4g93 Mivec Turbo Waja project(Many pictures be warned)

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Also took the opportunity to overhaul almost completely my aircond system, changed the cooling coil, condenser, expansion valve and receiver dryer. Now the aircond is super cold even in extremely hot afternoons. About time I gave the aircond system an overhaul considering it was 17 years old already....
Boleh thana 17 years, not bad wei.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
that sounds like a lotta money spent in the last month. And damn bro, your upgrades are always so damn interesting! Who did the GB update for you?

Also how the hell did a transistor snap like that?

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
that sounds like a lotta money spent in the last month. And damn bro, your upgrades are always so damn interesting! Who did the GB update for you?

Also how the hell did a transistor snap like that?
Yes it's damn alot of money. Bill was almost 2k including labour for gearbox remove install/barai gearbox and aircond overhaul, excluding the price of the gears in the first place and also the gear oil. Ok la not say very interesting also, this one minor update only. After this should be reducing alot on the updates edi just need to tune here and there, up boost, then hopefully prep it for sepang track day hehe. My usual workshop in SS19 did the work, but I was also there to join as need to identify some parts and also decide which parts to use. Some the gears are the same with the ones I bought, but the conditions of the synchro teeth are not the same, so have to decide which is the better one.

Now finally reasonably happy while driving the car edi, smooth turns and 1-2 don't suck as bad anymore, just need to fix the monoblock for my missing boom boom boom

Reactions: Kevinho

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Long time no update liao, here's some update, good info in case you guys encounter the same problem.

After the GB dissection, my water temp gauge became unreliable. When the compressor kicks in, the water temp will go up, and when the compressor turns off the temp will go down immediately, confirmed from the ECU reading that the engine is not overheating. Changed the temp sender for the gauge and problem still same. Mech suggested to check my grounding and I just gave the grounding cable and mounting points on the chassis some grinding, and also added another grounding cable as well while I was at it, and the temp sender started working like normal again :banana:

Before

After

Also another problem was recently I noticed idling was rougher than usual and town driving is just pretty horrible at really low RPM where the engine can get really jerky. Thought it was my tuning problem but no matter what I do I just couldn't tune it out. Wanted to play around with the cam timing to reduce the overlap, opened the timing belt cover and, lo and behold, the intake cam had move itself all the way to one extreme. Somehow the 5 allen bolts holding the cam gear down wasn't torqued properly and required very light force to get it to loosen.

Although the cam markings shows that it is full Retard, it is actually at full Advance. The markings on the cams are reversed. With the intake cam fully advanced, the valve overlap is alot more, and I was pretty lucky the valve did not kiss the piston!

The cam gear had moved 8 markings on the gear, 1 marking representing 2 crank degrees. The cam had advanced a whole 16 degrees!

Adjusted it back and give it slightly more retard this time, and idling was smoother with more vacuum and driving around town is soooo much smoother now with no jerky jerky.

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I dont think he'll want to do that to his adjustable sprockets

actually he should...

thats the best practice...once cam is adjusted, dynoed/tuned to suits and confirm at specific degree...

then use loctite to lock it...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Please teach me how to modify all types of car including :
a)engine
b)suspension
c)tyres
d)aerodynamics

Please also tell me where to get those part with reasonable price...
Thank you..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience