Problem with e-manage in WAJA

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ahren

Known Member
May 17, 2006
hi all, i am using e-manage for my WAJA BOT project. And since i installed emanage in my waja, i had burnt my ignition coil twice in this 4 months period. The previous wajja owner also facing the same problem.

I had consulted my foreman. He said WAJA and evo 4,5,6 which using e-manage will have this problem too. He said there is a electronic device that i must use together with the e-manage. But he is not quite sure what is that. anyone of you know what is that?

noeyedeer

Known Member
Mar 1, 2005
Visit site
My problem is same like yours.
Sifu please help us…..
Cipan where are u….:X-:

cipan_supercas

1,500 RPM
Feb 4, 2004
Shah Alam
www.draxecu.com
There are several reasons to why the ignition coil can fail when using e-manage.

1. Jumper setup:
JP1 should be configured as 2-3 to initiate a pull up voltage configuration.
So, when the engine is not started, only switched 'ON', the transistors inside the ignitor will remain in 'OFF' condition thus not waking up the coil that prevent burn out.

JP2 should be configured as 1-2 to initiate a 5 volt pull up condition. This is usually the voltage use by mitsu's ignition system to jerk the ignitor.

You can confirm this in the software when the e-manage got connected. You can also use an oscilloscope to confirm the activity of the coil.

Ahren wrote:
"I had consulted my foreman. He said WAJA and evo 4,5,6 which using e-manage will have this problem too. He said there is a electronic device that i must use together with the e-manage. But he is not quite sure what is that. anyone of you know what is that?"

I don't think you need to add any additional extra hardware to e-manage for that ignition problem. Mostly are from incorrect setup and wrong firmware. Please have your e-manage connected by a knowledgable installer. If he's just a trial an error installer, you'll face more problem than you expected.

Last edited:

ahren

Known Member
May 17, 2006
thanks for the feedback bro, i saw ur location in shah alam, perhaps i come over ur place and u fix the problem for me?

:)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just bought proton wira 1.5 sedan..

i just want to know whether wira rear lamp can convert either to evo 1, 2 and 3??

getting advice from senior.. :confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience