Re-Chip Vs E-manage

S4TR14^TURB0

Known Member
Jan 4, 2008
im using a satria evo, it has been locked to 2wd, as u can see, the oem ecu setting is for 4wd aite? so that mean the fuel must be rich rite now, so which one is better to optimize my setting for fuel consumption, performance etc... should i go for e-manage or just re-chip?

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
re-chip can tune the AFR meh?..i tot just remove the speed cut nia..:hmmmm:

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
re-chip can tune the AFR meh?..i tot just remove the speed cut nia..:hmmmm:
yup, can tune AFR & timing.. plus alot of other thing as well.. not onli speed cut & rev cut.. a simple way if u just want to lean it out slightly is by reducing the fuel presure, but this is obviously affect all the range la.. I would say u can do both, the most important is always the tuner work of art..

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
up this post..:listen:
sumbat megasquirt satu kali....

drax ada bikin....steven sri kembangan pun buat megasquirt jugak kalo xsilap... :driver:

Saring

Known Member
Feb 12, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
what i know rechip can't read more detail like pigyback, and pigyback oso can't read more detail like standalone...spent little bit money la try to catch standalone more power ma oso more functional mapig u can do,:driver::driver:

dking91

Known Member
Mar 26, 2013
pekan
what i know rechip can't read more detail like pigyback, and pigyback oso can't read more detail like standalone...spent little bit money la try to catch standalone more power ma oso more functional mapig u can do,:driver::driver:
what rechip cant do compare to piggyback??

Saring

Known Member
Feb 12, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
what rechip cant do compare to piggyback??
rechip you just map on you eprom chip and put into you ecu. next time you "feel racer" change to another style need to change the map on eprom chip (can erase map and put new map),functional depend on you tuner and software to map oso depend on you ECU model. RECHIP only manipulated you ECU.

pigy back u need to know piggy back just received ur signal sensor and modified them to trick you ecu. but its more user friendly tkn2 sja.

for me based on you budget and you perfomance part... "chip oso chep"
one more thing x ramai yg pandai map data untuk chip nie.

i also hear from another tuner chip can disable many function on you stock ECU like O2,knock sensor,VSS (for vtec),coolant temp,close loop and many more seting for stock ecu u can disable it.

jus my 2cent maybe their eprom chip just manipulated ecu only.

"
Therefore in Stock Car, the ignition, injection, boost, - etc. patterns programmed, are on the "safe side". In another word, too conservative. "

thedoctor

Known Member
Apr 2, 2008
last 5-6 years maybe no tuner can adjust from ecu...now i think certain thing cant be set from e-manage...only contra for re-chip,when u want adjudst need sign out ur ecu from ur car..hehe...like u can transfer money by online or u need go to counter deal offline..

Sent from my Lenovo A560 using Tapatalk

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
i heard nowdays even rechip can set a launch control for evo 1/2/3. if your car is a race car, then can go for stand alone. not worth that much cash for street car. just rechip.

Slowboy

Known Member
Jan 14, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Rechip or open source? Rechip is just re program the chip and not according to your actual engine. Open source is crack your ecu and make it tuneble which is better.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Rechip or open source? Rechip is just re program the chip and not according to your actual engine. Open source is crack your ecu and make it tuneble which is better.
rechip is modify your ecu crack open it...remove oem tuning chip....install new removable chip socket....so new chip can be installed/swapped easily...

trick is...u can have any new chip u want and any mapping/function u want (as far as stock ecu capability) and still cheaper than standalone ecu

want to change mapping....get the new chip remapped or just swap new chip in your stock.... (cant beat mapping switching on the fly for standalone ecu)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To those who study in Subang Colleges, and used to park ur car in the residential area of Subang SS14/2 (Behind the 2 petrol station), please be aware of the f@rking snatcher.

Just met 1 while walking to my office, luckily the strap broken and my briefcase dropped.

The snatcher is riding a motobike, can't really see the number plate ( short sight), but it start with B**...wearing a blue wind breaker, black tinted helmet. He just look suspicious, coz he seemed like get ready his hand...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience