BMW drop in 1JZ

drag_addict

Known Member
May 5, 2006
heard ppl say the digital air con quite ex 1 , still mayb need to change a lot of wiring..

that's true bro..
hell lot of wiring job..besides that,all the necessary parts needed was not easy to find...

JERRY_VR4

1,000 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
that's true bro..
hell lot of wiring job..besides that,all the necessary parts needed was not easy to find...
ard how much & do u haf idea where can get the thing? izzit E46 interior fit into E36? leather seat selling ard how much??? need budget ..

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
dont get me wrong.... i didnt meant the soarer have suspension prob.. its the suspension assembly system is much more complicated to be converted to your e36. so by getting tis cut you couldnt have the advantage over the suspension assembly as you will be only using the engine and the radiator only... the rest you couldnt use... so i will suggest you get the chaser cut if you could find any ... its 2200-2800 as i mentioned b4 in segambut. its available everywhere... its common too....

noted with thanks mate!

drsyakirin

Dec 20, 2006
merzw1261jzgte.blogspot.com
nice comment by renxun.. very informative..

last month i ve seen one new 1 jz vvti single turbo auto from mark II, very nice halfcut, like new..!! the price is 6k.

Renxun, do u ve experience swapping merc benz 280 se with 1 jz vvti? how much the hp on wheel? how is it compare 2 RB 25/26? do u ve any workshop to recommend 4 swapping this? how much is it cost?

tq 4 ur kind info..

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
basically to sit an engine into a rwd car is rather straight forward.. u get your engine sits on your crossmember and from there you alter your driveshaft length towards your rear axle.thats the basic to swap an engine in a rwd car.

for the 1j vvti or non vvti the hp is still limit to 280hp on japanese std.. however this is not ON wheel HP.... estimation will be rather around 225whp. however i will still bias towards the non vvti 1jz as i found out something very interesting when i shop for my HKS camshaft. 99% of them are not suitable for vvti due to the fact it will null the vvti feature if the camshaft was changed. that is the thing which i noticed... another is the pricing might be almost double the normal 1jz... so i might as well just live with the normal 1j and use the additional money to standby for any upgrades or spare parts.

compare with RB...? if you are talking about RB26 then its like comparing apple and oranges... the price is so much big in difference... choice is only for pl who can afford... as i cant afford... then ... no choice but to go 1j....

RB25? again its slightly more xpensive then 1j.... alot of performance parts available. but again bias to 1j as i "personally" felt it is much much more robust to whack and it had a very strong internal to withstand my 27psi of boost with 116fuel

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Yet to upload the pics..
just finished my 14 hours doing up my superlon
continuos and alone..
but i tink after this guide u can make it even faster ..
i will upload the pics as soon as i get up from sleep..

i did

1. 4 doors
2. Hood two layers
3. Boot two layers
4. Floor
5. Dashboard
6. ROOF (not done)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience