Convert torsion beam to multilink

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
in a word....NO.

I'm guessing this is for your saga again. Think next time, since i'm guessing that you're not just blindly asking questions all over ZTH...Go look under your car, tell me where you're gonna bolt any of the arms required for the multi-link to work.

Cheers.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
is it possible to convert torsion bean setup to multi-link setup?
LOL! Dude the mods you want to high tech la! Maybe the money that you spend in doing so, customizing your suspension, re-shaping the mounts and all can buy you a few continental cars :biggrin:

VectorX2

Known Member
Aug 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
sorry for being blunt guys.... but i am just really curious hehe... :biggrin:

i have seen so many awkward mods on the street, like a 4WD iswara, just really wanna know my ideas actually can be done or not... better ask than noe nothing mah hehe...

sorry for being annoying sumtimes...:biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
old generation proton was possible to do it with minimal mods since all of that generation was exact copy from mitsubishi...so its just a matter or transplant the organ to the car..

but newer generation proton cannot since chasis was different...from mitsu (even it was similiar but surely not 100% fit like old generation proton

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
LOL! Dude the mods you want to high tech la! Maybe the money that you spend in doing so, customizing your suspension, re-shaping the mounts and all can buy you a few continental cars :biggrin:
plan before you mod. not that any of us would discourage you to improve your car, but it would make more sense to begin with a good platform first.

While your saga can be improved a little, it becomes impractical to spend to much on a car like that. And before you say anything, YES, i do have one saga BLM in my garage. It was bought as a daily driver cuz its cheap for a brand new car, has enough creature comforts and after 10 months, trips outstation, & some 30-over thousand kilometers later, its proved to be reliable too. For everything else, there's my KE70. :evil:

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
old generation proton was possible to do it with minimal mods since all of that generation was exact copy from mitsubishi...so its just a matter or transplant the organ to the car..

but newer generation proton cannot since chasis was different...from mitsu (even it was similiar but surely not 100% fit like old generation proton
yes it can be done... but the question is, can it be done properly and legally??.. answer is no...
on legal issue... yes u will get stopped by JPJ officers if they finds out...
on technical issue... i dont think there are such expertise in malaysia which can do a good job in it... yes u can copy directly the design from another car (such as wira)... but can u make sure the welding job done is strong enough??... can u make sure the alignment of the suspension arms is not out??... in malaysia, many workshops do things pakai agak use eye see see only... 1 degree out of alignment ur car will drive like crab... handling will be worse den ur stock trailing arm...
not to mention, cutting and welding ur rear frame chassis requires alot of knowledge and experience in chassis tuning... weak struts mount can also result in bad handling...

my advice, change a better car is u really wanna look into good handling... civic eg/ek very good... satria neo also not bad...

if u wanna stick with ur saga, just do whatever mods available to improve the handling... coilover suspension... PU bush... front/rear weight distribution... better tyres... stabilizer bars, antiroll bars... etc....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, as topic states my coilovers need a rebuild. So far only place that rebuilds hypermax 2 that I've been able to find is Garage R in Singapore.

Suggestions?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience