Good & Bad about Evo vs Subaru

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I know this topic had been discussed for age, but I want to know more, as in Malaysia market.
What good feature or bad thing about Evo vs Subaru, not in performance, or outlook, but other then that.
1. As I know , Subaru part are expensive then Evo in Malaysia market, how true is that ? They should be almost equal price, but some say Evo are cheaper, why?
2. Gear box reliability ? Subaru using Boxer engine, reliable if compare to Evo engine ?
3. Resell value - Subaru resale value is a lower compare to Evo, I had no idea why ?
4. Turbo lag ? Subaru or Evo which have more turbo lag ?
5. Other ?

Remark : Subaru Ver 8 or above, Evo 7 or above

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
i believe u can gather info in all that already been discussed topics...spend some time to search and read. i believe u will get all yr answers there...happy searching...cheers

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Subaru parts more expensive? Probably due to its boxer engine which is rather unconventional compared to the usual 4 banger found in Evo. Besides, many of Evo's parts are compatible with other cars which might be the reason why its parts are cheaper because they are available in larger quantities compared to parts for Subaru?

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Don't have a good impression towards Impreza heart once my friend had it burnt conrod, car was only 20k mileage.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Comparing Evo and Subaru is like comparing a pair of twin sisters who are characteristically different from one another. On the surface, it appears both are the same.. traits like AWD system, turbocharged engine.. like twins having a pair of big eyes, small lips..

But when you go in depth you will see the differences.. makes the saying same same but different rings true.

The answers you seek lies here.

For people in ZTH, Evo vs Subaru is irrelevant, they are both good cars, what matters is... which do you see in your dream. Because given enough money, time and effort, one can easily be modified to be better than the other. And the battle goes on...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Comparing Evo and Subaru is like comparing a pair of twin sisters who are characteristically different from one another. On the surface, it appears both are the same.. traits like AWD system, turbocharged engine.. like twins having a pair of big eyes, small lips..

But when you go in depth you will see the differences.. makes the saying same same but different rings true.

The answers you seek lies here.

For people in ZTH, Evo vs Subaru is irrelevant, they are both good cars, what matters is... which do you see in your dream. Because given enough money, time and effort, one can easily be modified to be better than the other. And the battle goes on...
But lately Evo seems to have lost or pulled out from the battle. New WRX STI has been launched already but Mitsubishi is still stuck with Evo X. And there are rumors that they will stop the production of the Evo lineup soon...

Well, among the major difference in Evo VS WRX STI would be the engine layout, Straight 4 VS Boxer. The 4WD drivetrain, AYC VS DCCD. Newer Evo have valve timing technology, MIVEC but I think WRX STI doesn't have such feature isn't it?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
But lately Evo seems to have lost or pulled out from the battle. New WRX STI has been launched already but Mitsubishi is still stuck with Evo X. And there are rumors that they will stop the production of the Evo lineup soon...

Well, among the major difference in Evo VS WRX STI would be the engine layout, Straight 4 VS Boxer. The 4WD drivetrain, AYC VS DCCD. Newer Evo have valve timing technology, MIVEC but I think WRX STI doesn't have such feature isn't it?
Subaru AVCS technology... similar to MIVEC.

Stuff like straight 4 vs boxer.. AYC vs DCCD.. is the things I meant by..same same but different...

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Don't be naive bro. People are starting Hybrid research. Subaru is still stuck.
Evo is clever to pull out instead of making losses.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Don't be naive bro. People are starting Hybrid research. Subaru is still stuck.
Evo is clever to pull out instead of making losses.
Subaru selling better than Mitsubishi in the world's #2 largest car market - USA. The Subaru XV selling like hot cakes.

Ditto about the Impreza. Cars like Evo & WRX STi don't sell in huge volumes.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Hopefully still got manual transmission... Lately everything also gone double clutch... :banghead:
The younger generations are pussies. They celebrate and jump in joy when they can take license test with automatic transmission.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The younger generations are pussies. They celebrate and jump in joy when they can take license test with automatic transmission.
Can see that. I'm among the younger generations but I still support manual transmission. Some friends around my age even laughed at me for saying that I prefer manual over auto as they claimed that manual are for stupid people. In fact, never driven auto before. Din't feel like want to try.

Its really fun to drive stick but paddle shift eliminates mistakes and get faster shift times!!!
Maybe I'm really a pussy.
Sometimes it is more about feel than pure figures or shift times. The feeling of depressing and releasing the clutch while shifting the gearstick with your hands. You should try more if can.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It would appear that pole-to-flag victories was the theme this weekend as Lucas Auer did just that, following in the steps of Sebastian Vettel and Dilantha Malagamuwa, to win Race 2 of the JK Racing Asia Series at the Sepang International Circuit that served as a support race for Formula One.

The Austrian managed to stave off Afiq Yazid and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience