difference between rvr and evo engine

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Nally

Aug 31, 2007
how about mitsubishi eclipse second generation 4g63t with standard ar48 turbin.my friend also use that engine in perdana v6.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
eclipse also good.
2nd gen is with the D32A chassis rite?
one of the good thing is that eclipse has 2wd gb...

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
actually, halfcut rvr is cheaper than halfcut eclipse.
but eclipse is p&p to perdana.
so overall spending, eclipse might be cheaper.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
another research done by me, people wanna upboost using rvr must know,1st gen old type rvr (similar to evo1-3) compression ratio 8.8,consider ok since evo 3 using compression 9, however, the terbalik type like what i using now, the new gen which u guys mean detuned evo 7 engine, pls becareful when upboosting or install high cam, it is because, e4-7 engine, compression 8.6, airtrek 8.8 and rvr are 9!!!?? WTH.... the high compression might be used to blow the turbo to kick in faster cause of the big and heavy suv body, increased in cp of airtrek and rvr engine explained that....

Reactions: debe

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
so how high boost can u go (with the 2nd gen rvr) with stock engine?
and how high can we go for 1st gen rvr with stock engine?

Slowboy

Known Member
Jan 14, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Bros,
Is it possible rvr short block be used in e8 with all the internal be changed except crankshaft. What is the diff rvr and e8 shortblock?

Tq

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
in the knowledge that i get (it might be wrong, do correct me if other people know the real facts), rvr block are same with evos, bore,stroke, etc.... just maybe because of the piston dome different that rise the compression.....

for safety, both type of rvr if in stock form, better stay 1bar and below,even evo does this,the highest in stock is 1.2bar for e5-6, since i got ask mines japan last time regards my rechip ecu, they say if i boost more than 1 bar, the gasket probably will blown...

of course , if with proper add ons and tuning, even stock internal can withstand higher boost like 1.5 bar

Nally

Aug 31, 2007
yup.compared rvr and eclipse engine, which one is better?

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
If use evo 3 injectors but use back std TD04HL and unichip, how many bar you think can boost bro Danz? 1.2bar? If we install the unichip + turbo module, do we remove the Air flow sensor(honeycomb one)?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
not sure bout that la bro...but better use td05 16 or 20g or td06 onwards if u wanna boost 1.2bar....
remember to have a fuel regulator, metal gasket & walbro fuel pump before u do that.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
If use evo 3 injectors but use back std TD04HL and unichip, how many bar you think can boost bro Danz? 1.2bar? If we install the unichip + turbo module, do we remove the Air flow sensor(honeycomb one)?
air flow cant be remove with unichip...since unichip is a piggyback that alter the input of ur oem ecu to achieve what u want(include your air flow sensor input)..... in lay's man term , the oem ecu give the unichip a pack of flour, then tuner ask the unichip to make a cake for you:driver: without flour,no cake... lol

however, if u upgrade to those standalone ecu, like haltech , microtech, power fc(D jetro)....these ecu does not need your oem ecu (some even run without your oem sensors,they have got their own),and they use their own map sensor.. which mean they are their own flour supplier, therefore no need other flour provider, just make the cake on their own, there u can remove the air flow sensor.....:adore:

A Post Every 5 Mins

Hi, just joined this forum.

Was just wondering if there was a section for Porsche owners here as i dont see it? Perhaps i may be asking an outdated question?

Thanks

CJ
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience