proton wira convert evo 4 / 5 . Possible ?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Monkey see, Monkey do :banghead:
In cases like these, most of the time people will put the blame on Proton. But when there is anything nice or good, they will say oh, because following Mitsubishi tech. I've seen enough of the blame Proton for everything kind of mentality especially among those who don't know much about cars. Like many of my friends will say Proton cars cannot last long. I ask them, how about my car? Then they reply, oh your car is different. :banghead:

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Back when they had a monopoly, cars like the Saga, Iswara weren't much to shout about. Later iterations from Persona onwards are much better built

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Can only see the front. But it looks almost identical with mine. Same grill and bumper also just that I don't have the foglight. :biggrin:

This is so random. I heard that the reason is that the glue traps moisture which later on causes the bubbles to appear. I wonder does this happen to Satria and Putra?

I searched around at google and found out that in overseas, many Lancer CB/CC owners suffered this same problem like Wira. Even real Lancer Evolution doesn't escape this disease. Mitsubishi made an engineering mistake, Proton went and follow up...
correct, it traps glue + its acidic..... those 2 together = rust...
according to what i understand, you have to get rid of all the glue if you want to solve the underlaying issue... when i repaint my car, i wana keluarkan all the glue also, just not sure how...

some mitsu's during that era also suffered the same fate, lancers and my car all the same....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
correct, it traps glue + its acidic..... those 2 together = rust...
according to what i understand, you have to get rid of all the glue if you want to solve the underlaying issue... when i repaint my car, i wana keluarkan all the glue also, just not sure how...

some mitsu's during that era also suffered the same fate, lancers and my car all the same....
How to remove all the glue?

Now that I replaced my hood with a new one, I wonder is the new hood made using the same glue method?

I'm not sure what other cars have roof rust bubble issue but I've seen a few N16 Sentra suffering the same roof rust issue. Maybe glue method again?

But I thought for body work mostly local dy, engine is Mitsu only.....:smokin:
Doing it locally but follow same procedure as Mitsubishi, end up same result.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
How to remove all the glue?

Now that I replaced my hood with a new one, I wonder is the new hood made using the same glue method?
You know those globs of plasticine like substance that holds the subframe to the hood's skin? That's the glue you have to remove. You have to forcibly scrape them off. After which, you may see traces of rust on the exposed surfaces. Best to first treat with rust converter, followed by anti-rust. Do bear in mind once they are removed, the think sheet metals that forms the subframe may vibrate

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
You know those globs of plasticine like substance that holds the subframe to the hood's skin? That's the glue you have to remove. You have to forcibly scrape them off. After which, you may see traces of rust on the exposed surfaces. Best to first treat with rust converter, followed by anti-rust. Do bear in mind once they are removed, the think sheet metals that forms the subframe may vibrate
you removed yours?? mines like solid cement.... cant even scrape it off!! was thinking they use an angle grinder to do it or something...

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
you removed yours?? mines like solid cement.... cant even scrape it off!! was thinking they use an angle grinder to do it or something...
Nope. I dont think I can tolerate the sound if the hood reverberates. I bought the mivec hood in hope that corroding hood wont happen again. At least not so soon, anyway

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
My new hood also got that kind of thing there.

Same goes for my rear bonnet but that is worse. Is in yellow colour. Like glue colour while those in my hood are sprayed in same paint as the hood.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Nope. I dont think I can tolerate the sound if the hood reverberates. I bought the mivec hood in hope that corroding hood wont happen again. At least not so soon, anyway
If remove the old glue, need to paste something back on

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Hey, don't look. Afterward spend money again. :help:

Rust is good accessory for anti theft deterrence :biggrin:

Well, if want to see other people spend money, I was just looking at this thread > http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/newforums/index.php?/topic/32849-my-wiralution/
you're making an interesting point there, again! hahahaha awareness leads to confrontation leads to consumption in this case :laugh:

my own car is not a very beautiful thing to look at now too - front bumper lid missing, both side skirts pecah at the front, scratches and dents all around. rust is one thing i haven't dug into yet. will never get to these until the "heart" and "legs" are resolved.

sho satisfying to read his restoration process, that is how i wanna spend my money too :rofl:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
you're making an interesting point there, again! hahahaha awareness leads to confrontation leads to consumption in this case :laugh:

my own car is not a very beautiful thing to look at now too - front bumper lid missing, both side skirts pecah at the front, scratches and dents all around. rust is one thing i haven't dug into yet. will never get to these until the "heart" and "legs" are resolved.

sho satisfying to read his restoration process, that is how i wanna spend my money too :rofl:
Spray clear coat over the rust to keep the rust look......hhahahhahah:rofl:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Same family of cars, maybe Putra will suffer from it also. Don't forget Arena.
from what im told, later batches dont seem to have the issue (agak agak post 2000).... it seems to be true, those of my kawan who owns the last batches of these cars, no rust issues (aside from those due to collisions)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If you were given a choice to own a BMW or a Mercedes Benz, which would you choose?

Some BMW owners may switch to Mercedes Benz.

Some Mercedes Benz owners may switch to BMW

Some more brand loyal owners to stick to their previous make.

So, what is your choice?

And why do you choose it?

Owners of existing model are welcomed to share their experiences of their cars be it BMW or Mercedes Benz. :wavey::confused::biggrin::idea:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience