Different between 4g63 and 4g63 RVR

But these newer engine's low end torque, ie acceleration from stand still is definitely better as they have VVTI to help out..:driver: also 4G91 you have to rev to have power, cant feel much oomph below 3k rpm

Old and new tech differ mah!......lol

But these newer engine's low end torque, ie acceleration from stand still is definitely better as they have VVTI to help out..:driver: also 4G91 you have to rev to have power, cant feel much oomph below 3k rpm

That is what I like with old tech. Despite being less efficient, you get to feel more excited when you rev it to get power. New engines are like you just go on calmly with less sound and excitement. I know newer engines tend to feel boring even when you rev it to near redline. Some of my friends will tell me to stop driving fast when I started revving over 4k rpm in 4G15 which I said I'm not even going fast. :rofl:

That is what I like with old tech. Despite being less efficient, you get to feel more excited when you rev it to get power. New engines are like you just go on calmly with less sound and excitement. I know newer engines tend to feel boring even when you rev it to near redline. Some of my friends will tell me to stop driving fast when I started revving over 4k rpm in 4G15 which I said I'm not even going fast. :rofl:

That is why we mod it to increase its efficiency!! :biggrin:

That is why we mod it to increase its efficiency!! :biggrin:

After mod, got more power. Might end up with an itchy right foot. :rofl:

Hi all sifus, how is the 6A10 engine? Is it ok?

Oh no. Not the 6A10. Avoid that one if you want less trouble. V6 engine is expensive to maintain. Imagine the extra parts for V6 since it has 2 engine heads. 4x cam pulley, 4x camshaft, 6x spark plugs, 2x exhaust extractor, 2x head gasket.... V6 is a heavy engine as well. Unless you really like the sound of V6 (which I won't deny that it really sounds nice. try search at Youtube for 350Z exhaust sound), other wise, don't go for that.

After mod, got more power. Might end up with an itchy right foot. :rofl:

Oh no. Not the 6A10. Avoid that one if you want less trouble. V6 engine is expensive to maintain. Imagine the extra parts for V6 since it has 2 engine heads. 4x cam pulley, 4x camshaft, 6x spark plugs, 2x exhaust extractor, 2x head gasket.... V6 is a heavy engine as well. Unless you really like the sound of V6 (which I won't deny that it really sounds nice. try search at Youtube for 350Z exhaust sound), other wise, don't go for that.

Alright..ill avoid that:driver:

Old tech, mod get raw power. Even handling everything raw. New Tech even handling got this and that, once skid, power cut to control slide.....lol

Old tech, mod get raw power. Even handling everything raw. New Tech even handling got this and that, once skid, power cut to control slide.....lol

What are the differences in new tech handling? The most modern car that I have driven is the 1st gen Myvi.

new tech - ABS, Traction control etc. Drove a 2016 honda jazz. The car is too smart for me. :smokin:

Do they really interfere with driving too much? Or you will only feel it kicking when you corner or brake too hard?

Do they really interfere with driving too much? Or you will only feel it kicking when you corner or brake too hard?

My friend who has a Evo X go to winding road then off those controls whatever and enjoy raw handling......lol:rofl:

From my point of view, other than petrol heads people dont really appreciate the raw experience (vibration,induction noise, shifting gear yourself etc) you get with old tech to them it's just a transportation to get them from point A to B. With new tech its easier to drive a car fast , on the other hand you need some skills and balls to do it in an old car with no driving aids :biggrin:

Last edited:
My friend who has a Evo X go to winding road then off those controls whatever and enjoy raw handling......lol:rofl:

Hehe, just like driving old Evo.

From my point of view, other than petrol heads people dont really appreciate the raw experience (vibration,induction noise, shifting gear yourself etc) you get with old tech to them it's just a transportation to get them from point A to B. With new tech its easier to drive a car fast , on the other hand you need some skills and balls to do it in an old car with no driving aids :biggrin:

Ordinary people are quite intimidated with these old tech. I wonder if carburetor engines feel more raw than fuel injection? Because my mechanic who had been fixing cars for like 40 years plus often told me that EFI is less powerful than carb. He uses my EFI 4G15 as an example and say the older carb 4G1 series are more powerful. I'm like sort of confused? I've driven a few carb 4G13 Saga before but they din't really seemed to be anything powerful. :confused:

Hehe, just like driving old Evo.

Ordinary people are quite intimidated with these old tech. I wonder if carburetor engines feel more raw than fuel injection? Because my mechanic who had been fixing cars for like 40 years plus often told me that EFI is less powerful than carb. He uses my EFI 4G15 as an example and say the older carb 4G1 series are more powerful. I'm like sort of confused? I've driven a few carb 4G13 Saga before but they din't really seemed to be anything powerful. :confused:

Mod in Weber loh! If want better side draft twin weber with short intake......lol:biggrin:

efi should be more powerful..... only benefit of carbs i can think of is....
-easier to tune
-no rev limit:rolleyes:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom