How-to AE92 2-door rear seats into AE92 4-door?

Alcon06

Known Member
Hi guys, i was wondering if anyone knows how to mod the AE92 2-door rear seats into the local Corolla SE Limited(EE90 or AE92)?

The whole thing seem to look different, but my friend is offering me a pretty good price for his front and rear set so i was thinking of getting it to mod into my EE90.

Does the seating piece(the one our butt rest on when sitting on it), does it fit straight on?

Thanks!

from what i heard of...it wouldn't be nice since it's shorter abit for the 2 door seats....

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/toyota/44461-replacing-ae92-rear-seats-with-ae101.html

Dug out an ancient post on this. Although it's ae101 into ae92, probably the method is the same.

rear1.jpg

rear.jpg

Good luck in your modding. if can, post some pics up.

Last edited:
Nice setup done on your car. I was initially considering doing the same by looking for a set of these AE101 ones as well but somehow tempted to try the AE92 coz it looks more "original", but just curious the seating piece is the same size as the AE101 coupe, or same size as the AE92 sedan(juz more squarish at the sides), coz i plan to re-use the leaning piece of my sedan and use the cloth from the AE92 coupe piece instead of putting the AE92 coupe ones onto my AE92 sedan.

got any AE101 rear seat o not?

how much does it cost? interested oso to put in my EE90. the modding how ar..?

again, I can see that the leaning portion is re-wrap using the ae101 seat material. tat's the only way coz it's impossible to direct fit the leaning portion from ae101 -> ae82.

the seating part..noticed it's quite cramped.probably it was fitted it without cutting the side part.

Sorry for the lack of updates. I had been busy.

Anyway... it seems that the seating piece from the AE92 coupe is NOT plug and play with the 4-door sedan, the entire piece is longer and i think i kinda need to cut off some metal brackets at the back to fit. Will update again if there's progress. Have yet to test fit the leaning piece and it looks like it's a lot shorter to me.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom