BMW drop in 1JZ

rsrs62

Known Member
Dec 7, 2006
guys, if you want to talk about VR-4 and 4G67, please open a new thread.

tak baik la hijack ppl's thread.

now, back to topic.

we have not done an E36 conversion before as one of our prospective customers backed out in the last minute. judging by the measurements and the fitment, it's going to be a tight fit, but will be very neat. we measured the length between his 325 engine and the 1JZ, surprisingly the 1JZ is longer by at least 2 to 3 inches. so...fitment will be just...but tight.

E39? eh that wan is 5 series leh...somore quite new...wanna put 1J in there? hehehe better put M5 engine bro! maybe you're talking about E30 or E34 is it?
Bro, you have a workshop doing conversion of 1JZ into BMW? If yes, where is it or can you let me know where? I've been toying with the idea of dropping 1JZ into E34 but don't know anybody who has experience doing it and how much is the workmanship?
Thanks

JERRY_VR4

1,000 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
heard a lot of ppl talk abt using this car with 1jz engine too heavy very hard to drift & not really suitable with it. mayb SR20 more better izzit?

anyone got this kind of modifying car can contact my bro oso... he's oso looking the E36 mod to 1jz,2jz or SR20 manual. yrs is not a problem. or used original E36 with M3 bodypart & interior part lyk digital air-con & leather seat. anyone got similar car in reasonable price pls sms him 013-7044999(loong) for further discuss...

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
1jz..... we had a group with few units of 1jz installed in corona new and old model...(tt132,tt141) and we came to a few conclusion.... of course we had differant version of 1j.. some from chaser,some from soarer,some from mark2 some from supra.... myth always says that the supra 1jz is better due to the fact that it came from a pure sport car and not a luxury sedan thus should be making more power.... however if were to compare age,mieledge u will noticed that the supra is much older engine and normally have higher mieledge. the chaser ,and soarer cut is available till the year of 1996 and if u were lucky enough like me u can get mieledge below 50k km...the ecu from supra engine has one very common problem which will failed on the fueling.... either it will spray fuel continuos when u turn on the key and drown your plugs and wet your exhaust or it will sudenly run rich on low rpm and lean out drasticly on incoming boost..the soarer jzz30 shares the same ecu as the jzx90 chaser/mark2..... so far 4 cars including mine are using this and lucky to say non of our ecu failled b4.... the soarer cut had one advantage which is its not running on hydro fan.... and the water pump doesnt share the same shaft to pump fluid to the hydrofan.however getting a soarer cut means pain in the arse if you would like to install its front suspension assembly to your car.... the front system is some sort like honda and its very complicated to convert their whole system to your existing car..

power wise.... they should be the same.... BUT..... wear and tear factors and issue made me had a strong believe that the newer generation of 1jz, zz30,jzx90,jzx81 will produce more power compare with the supra's 1jz.....

vvti version jzx100,jzx110 will be suitable for street use... but do bare in mind if one day u were to modified and upgrade your vvti engine... you will not get any option to change your cames and it will defeat your purpose of having the vvti function. and also the vvti 1j is not cheap... the chaser cut auto transmission i see in kl ranged from 2200-2800... the manual are more xpensive... however dont fall to the myth that the supra's cut are better cuz its not worth to buy at higher price for something which is older ...and a problematic ecu

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
1jz..... we had a group with few units of 1jz installed in corona new and old model...(tt132,tt141) and we came to a few conclusion.... of course we had differant version of 1j.. some from chaser,some from soarer,some from mark2 some from supra.... myth always says that the supra 1jz is better due to the fact that it came from a pure sport car and not a luxury sedan thus should be making more power.... however if were to compare age,mieledge u will noticed that the supra is much older engine and normally have higher mieledge. the chaser ,and soarer cut is available till the year of 1996 and if u were lucky enough like me u can get mieledge below 50k km...the ecu from supra engine has one very common problem which will failed on the fueling.... either it will spray fuel continuos when u turn on the key and drown your plugs and wet your exhaust or it will sudenly run rich on low rpm and lean out drasticly on incoming boost..the soarer jzz30 shares the same ecu as the jzx90 chaser/mark2..... so far 4 cars including mine are using this and lucky to say non of our ecu failled b4.... the soarer cut had one advantage which is its not running on hydro fan.... and the water pump doesnt share the same shaft to pump fluid to the hydrofan.however getting a soarer cut means pain in the arse if you would like to install its front suspension assembly to your car.... the front system is some sort like honda and its very complicated to convert their whole system to your existing car..

power wise.... they should be the same.... BUT..... wear and tear factors and issue made me had a strong believe that the newer generation of 1jz, zz30,jzx90,jzx81 will produce more power compare with the supra's 1jz.....

vvti version jzx100,jzx110 will be suitable for street use... but do bare in mind if one day u were to modified and upgrade your vvti engine... you will not get any option to change your cames and it will defeat your purpose of having the vvti function. and also the vvti 1j is not cheap... the chaser cut auto transmission i see in kl ranged from 2200-2800... the manual are more xpensive... however dont fall to the myth that the supra's cut are better cuz its not worth to buy at higher price for something which is older ...and a problematic ecu..........

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
so bro renxun,the best 1jz half cut is not supra (ecu prob) & soarer (suspension prob)? how bout chaser?does it have problem if fit with E36?

JERRY_VR4

1,000 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
so bro renxun,the best 1jz half cut is not supra (ecu prob) & soarer (suspension prob)? how bout chaser?does it have problem if fit with E36?
bro suspension problem wun effect ur ride lah cos think's most using back ur stock suspensions system rite??? VVTi engine should be suitable u i think...:biggrin:

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
u mean GTE or GE?btw how is ur hunt for E36?

Last edited:

JERRY_VR4

1,000 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
u mean GTE or GE?btw how is ur hunt for E36?
thinks GTE .. single turbo 1.
hard to find leh , looking for a outlook ok thn engine conditions not's a problem 1, must cheap thn market lah of coz but most ppl selling car promote their engine 1st cos everyone should know the BMW spare part quite ex 1.. bro so ur car oso under projecting? got same idea oso...:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
i decided to keep my car & restore it,currectly working on it's interior-changed dashboard & door panel,later wrap 'A' ,'B' & 'C' pillar cover.

after tat get a bodykit while survey on engine...

BMWCM got few unit E36 selling,got a coupe selling at very attractive price also,nicely pimped

JERRY_VR4

1,000 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
i decided to keep my car & restore it,currectly working on it's interior-changed dashboard & door panel,later wrap 'A' ,'B' & 'C' pillar cover.

after tat get a bodykit while survey on engine...

BMWCM got few unit E36 selling,got a coupe selling at very attractive price also,nicely pimped
i got taking a look oredi .. the price out of my budget oredi even it's cheap. he got 2 engine conversion rite? i prefer to getting BMW with japanese engine.. so a lot of offer is extra for me.. btw how abt ur interior? fully convert oredi? manual & digital air con ??

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
nope la,just repair those broken or faded parts 1st then consider digital aircon.

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
no idea bout it,not yet start my survey.

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
dont get me wrong.... i didnt meant the soarer have suspension prob.. its the suspension assembly system is much more complicated to be converted to your e36. so by getting tis cut you couldnt have the advantage over the suspension assembly as you will be only using the engine and the radiator only... the rest you couldnt use... so i will suggest you get the chaser cut if you could find any ... its 2200-2800 as i mentioned b4 in segambut. its available everywhere... its common too....

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sorry bro..i am newbie here...and i wan ask something bout my slk...how to open the door cover har?coz only one place i dun know....the mirror handle there how to open har?no screw there leh..coz got some wierd sound inside....very gao wek everytime i drive leh.....thx all pros here....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience