Humble DIY Repairs On My Car

MEngineer

Nov 11, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Alcantara steering wheel finish is only seen in expensive cars but not anymore with ForgedForSpeed Garage. In today’s video, I will be showing you how to hand stitch a steering wheel for a luxurious transformation from a worn down condition to at very small cost. Watch this video to learn how much this cost. Hope this video is helpful, more videos on DIY car repairs/mods coming up. Stay tuned.....

Reactions: leinnz and Izso

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Alcantara steering wheel finish is only seen in expensive cars but not anymore with ForgedForSpeed Garage. In today’s video, I will be showing you how to hand stitch a steering wheel for a luxurious transformation from a worn down condition to at very small cost. Watch this video to learn how much this cost. Hope this video is helpful, more videos on DIY car repairs/mods coming up. Stay tuned.....

Your stichting skill is much better than mine. Now must re-do mine to be on par as yours..hahahha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Your stichting skill is much better than mine. Now must re-do mine to be on par as yours..hahahha
guys, the parts where the spokes are - how did you sort out the creasing of the cloth? Did you have to stitch around there too?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
guys, the parts where the spokes are - how did you sort out the creasing of the cloth? Did you have to stitch around there too?
I just keeps on stitching but needs to pulls harder at the corner near the spoke.

Positioning is key. If positioning is out then u will have material shortage at some spoke if you are using dedicated material like mine as it cover the spoke too. The one in the video above is universal type.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I just keeps on stitching but needs to pulls harder at the corner near the spoke.

Positioning is key. If positioning is out then u will have material shortage at some spoke if you are using dedicated material like mine as it cover the spoke too. The one in the video above is universal type.
so basically the spoke area there is "open"? meaning I can stick a toothpick in the section? Is there some of thread closing there?

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
so basically the spoke area there is "open"? meaning I can stick a toothpick in the section? Is there some of thread closing there?
can use dunlop glue to glued it down, will be a mess later if want to change new shirt

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
this is the one i tolong orang buat, you got to make sure its tight
Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 10.46.22 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 10.43.59 AM.png

since this was done to protect the wheel, at any areas where the thread might touch the wheel, i added a piece of cloth underneath (i feared the string might leave marks on the wheel)
1612838736592.png

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
not in my case as mine is made specific for waja. I had to glue at certain area especially the bottom spoke just like the ori. universal type just cover the wheel.if u check again the pic i posted, the material cover the spoke until the steering button for left and right spoke and under the horn/airbag for bottom spoke. Need to use dunlop glue here just like original cover.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
not in my case as mine is made specific for waja. I had to glue at certain area especially the bottom spoke just like the ori. universal type just cover the wheel.if u check again the pic i posted, the material cover the spoke until the steering button for left and right spoke and under the horn/airbag for bottom spoke. Need to use dunlop glue here just like original cover.
oh ok, so the replacement cover ends up as a permanent cover

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

MEngineer

Nov 11, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
How to change out a leaking camshaft seal. This also covers steps that is required to perform a water pump replacement and timing belt replacement

Reactions: Izso