Issue on Contract Law in Malaysia - Good for us to know

This is something I like to share with you from one of my seminar
recently. If you find this informative, pls circulate. It was conducted
by A/P Catherine Tay on Legal issues in E-commerce.

Notice that most of the time, the receipt / invoice you received from
the merchant carries this exclusion clause or similarly worded
statement:
"Goods sold are not returnable" or "No refund once sold".

The thing that I have learnt from her is that : "As long as your good is
purchased for home use and not for business ( i.e. to be resold), the
above exclusion clause is VOID.

That means, as long as the good is defective, regardless of what is
worded, you CAN get back all your money spent. You do not have to accept
a repair on the good or an exchange. You CAN ask for a refund. AND you
are LEGALLY right and entitled to! What a relevation!!

And most of the time the merchant will refuse to return you your money.

Her advice? >From her own experience (and no less than 7 and all
successful!), she will threaten the merchant with four words: "SEE YOU
IN COURT!"

The court here refers to the Small Claims Tribunal Court.

However, you don't have to tell them what court! All you have to pay is
RM10 admin fee and the loser (the merchant) will have to refund you the
money PLUS the admin fee!

She shared this with us because she felt that even educated people are
cowed by such unfair wordings (which includes her jaded friends who are
not lawyers).

Pls try not to let the merchant fleece you the next time you have a
defective good.

I know where to file this. On the 16th floor of Putra Place (The Mall
opposite Putra World Trade Centre). The form cost RM5.00. The Tribunal
will settle within 2 months period.

Tribunal Tuntutan Pengguna Malaysia,
Tingkat 16, Putra Place,
100, Jalan Putra,
50622 KUALA LUMPUR
Tel: 03 - 40492300 / 40424181 Fax: 03 - 40424259

" The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity

The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty."

Tks for all the info here... Definately will make use of it..
hehe....................

wow, congrads i should say...many other ppl would never have done tat

haha..and not to forget the MILO matter...

one mamak was fined rm 22,000.00 due to overcharges of milo where government had said althought the price of milo had raised but mamak vendors should sell it at rm 1.80 ~ rm 1.60...

so this mamak kena fined after a consumer complain and charges were made after investigation had being made..

cool chap...kl mafia....f!@# those ppl who treat customer like shit!!!

hey bro..
cheers on getting them balls up their throat!:beer:
and as for those muthafuckers--->:thefinger::thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger:

Ooo, kl_mafia, is the person who brought me here ZTH. Saw the link at his site last time when he was still driving a Satria.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom