Car Advice

Mar 27, 2012
Ipoh
Hi fellow forumers,

I registered on this site to get advice.
Also asked the same question on lowyat as well.

I have a Honda Accord SM4 with a F20a engine inside that I'm currently scraping by with. You see, the thing hasn't been maintained well. Just today I changed the absorbers and upper arms for rm1200 .
Now the problem is the carburetor that causes it not to run smoothly, and so the foreman tweaked it to idle at 1100rpm. As a result, the combustion stinks and suffocates , not to mention being noisy.

Now my question is would it be worth a drive down to KL for the mechanics to have a look as I assume they would be more experienced.. As the mechs in Ipoh rely on parts from kl as well.
Also how much roughly would replacing the carburetor cost ??

This car can't be sold off as my dad misplaced the letter of transfer, so on the registration card it still states "dipajakan"

On that, it leads to another question..

Is it worth fixing up the Honda ? Or to get another used car ?
My budget would be around rm35k of loan .
Was eyeing a Proton Saavy manual or even a Persona that's less than 5yrs

I just got a job that requires me to travel a fair bit, so a reliable car is of priority to me.

and that's what I wanna ask.

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
it would be great choice for me if you manage to afford used vios. can get for less than 40K but 2003-2004. so, monthly installment quite high.for me, it is reliable, fuel economic and good power too although its automatic tranny.trunk space also adequate for me but the rear passenger leg space quite limited... if you choose savvy, better go for manual one instead of AMT..less headache. but it quite popular with the coil issue..for fuel consumption, its quite good. persona, its offer you lotus handling..adequate space for small family..in term of quality, no comment..

if i were you, might transplant h22a or f20b inside the sm4..

just my personal opinion..
btw, what is the letter of transfer? is it release letter by the bank?if it is the issue, can check back with the bank regarding this..or just go to JPJ. if the bank already release from the system, they can simply cancel it directly.. happen to me before when bought a car. already got release letter from bank but inside jpj system, it still not released by the bank. proceed to call the bank, explain to them. after 2 days only can clear it at JPJ and do transfer name. 1 day for their system batching and maybe another day for JPJ retrieve all of the data from bank..

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
im sure yr current honda is much more better to maintain compared to getting a used savvy...persona ok la....
the only thing to do is get a halfcut to replace the ageing engine.....

do wat as muzhaffar adviced to get yr letter or transfer.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I’m researching how much everybody J project cost, so other people can expect how much to spend on the future j project. Please list engine and tranny by year and model, ecu, wires, starter, clutch, flywheel, shift cable with box, mounts, axles, cost of modifying the ecu and wires too, and anything else that I missed. Assuming you do the project. Please add in for the traction bar.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience