Which engine ??

voon

Known Member
Nov 28, 2003
I know this question ask for many times, i lazy to browse thru the thead lah...so kindly give some replylah.

Dear all sifus,

I planned to change my engine ( 4g 15 )...... to which ?? I am driving wira 1.5 manual ( FI ).

I know 4g91 is famous....any other ?? like 4g63, 4g63T

Which require hassle-free maintenence ? I mean easy to maintain like 4g15.
which Can use for long long time one ( i didn't plan to change my car for another 10 years ) ?
Reasonable fuel consumption.....like RM 50 for 400 km ++
Can eat stock VIos/ stock city/ stock waja and Gen 2 ? ( want to shut up my neighbour )

My budget is 4-5K

THanx a lot

bye bye.

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
with 4-5K budget you cannot change to MIVEC

i think most suitable for you is 4G92 DOHC non Mivec (but very hard to find)
this 4G92 DOHC produce 140 HP on engine (very enough for you to eat stock VIos/ stock city/ stock waja and Gen 2)
maintenence still ok
RM 50 can go for 400++KM slow a-bit lah
RM 5k should able to kau tiam every thing

if you want easy maintenence like 4G15 then go for 4G91
it produce 115 hp on engine
a-very close fight with stock VIos/ stock city/ stock waja and Gen 2
RM50 can also go for 400++KM but no need so slow like 4G92 lah
RM 3.4K should able to kau tiam every thing

happy moding

voon

Known Member
Nov 28, 2003
Mivec is 4g92 DOHC ? What's is the difference between non-mivec and mivec ? How much i needed for a mivec ?

What is GSR ? is it 4g63T ?? How much i need to prepare for the transplant.

If i take 4g91, and kau tim with RM 3.4k, then I can mod somemore on the 4g91 with the other 1.6 k, what do u guys think ??

What is plug and play means ??

That means if i only can squeeze 5k, then 4g91 is the best choice.......

Sorry guys, need to ask more....need to learn, so i can drag some of my friends into car modding !!

thanx

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
u sure u wont change ur car for 10 years??????

wa.......muz upgrade ma....i bet u wont use for for 10 years....

if urs is 4G15...change to 4G63 abit difficult coz above 25% cc oledi

arif

Mar 25, 2004
What is GSR ? is it 4g63T ?? How much i need to prepare for the transplant.
-GSR or 4g93 is a 1.8 engine meanwhile 4g63T is 2.0 turbo-engine(VR4 and evo series)

What is plug and play means ??
-it means that u dont need to change/modify your engine mounting...if i'm not mistaken

voon

Known Member
Nov 28, 2003
huakenny,

Doesn't plan to sell..... but maybe buy another one.. ha ha. This car keep for mod purpose, self pleasure !! If i spend to mod and then sell it, then... i think it will be a waste, might as well keep it for self use purpose...unless it become rotten and can not drive anymore lah..

Ya..... maybe i mistaken 4g63T for 4g93.

Arif,

Thanx for the info.

Heard that 4g92 dohc ( mivec ) is quite expensive, need more than 6 k for everything. Well, i think 4g91 is the choice.

My car is just 2 years old ++, still got 5 years to go in the installment. If i change my engine, dun know it will benefit me or not......but, i want a better car. If i change my engine now, wasted lah... the 4g15 just 2 years old and need to spend somemore....if i dun change, no fun lah........Ai....ai ai....
WHAT TO DO LAH !!

Maybe change it after 5 years later.........until 4g15 old enough.

al_gti

1,500 RPM
Oct 14, 2004
SJ
Visit site
personally i think if u r into modding then no point thinking bout easy maintain,fuel and so on...once u mod u r ready for $$...

the cheapest way is to maintain stock..problem free..save a lot of $$...

if there r modding that make ur ride faster and everything maintain cheap then i think everyone on road also full of turbo n mivec/vitec edi...

no offends...
cheers

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
al_gti is rite
don think about new car don go convert engine
i convert my car to mivec when it is only a year
then not satisfy with it convert again last year november
noting happpen
i convert my gsr only coz me around 6k to finish all the convertion
oh ya not include the inspection fees la
if u change to 4g91 need buy rear disk brake n oso need go inspection
y don go 4 gsr it may cost u a little more only

voon,u say u stil got 1.6k to mod 4g91
does it mean can gain the same hp with the mivec n gsr
so think carefully,don be a so hai like me change the engine twice
it really say alot of ur $$$
but all this is really depend on u la

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
actually for powerful engine convertion we should have a strong and new chasis to support ; if not, end up u will face ur car chasis tear and crack because of chasis age too old, chasis material started to be weak... for wira injection model, I hear that most of the owner have convert to carbburator, and they are mod on carb to get better performance than injection model ... some of them modify with toyota 2000cc carb , rpm can rev until 8000 :D

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
hehe.. i convert my 1.5 wira to 1.8 4G93T engine when my car was 8-months old..
there is no such thing as "waste of money"... or how could it benefit u in terms of money and cents. as modding cars are somewhat a kind of hobby. (at least to me) otherwise.. dun spend at all at modding. Car always depreciate in value.. no matter how good the car is.... think of investing some extra money in a hobby.. that way, u'll feel more happy with every mods u've done to your ride. Back to your doubts about engine conversions... to my experience, it all boils down to your budget and luck in getting a good maintaince free used engine. In my case, my ECU burn and failed on the first day i got back my car. In my other frens case, his turbo leaked oil on the 1st week, on some of my vtec frens conversions, his timing belt snapped on the 2nd month.. and many more scary stories. How prepared are u? in terms of forking out $ and time to get your hobby fixed? :D

the morale of the story... it's like getting a high maintainance ever nagging wife... but u still love her.. lol... coz she can cook real nice dishes for dinner and do the laundry... what say u? :D

voon

Known Member
Nov 28, 2003
wah...

al_gti,

man u r right lah, modding sure need to spend and willing to take challenge one. I know lah, but i willing to spend a bit but not a lot, ha ha !! I like cars, but i got too little time to spend on them. Thats why easy maintainence play quite an important factor. $$ no question, everything up... need to save a bit, or else i have to feed my baby with bread. Thanx for the ' light '. Cheers....

gsrturbo9166, ftzone, boyzone'

Got one mechanic also suggested me 4g93T. He said if i want to feel the raw power of a turbo car, then 4g93T is the answer. I've been thinking of it for quite sometime. How much i expect to spend for the whole thing including inspection ??

I think i need to improve my chasis stability first, planned to put in the ' ultraracing' bars and fender. then the brake and then transplant later.

So, u guys suggest 4g93T better than 4g91.

ok, thanx guys for all the comments.

cheers..

Riderz

Known Member
Aug 1, 2004
Visit site
Just out of curiousity, if want to mod a waja, what engine suit the most? Not going for turbo. Any idea? Which engine is plug and play for a waja?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Too bad i havent seen a single one of them:)

A lot of their engines and transmissions can take loads of hp.

I wanna build one myself but there doesnt seem to be any workshops here that wanna build:(

Anyway ive got some links for u guys to drool on, hehe
Its in swedish but the pictures speak for themselves........

These guys build their own stuff in their garage back in sweden...

PPF Pure Performance Factory

e30 m3, m5 turbo 3.8L...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience