DIY - remove center console & diagnostics noise (for Saga LMST)

RB26

GoKart Lover
Jul 14, 2005
selayang
www.mangoesteen.net
As for who driving Proton Saga LMST, the dashboard build up quality is equally low, few years you will notice a lot "mouse" noise from dashboard. From what I observed the serious noise are from center console. So here i will open it and doing some sound proof.

(1)
- Remove the cd player & coin drawer
- For CD player I use the key that come with the player to remove it.
- Hold down the plate inside drawer and you can take it out easily.
- Now begin to remove the screw that point with red arrow. Note that inside coin drawer have 1 hidden screw.
- Next will be removing the clip with green arrow, carefully use screw driver wrap with cloth to open all the clip. In this process I have accidently broke 2 slips T_T

(2)
-This is how the inside look like.
- carefully remove the wire that connected to the console button box & cigarette lighter.

(3)
from here you can see the clip hole. Bad quality with lose space.

(4)
- first I use tape to wrap around the hole, make it more tighten when the clip in, and reduce the friction.
- note the red circle is the wire from cigarette lighter, I try many ways but fail to unplug, so I decided to cut it off, and later on connect back with extra connector.

(5)
Stick all the sound proof material that I bought and left before.

(6)
The other side of the center panel, stick with the sound proof material too @ 2 and 3.
the reason is because the button console box only hold by the screw and clip at 1 end (1). the other end nothing to hold with, when going to uneven surface it may shake and produce noise. I stick
with the sound proof pad at bottom so it can hold on top of CD player.

(7)
this side I was just randomly put in. Not yet experience whether it helpful or not. :p

(8)
Finish and install back all the parts.
Use some dashboard cleaner to clean up the dashboard and also help recover the scratch that I did while removing part.

I use Waxco and found it not bad.

clean!

DONE. After road test, "mouse" sound are gone when driving on uneven road, interior feel more silent & solid.:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Porsche is now busy with the development of 991.2 GT3, as it has been spotted testing on the Nurburgring, undisguised.

From the images captured by GTspirit here, the GT3 now sports more squared front bumper intakes, similar to that on the Cayman GT4. The slimmer indicator units are derived from the updated 911 models, while the front apron looks largely unchanged. Featuring...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience