Good & Bad about Evo vs Subaru

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Rotary fans and owners might flame you for this. :biggrin:

Rotaries are thirsty and unreliable. But the sound is very addictive though.
I don't think it's an unfair statement to say rotaries are unreliable. But it probably isn't very politically correct either. Rotaries aren't exactly unreliable, just require more care than the average 4-banger. Hehe.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I don't think it's an unfair statement to say rotaries are unreliable. But it probably isn't very politically correct either. Rotaries aren't exactly unreliable, just require more care than the average 4-banger. Hehe.
Maintenance not easy as well. Not every mechanic can tune rotaries.

For boxer engine, not sure whether normal mechanic can do or not?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I think with statistics can be easily justified as unreliable. Say, compare Mazda rotary vs Mazda's 4 cylinder in line engine rate of failure in 200,000km mileage

Considering it is the same manufacturer, only difference is the engine.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Go green movement has killed many models, I think it doesn't justify the effort. Before we can save the earth from environmental destruction, humans are already dead and extinct in many other ways.
Rumor had it that a turbo diesel is underway for the Evo?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Go green movement has killed many models, I think it doesn't justify the effort. Before we can save the earth from environmental destruction, humans are already dead and extinct in many other ways.
If its turbo diesel, Malaysia is losing hope already Sigh. Damn government, bring some good diesels!!!
Turbo diesel torque should be a killer!!!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Never heard Mitsubishi experimenting much with diesel engine. But I've heard of Mitsubishi being the world's first company that features a variable valve timing (MIVEC) system on a diesel engine. Suddenly so ambitious want to jump to turbo diesel? But diesel engines usually can't rev high and doesn't sound that good compared to petrol engine. An evo that doesn't sound good? :banghead:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Never heard Mitsubishi experimenting much with diesel engine. But I've heard of Mitsubishi being the world's first company that features a variable valve timing (MIVEC) system on a diesel engine. Suddenly so ambitious want to jump to turbo diesel? But diesel engines usually can't rev high and doesn't sound that good compared to petrol engine. An evo that doesn't sound good? :banghead:
Walao weh, come on, its a technological marvel. Don't be stuck in the past bro.
If turbo diesel, look on the bright side. Wide torque band, less pollution.
If turbo hybrid, lagi better. Hope it will still be the best time attack machine.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Walao weh, come on, its a technological marvel. Don't be stuck in the past bro.
If turbo diesel, look on the bright side. Wide torque band, less pollution.
If turbo hybrid, lagi better. Hope it will still be the best time attack machine.
I think after you guys have seen so much of my posts on here, I'm actually rather old fashioned and leans more on the traditional side when it comes to cars. Personal preference maybe. Maybe I'm just weird.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I think after you guys have seen so much of my posts on here, I'm actually rather old fashioned and leans more on the traditional side when it comes to cars. Personal preference maybe. Maybe I'm just weird.
No, what I meant is, need to follow trend, have to accept the fact that the world is changing yo.
Move on move on like your ex.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Many models of Mitsu is already on turbo diesel. They are not rookie in turbo diesel. I'm not just referring to SUVs or pickups but models like Lancer, RVR/ASX running on 4N series turbo diesel plants.

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
As long as we have the rubbish diesel quality fuel in M'sia, whatever diesel I will never consider. Bring in the damn Euro5 standard diesel already!

Damn cronies!

Speaking of environmentally friendly sports cars - McLaren P1 / Porsche 918 Spyder anyone/

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
No, what I meant is, need to follow trend, have to accept the fact that the world is changing yo.
Move on move on like your ex.
Need some time to adjust.

Many models of Mitsu is already on turbo diesel. They are not rookie in turbo diesel. I'm not just referring to SUVs or pickups but models like Lancer, RVR/ASX running on 4N series turbo diesel plants.
I thought usually the european makers are more focused on turbo diesel. BTW, thanks for the information.

As long as we have the rubbish diesel quality fuel in M'sia, whatever diesel I will never consider. Bring in the damn Euro5 standard diesel already!

Damn cronies!

Speaking of environmentally friendly sports cars - McLaren P1 / Porsche 918 Spyder anyone/
Those are way out of the budget of normal or average income people... Should mention the new NSX and LaFerrari as well.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

Do any 1 know where to service an hotbits suspension?
how to make sure it is hotbit suspension?Cos this is my friend sold to me long time ago.and i only see the hotbit word as the spring.
how much it cost?
any Pro-Shop?mean good workman ship.:adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience