BMW Jatco 5-Speed GB coupled with 1JZ-VVTi

Wilson13B

Known Member

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I got a E36 328 , been tempted to transplant it with 1JZ-VVTi from Toyota Soarer , but the gearbox came with it are either 4-speed auto or a 5-speed manual which i doesn't like ...

At the moment my car have a Jatco 5-Speed box which is used on Japanese spec E36's & Nissan Cefiro A31 ... I just wonder it my current Jatco Gearbox could mate with the 1JZ then it will be perfect for long distance cruising which is good for FC too ...

Does anyone does this before ?

khoyos

2,000 RPM

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
It is always possible to mate another gearbox to JZ engines. Many people has done it with RB26, RB25, various 4x4 transmissions. U just need to get the right mechanic to do it properly. If ur only concern is long distance cruising, maybe u can use the R154 (oem 1jz 5spd transmission) with low ratio final drive. All plug n play only

Wilson13B

Known Member

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i think u still need to use back the 1jz auto or manual gearbox.
It is always possible to mate another gearbox to JZ engines. Many people has done it with RB26, RB25, various 4x4 transmissions. U just need to get the right mechanic to do it properly. If ur only concern is long distance cruising, maybe u can use the R154 (oem 1jz 5spd transmission) with low ratio final drive. All plug n play only
But auto gearbox came with 1JZ are available only in 4-Speed ... I more prefer 5-speed one because the ratio would be closer thus gear shift also will be smoother and the 5th gear would be long for cruising at low revs ...

The car was a daily driven thus Manual is not so suitable , I think even stock 1JZ manual clutch pedal aren't light is it ? =?

Anywhere around klang valley can do this kind of fabrication to fit a gb from another engine to 1JZ or any 1JZ swap to E36/BMW vehicle Speciallist ?

Thanks for the replies guys =)

Wilson13B

Known Member

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Can anyone recommend me a workshop specialliast on these 1JZ transplant to BMW vehicles around klang valley ? Gonna do this transplant soon with 1JZ VVT-I .

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone know where to find this kit?

That including the Gearbox,Rear axle and drive shaft ~

Thanks =)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience