Modifying Toyota Corolla SE Limited(AE92)

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
Hi guys....
I just recently bought this AE92...before this using KE70.
Now after using AE92...im in love with it because its more powerfull than my KE70.
I would like to convert it for turbo or supercharger...but for now no money :biggrin:
So for now...i wish to change the look of my car for interior and outerior.
I would like to fix a Double Din player with GPS but dono what kind of brand will suit for the dashboard.Is DLAA brand could be fixed firmly on the dashboard?
And i wish to add some bodykit such as skirtings and spoiler....what kind of bodykit would suits for my car?
Any other modification or suggestion????

Last edited:

redsider

Known Member
Aug 19, 2010
Malacca
Hi lanz :itsme:

you don't need any bodykit as the car's body is ok. I know it because I'm using the same type of car. as for engine modifications, AE92 supercharge engine is quite impossible to be found. there's a supercharger engine in mudah.my. you can see it here, but I think it's really overprice. for RM5.7k, you can afford a 4AGE Blacktop 5-speed engine, which offers almost similar power, with 5-speed gearbox and dashboard, front disc brakes and calipers and front absorbers. and if you're lucky, it will also come with rear disc brakes, calipers, absorbers and fuel tank.

for facelift, you may look for FX model, Philippines model (which is really good, rare and yes, pricey too), plus original side skirts and front n rear bumper lips.

for ICE (in-car entertainment) equipments, I suggest you put it on hold until you finish engine swap. It's because normally a halfcut engine comes with dashboard too (normally), unless stated otherwise. I've done engine swap process from 4AGE 16V to 4AGE 20V Silvertop recently, and still working on doing some small details like side skirting and painting job.

And of course, you'll need at least 10k to have such things equipped to your ride, in order to have decent look and power :driver:

Happy modifying :biggrin:and welcome to SE family....hehe!

iamiceman

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
Puchong
www.icemancollection.com
yeah welcome to the SE family lanz.

Sorry I couldn't put in any help but it just feels great to know SE owners are out there, somewhere. Sometimes saw a couple of SE thought of giving them a wave or something but too scared they get the wrong message. Haha...

Ok, maybe one small comment, make sure you get the side skirt or install back the front mud guard. If not, you have to wash your front door every 2-3 days, which is a pain in the butt

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
Hi guys...thanks for the info.
Good to see some SE owner here :)
Will consider ur suggestion redsider and urs too iceman.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
I recommend..

Engine = AE101 Supercharger
Bodykit = AE101 or AE111 front lamp & bumper (i just saw a SE doing that in shah alam)
ICE = double din is good :biggrin:

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
Bro Zul...Thanks for the recommendation
If change front lamp AE101,i think need to change the grill also.....jpj ada kacau ke???

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
hohoho..

i saw a lot of people doing the AE101/AE111 front lamp, grill & bumper..

not sure can pass inspection or not..:hmmmm:

but JPJ sure kacau punya..

:driver:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I recommend..

Engine = AE101 Supercharger
Bodykit = AE101 or AE111 front lamp & bumper (i just saw a SE doing that in shah alam)
ICE = double din is good :biggrin:
D7zul...

The panels for 101 and 111 plug and play to AE92's chassis ka?

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
D7zul...

The panels for 101 and 111 plug and play to AE92's chassis ka?
no la..

it's not pnp..

it's cut & weld :biggrin:

fenders have to cut & weld..

bumper bracket need some welding also..

& some other stuff.. not sure d details..

:driver:

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
Anybody got swap GT long meter on SE?
Isit PnP?
Got 2 extra gauges rite,1 for batt & another for what?
Will these gauges work?

Last edited:

iamiceman

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
Puchong
www.icemancollection.com
Anybody got swap GT long meter on SE?
Isit PnP?
Got 2 extra gauges rite,1 for batt & another for what?
Will these gauges work?
Bro, not sure if I can offer any help. But my SE uses its original meter, and the 2 extra meter i got from my halfcut(AE92) still works. Not sure if yours is the same. One is for battery voltage and the other engine oil pressure/temperature. not sure which it is. :P My mechanic somehow got it to work.

For your installation of the long meter, let me know too. I wanted to change my meter also. Original SE meter is missing the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) to the ECU :bawling:

Cheers

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
Bro, not sure if I can offer any help. But my SE uses its original meter, and the 2 extra meter i got from my halfcut(AE92) still works. Not sure if yours is the same. One is for battery voltage and the other engine oil pressure/temperature. not sure which it is. :P My mechanic somehow got it to work.

For your installation of the long meter, let me know too. I wanted to change my meter also. Original SE meter is missing the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) to the ECU :bawling:

Cheers
Hi Iceman,your original SE meter i think is for carburator engine thus dont have VSS.4AGE engines are fuel injected thus have few sensors to the ECU.Correct me if im wrong.It will be nice if u post ur long meter pic here:biggrin:

iamiceman

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
Puchong
www.icemancollection.com
Hi Iceman,your original SE meter i think is for carburator engine thus dont have VSS.4AGE engines are fuel injected thus have few sensors to the ECU.Correct me if im wrong.It will be nice if u post ur long meter pic here:biggrin:
bro lanz...yeah my meter is for the carb version. I couldn't use the meter from the AE92 halfcut due to it's condition. So I had to use back the original meter. From this you probably realized that I don't have a long meter in my ride :biggrin:

But still I manage to salvage the 2 extra gauge(battery voltage and engine oil pressure) from the halfcut and put it into use. I'll try and snap some photos in this couple of day.

redsider

Known Member
Aug 19, 2010
Malacca
I have seen that those extra gauges work well, but never asked the users how they got them work that fine.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
Now my aircond blower motor kong edy....anybody have go through this situation...i want to replace the motor only but dono where to find?

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
Anybody know whats this?I found it near my aircond blower looks like autoflip relay but i think its not.

Attachments

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Anybody know whats this?I found it near my aircond blower looks like autoflip relay but i think its not.
looks like a school science project.. hehe :biggrin:

where's the box cover? nothing written there?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all sifu here,

I am going to buy some body kit (bumper, side skirt, & spoiler), can anyone recommend any trustable shop to install the above body kit.
Preferably in Cheras area.

Thanks in advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience