Good & Bad about Evo vs Subaru

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Can see that. I'm among the younger generations but I still support manual transmission. Some friends around my age even laughed at me for saying that I prefer manual over auto as they claimed that manual are for stupid people. In fact, never driven auto before. Din't feel like want to try.

Sometimes it is more about feel than pure figures or shift times. The feeling of depressing and releasing the clutch while shifting the gearstick with your hands. You should try more if can.
The fact that im talking about shift times and mistakes means Im talking about racing.

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Can see that. I'm among the younger generations but I still support manual transmission. Some friends around my age even laughed at me for saying that I prefer manual over auto as they claimed that manual are for stupid people. In fact, never driven auto before. Din't feel like want to try.

Sometimes it is more about feel than pure figures or shift times. The feeling of depressing and releasing the clutch while shifting the gearstick with your hands. You should try more if can.
I also prefer manual than auto, as I was used to the stiffness of racing clutch, now im on auto, my left leg tends to get numb haha....kinda boring driving auto even in jams too.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Its really fun to drive stick but paddle shift eliminates mistakes and get faster shift times!!!
Maybe I'm really a pussy.
Personally I think it is more challenging for stick driving. The possibility of making mistakes, makes racing all more the fun.

Nobody is arguing about dual clutch vs manual that from a performance standpoint that DSG is indeed faster, but it disconnects the driver to machine.

For what its worth, I do not have any manual cars at home. Oh wait, I don't have cars at home, I sail a boat.

they claimed that manual are for stupid people. In fact, never driven auto before. Din't feel like want to try.
Manual is harder to drive than auto, and manual are for stupid people? You better stop hanging out with them, they must be some special kind of stupid.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Subaru parts more expensive? Probably due to its boxer engine which is rather unconventional compared to the usual 4 banger found in Evo. Besides, many of Evo's parts are compatible with other cars which might be the reason why its parts are cheaper because they are available in larger quantities compared to parts for Subaru?

mainly because proton was based from mitsubishi...and that people recognize the evo series more than subie....

plus....most parts are compatible/interchangeable with proton = relatively cheaper parts...

meanwhile subie parts limited to their own...even their wheel pcd was 5x100 which is quite rare..including several car like volvo/ford

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Personally I think it is more challenging for stick driving. The possibility of making mistakes, makes racing all more the fun.

Nobody is arguing about dual clutch vs manual that from a performance standpoint that DSG is indeed faster, but it disconnects the driver to machine.

For what its worth, I do not have any manual cars at home. Oh wait, I don't have cars at home, I sail a boat.

Manual is harder to drive than auto, and manual are for stupid people? You better stop hanging out with them, they must be some special kind of stupid.
I like to drive MT as well don't get me wrong. Whenever theres a chance I drive my friend's Alfa MT. :biggrin:
Dude, your turbo autooo mehhh

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
their left hand got other usage mah... since driving hot car with hot chick =P
inb4 enjoice left hand roaming passenger seat while driving manual :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Maybe I'm really a pussy.
I didn't catch anything else other than this. :biggrin: *ahem*

their left hand got other usage mah... since driving hot car with hot chick =P
Actually, that really is one thing I don't miss about driving a manual. Having a free hand to drink or hold my sandwich while driving. Could never do that with my manual. Damn inconvenient.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Actually, that really is one thing I don't miss about driving a manual. Having a free hand to drink or hold my sandwich while driving. Could never do that with my manual. Damn inconvenient.
Sure, hold a sandwich. What's your definition of sandwich? Your hand sandwiched somewhere?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I also prefer manual than auto, as I was used to the stiffness of racing clutch, now im on auto, my left leg tends to get numb haha....kinda boring driving auto even in jams too.
Your bimmer got manual also on other markets. But I was wondering whether is it possible to convert it to manual over here or has anyone you know or heard of doing such conversion? It was a nice sporty car to begin with, but the transmission somehow hinders the car's true potential.

True, manual requires more skill to operate.

As for those people that I'm talking about, some of them said auto is good because they can sms and drive at the same time. Another even said, if he drive manual, he can't even concentrate to chat with passengers. :stupid:

mainly because proton was based from mitsubishi...and that people recognize the evo series more than subie....

plus....most parts are compatible/interchangeable with proton = relatively cheaper parts...

meanwhile subie parts limited to their own...even their wheel pcd was 5x100 which is quite rare..including several car like volvo/ford
Only old Evo stuff are compatible with Proton isn't it? Those new 4G63T terbalik is not compatible with Perdana, Satria, Wira anymore isn't it? But I think those can fit Waja, Gen 2, Satria Neo, Persona....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Is boxer engine reliable ?
If talking about boxer engine themselves, should be okay. Look at Porsche sports car (Boxster, Cayman, 911) and those old VW Beetle. They've are also using boxer engines. As far as I know, they are reliable enough.

mc888

Known Member
Apr 8, 2010
Little HK
Your bimmer got manual also on other markets. But I was wondering whether is it possible to convert it to manual over here or has anyone you know or heard of doing such conversion? It was a nice sporty car to begin with, but the transmission somehow hinders the car's true potential.

True, manual requires more skill to operate.

Manual might be fun but it's not competitive. Everything is more to semi-auto now in order for the driver to concentrate on driving rather than anything else.

Manual is a beeyatch since u cant have your hotdog if there's intermittent congestion..:biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Is boxer engine reliable ?
Yes. The only unreliable engines I know of is rotary.

Manual might be fun but it's not competitive. Everything is more to semi-auto now in order for the driver to concentrate on driving rather than anything else.

Manual is a beeyatch since u cant have your hotdog if there's intermittent congestion..:biggrin:
I don't even want to know what [strike]man sausage[/strike] hotdog you are having.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Last year I had the opportunity to detail this church van, as prepared her to transport VIPs, but a year later.... but the interior need to be detail….. exterior still looks great ..thanks to the Transportation team

http://thedetailers.blogspot.com/2009/08/polishing-van.html

Reason being heavily used for transportation & so huge to look after....

Reason being fequently used & so large to care for...i have fequents...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience