How to check your LSD gearbox problem???

mizi0604

Known Member
Nov 6, 2008
Hi all sifu,

Anybody know how to check whether your LSD having problem or not? is there any sign that you can detect while driving?

and 1 more thing,can we just check the gearbox oil to confirm if there any problem with your LSD or we need to dissamble the gearbox?

Tq...

mizi0604

Known Member
Nov 6, 2008
my alignment is bad,when i take a corner,my steering will vibrate as well as when braking...

sarutobi84

Known Member
Aug 12, 2009
Johor Bahru
swift-turbo-malaysia.blogspot.sg
can you be more specific

what type of car and what type of lsd, oem or full lock lsd,plate/clutch type lsd? clutch type with full lock will definately clunking/vibrate when taking slow corner,but on the track its good.reduce the wheel spin when taking corner.

you may need to check your driveshaft as well.

my alignment is bad,when i take a corner,my steering will vibrate as well as when braking...

mizi0604

Known Member
Nov 6, 2008
can you be more specific

what type of car and what type of lsd, oem or full lock lsd,plate/clutch type lsd? clutch type with full lock will definately clunking/vibrate when taking slow corner,but on the track its good.reduce the wheel spin when taking corner.

you may need to check your driveshaft as well.
-mine is full lock lsd...don't know whether clutch/plate type lsd,first time heard about it...maybe clutch type bcoz its vibrate when taking slow corner...my driveshaft is okay,checked it before...

-the problem now is,my pomen already check all things related to handling such as suspension,driveshaft,steering link,etc...he also told me that my gearbox is ok,no problem with the lsd,but the way he check the gearbox was by only checked the gearbox oil...he said,if my lsd got problem,there will be something like "besi pecah" at the gbox oil...is it true???

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

lift up ur car and test run ...see which wheel vibrate...shaft drive....vibrate during braking?check brake pad and shim disc brake..
ok,will check it later...but my concern now is the alignment,when i push the throttle,my car will tend to go right...i've done the alignment,balancing,and camber...

sarutobi84

Known Member
Aug 12, 2009
Johor Bahru
let me guess,yours is either cusco or kaaz full lock,which means clutch plate type lsd.
i know because i currently using one,the feeling is like when taking slow corner got some clunk sound and vibrate a bit if press throttle too much.but when go high speed corner no issue at all.work perfect.
don't know why when you press throttle the steering pull you to the right.
maybe your tyre wear out on 1 side?or you can just do manual allignment and adjust some toe out.
final resort,change to helical lsd...haha

keigo4552

Known Member
Jul 25, 2005
kuala lumpur
bro,i think ur LSD gong alr. if i not mistaken,maybe ur Lsd clucth plate(right side) no good. its look like auto gearbox plate.
or u test ur gearbox when cornering in low ideal,see both cornering the sound same or not. very simple only.
and wat car u drive bro???

mizi0604

Known Member
Nov 6, 2008
bro,i think ur LSD gong alr. if i not mistaken,maybe ur Lsd clucth plate(right side) no good. its look like auto gearbox plate.
or u test ur gearbox when cornering in low ideal,see both cornering the sound same or not. very simple only.
and wat car u drive bro???
no sound when i turned right and only a little sound when i turned left...i drive satria...

sarutobi84

Known Member
Aug 12, 2009
Johor Bahru
I want to share some of lsd check procedure.
you can lift the car and try to rotate,if both spin the same direction,the lsd is still ok.

then you jack 1 side up(the other on the ground),try to rotate using one hand,if you can try to rotate with one hand,means your lsd maybe broken already.if you need 2 hand then your initial break torque still ok,means your lsd clutch plate still ok.

you can use torque wrench if you have though to see whether both side need same torque to turn.

dinoz_fed

Dec 8, 2008
sory to brings up this old thread again... just need some info n confirmation from all sifu here bout my lsd prob. dunno my lsd is full or semi, i just know my gearbox is s80 dc2 98.. i try to lift up my car (both front tires removed) start engine n 3rd gear engage... n sound ktak.. ktak.. ktak continously.. is it normal or my lsd worn out? i also try rotate the rotor a little bit by hand n the "ktak" sound clearly from the gearbox.. anyone can giv any idea bout prob?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys, need help or advice.

I found bird-dropping somewhere near the roof along the A-pillar this afternoon. When I wash it off after I reached home, I found it was too late. It has "melted" into the paint leaving a yellow mark about the size of a corn. I used car polish hoping to polish it off. but it only help a bit and the yellow mark was still visible. Out of desparation, I thought I could use my fingernail to scrape off the yellow mark.. but to my horror, I actually took off the shiny...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience