What can I get from e-manage for 4g93

kayef

Guys,

I'm driving a wira 1.8 LE 1996. Condition of car is good and everything is stock. No mods on intake or exhaust or whatsoever. The other day was at a workshop and met a guy who told me his friend's wira same as mine and gained 20hp like that after installing e-manage.

What I want to know is how much hp can I really gain from a stock setup if for my 4g93 engine if I install the e-manage blue with ignition harness?

What are the pros and cons of having the e-manage blue installed?Is it worth it?

Anyone with the same engine done this?How much hp gained?

If its really that good then I think I wanna install it also.

Thanks

Guys,

I'm driving a wira 1.8 LE 1996. Condition of car is good and everything is stock. No mods on intake or exhaust or whatsoever. The other day was at a workshop and met a guy who told me his friend's wira same as mine and gained 20hp like that after installing e-manage.

What I want to know is how much hp can I really gain from a stock setup if for my 4g93 engine if I install the e-manage blue with ignition harness?

What are the pros and cons of having the e-manage blue installed?Is it worth it?

Anyone with the same engine done this?How much hp gained?

If its really that good then I think I wanna install it also.

Thanks

Bro,

in my honest opinion, i doubt you can pull off 20hp just like dat from the emanage on a stock setup...there will definitly be gains cause it will unlock the potential of your car that ur ecu is restricting..but when its on stock i doubt you'll want look into that 1st...after you get that and if you decide to mode more on to the engine,anything that increases air flow to the car you might have to get it retuned...sifu's pleaseeee correct me if wrong.theres so many other things that i think you'll can look at which will then be complimented well with an emanage.

Its definitely a good piggy back system,it more like whether you should install at your current stage im not too sure.

1 word of advice, install piggyback ecu when u need it... stock setting dont need additional ecu to fine tune setting... coz stock standard setting matches with ur ecu setting.... by adding additional ecu will only gain u vr vr minor bhp (approx 5bhp, mayb)....

start with intake n exhaust first... den move on to highcams, pnp, larger TB, larger injectors... den only u can consider having piggyback ecu....

For intake must use open pod ar?

Exhaust my car already have 4-2-1 and connected to twin pipe muffler, how to improve this part some more?

About highcams, will it disturb my idling or the problem can be solved by e-manage?

PnP might do la later, larger TB will wait for my TB to spoil first.

Larger injectors will cause higher fuel consumption?

My main point is to unleash any trapped power that is in the car so that FC don go up so high or maybe can help save a bit also at the same time. Don' really need to add drastic power surge at this moment.

For intake must use open pod ar?

Exhaust my car already have 4-2-1 and connected to twin pipe muffler, how to improve this part some more?

About highcams, will it disturb my idling or the problem can be solved by e-manage?

PnP might do la later, larger TB will wait for my TB to spoil first.

Larger injectors will cause higher fuel consumption?

My main point is to unleash any trapped power that is in the car so that FC don go up so high or maybe can help save a bit also at the same time. Don' really need to add drastic power surge at this moment.

How many inches is your exhaust setup ?

Using high cams will change your idle a little but with emange ignition harness it can be solved.

TB does not get spoilt that often.

You can always go for other stuff rather than spending about rm1400 for emanage+tuning+iginition harness(estimation if new).

Like Skywalker said you will unleash some power from the car.

if this is what you've set your mind to then its totally up to you..but on a stock setup you'll not be fully utilisiing the emanage.

How many inches is your exhaust setup ?

Using high cams will change your idle a little but with emange ignition harness it can be solved.

TB does not get spoilt that often.

You can always go for other stuff rather than spending about rm1400 for emanage+tuning+iginition harness(estimation if new).

Like Skywalker said you will unleash some power from the car.

if this is what you've set your mind to then its totally up to you..but on a stock setup you'll not be fully utilisiing the emanage.

So what kind of high cams are recommended for daily used car or rather can e-manage handle all kinds of cams?

My TB is a bit rosak also i think now coz when air cond switch on the timing doesnt get compensated. Can e-manage solve this problem?

I am not sure what is the diameter of the current exhaust setup, the stock standard for 1.8 wira la.

I have done some stupid mods few years ago on a 1.5 wira and they don't give me any benefits i think like open pod, muffler, 4-2-1 was good but it screwed the aircond system, plug cables, and some other dumb stuff that I can't remember. After reading on e-manage, I think it's quite a good addition and value for money item since it can help optimize the fuel management thereby giving additional power and reduce FC but want to know before hand what I will be getting myself into.

Thanks for de reply.

So what kind of high cams are recommended for daily used car or rather can e-manage handle all kinds of cams?

My TB is a bit rosak also i think now coz when air cond switch on the timing doesnt get compensated. Can e-manage solve this problem?

I am not sure what is the diameter of the current exhaust setup, the stock standard for 1.8 wira la.

I have done some stupid mods few years ago on a 1.5 wira and they don't give me any benefits i think like open pod, muffler, 4-2-1 was good but it screwed the aircond system, plug cables, and some other dumb stuff that I can't remember. After reading on e-manage, I think it's quite a good addition and value for money item since it can help optimize the fuel management thereby giving additional power and reduce FC but want to know before hand what I will be getting myself into.

Thanks for de reply.

normal cams with duration 272 below should be ideal for street use....

ur aircond idling problem is due to ur throttle body problem.... ISC damaged already need servicing...

normal cams with duration 272 below should be ideal for street use....

ur aircond idling problem is due to ur throttle body problem.... ISC damaged already need servicing...

What do the cams do actually, does it add power or does it shift the power from low rpm to high rpm?Never really understood the purpose of cams.

Do you know where I can service the ISC?I asked one mech and he said cannot service. Need to add FICD from toyota to solve the problem or change throttle body.

cam is to provide the suitable powerband for your car either for streets or racing. your car now idles at 900rpm, tork kicks in around 3500rpm and ends around 7000rpm. this is to protect from over revving your engine, n limits your powerband so u cant use ur car for racing illegally. if you replace with a higher duration cam (performance), you idling will be around 1300rpm, tork kicks in around 4500rpm and ends around 8000rpm, which means u unleash more power with higher rev but canot drive in town smooth coz the cam is design for racing.

Powerzone claim that their regrind camshaft can give improvement over the widest range of rpm even without installing the adj campulley....they also claimed that it will not harm the idling and suitable for street used or racing...

go get the emanage after you have mod your engine. you cant get 20hp with just emanage. you need the 'supporting' mod.

about cam, choose wisely. for street i recommend to use anything below 280 degree. got budget go for tomei, jun or rpw. if wanna use local regrinded cam, go for matspeed or powerzone.

p/s: my 93 mivec managed to get xtra 20whp with matspeed regrinded camshaft + emanage on dyno dynamic roller. so, i think 20hp increase on stock 93 with emanage is a myth. again... you need the supporting mod.

Last edited:
he he he 20 hp with standard engine because of emanage cant la bro.. unless 4g93t then yes but for NA i dont think so..... do others 1st bro take it step by step...

Top Bottom